Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn man, i know that has to suck... Hopefully something will come through for you
    Training Log

Comment

• Originally posted by CMC191 View Post
      Damn man, i know that has to suck... Hopefully something will come through for you

Appreciate it

Well see what happens. With training its more of a matter of when than if for me. As ive taken 2 years off before when I took myself out in 2004 and came back larger and stronger. Right now I just am trying to fix what issues can be fixed before I blaze through the pain again, as usual.

Eventually I will reach a plateau of recovery with these issues and at that point I will most likely return. I figure 1 year is enough time. So possibly by june or july I will start back. Right now though, I dont really give a shit, and nothing to prove, so Ill do it when it feels right for me. The mistake I made in the past was letting weight lifting rule my life and never giving myself any other options. Its taken a toll on me all around and now Im gonna do shit by my own rules. I sold my soul for that shit, and it got me through very violent times , where I would have lashed out in other ways, however now I have more control and more choice

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!
      Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• I decided fuck it, and trained my first session today (Second session in 6 months, but first session in my return). Upper body. Very low volume just getting some blood in my muscle. I was still able to hit 275 lb tricep pressdowns, curved bar, for 5 reps. Nothing crazy but not bad for 6 months of no training and not eating properly. 207 lbs and arms down about 3 inches each. A few inches off the legs too. Chest is still 52, down from 54-55. Not bad though considering. Everything else was extremely weak by my standards but I think now I will train for 3-4 days a week.

Except this time Ill make the rules. Rather than the shit controlling me. Right now I will add protein into my diet and more meals, but not gonna bust my ass right now with the eating. My metabolism is much slower so I dont really need to to regain most of my lost size at the moment.

My diet is very simple now. Consisting mostly of canned salmon and tuna with hot sauce and bacon bits stirred in. Instant rice bags for carbs mostly. And a bunch of other dollar food items , microwave shit for extra carbs and calories. Very simple and cheap for now. Clean protein sources and smaller meals to lessen the acid.

Once training is atleast decent again , then maybe some more videos. Just getting reconditioned to the training at the moment. The acid seems more under control with this medication so that opens things back up for gaining size.

6 months is usually when I relapse as far as breaks are concerned. I feel that taking a year or more off should only be reserved for being completely incompacitated. Like when I took 2 years off. This time it was just nerve damage and I never actually lost strength. That with extremely bad acid indigestion is why I took the break. Not much feeling returned back to my hands during the break though

KILL THAT SHIT

Comment

• First leg session in 6 months today. Not bad. Legs down an inch and half which is not too bad considering eating very little, no training.

Still hit 700 on leg press for 30 reps. Alot of the strength is still there, its just building back the endurance and reconditioning the muscles to contract again. So it wont take long before hitting the usual 100 rep sets again.

Despite keeping everything light, my entire body is sore even to the touch. Which is normal after a long lay off. Once Ive been back some weeks and months the muscle will become stubborn again and soreness will be minimal.

Despite the numbness, I feel a hell of alot better when Im training again. Pain is more noticable with less distractions. Training for me has always been a much needed vent for my demons

KILL THAT SHIT

Comment

• Always a good feeling getting back into the gym
            Training Log

Comment

• Hit arms again today. Wasnt bad. Only the second session but hit 300 lb curved bar pressdowns for 4 reps, and 280 for 10 reps (up 5 reps from the last arm session).

Biceps still very tender and weak. So the most I fucked with was 50 lb alternating db curls for 4 reps and some straight bar cable curls. More pump style.

Though already strength is coming back rapidly, which is usually what happens when I come back from breaks. So within 2 to 3 months I should be mostly back, if not back.

Alot of that shit is just the muscle learning to contract again, and the muscles getting stubborn again as the soreness reduces. Right now shit gets super sore.

I trained chest and back again as well. Back and chest strength is way down. Every week is usually significant strength increases though. Sometimes double reps. Even though my arms are down to 17 inches cold, my tricep strength is still not super weak. I didnt expect to be adding plates on the stack within the first few sessions back. Not listing sessions yet. But will provide worthwhile updates. Maybe in a few months go back to posting with videos again. Depends what Im going to do. I dont give a fuck anymore about taking breaks, since the shit comes back, and since now Ive decided to run shit, rather than the shit running me as it has for most of my 20 years doing this shit

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Originally posted by CMC191 View Post
                Always a good feeling getting back into the gym

Definately. After 6 months I feel like Im rotting mentally and physically and my rage gets out of control. While I can take an even longer break, there is more detrimental shit that can occur by not getting that vent. It feels good to get some blood into the appendages again. Breaks have become the norm for me at this stage, however each year since 2007, since ive been back from my 2 year lay off in 2004, I have made new size gains. So I try to hit some new size records each year. For the first 2 or so years it was just old size returning, but since then its been new size increases. Ill usually hit a new size or strength record(s) and then take some months off. So it evens out.

Approaching shit like that is what has allowed me to control the shit, rather than the shit controlling my entire life. Getting to a point of not giving a fuck about losing size and strength, since I know it comes back in a matter of months. Thats given me a major edge to adapt around all this shit and breakdown of my body.

That and a much slower metabolism since my late twenties. To the point where I was able to not train and eat maybe once a day for 6 months (sometimes not eat) and still be 210 lbs with the same waist and navel size, just smaller arms, and a few inches off my back/chest measurement, inch and half off legs. In the past I would lose 5 lbs a day if I missed a meal. So now things are very different

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Glad to see you back Beast! How long was your layoff? After lengthy layoffs, it's usually best to start out extremely light due to atrophied muscle, weakened connective tissue, and overall work capacity. I'm sure you'll experience new gains in the next few months. What was your caloric intake during the layoff? And what (if any) supplements were you on? Looking forward to following your new journey!

Comment

• Originally posted by moreps View Post
                    Glad to see you back Beast! How long was your layoff? After lengthy layoffs, it's usually best to start out extremely light due to atrophied muscle, weakened connective tissue, and overall work capacity. I'm sure you'll experience new gains in the next few months. What was your caloric intake during the layoff? And what (if any) supplements were you on? Looking forward to following your new journey!

Likewise. Welcome back brother!!! KILLLLLLLLLLL!!

Since Im warped, I train light when I come back, only because I cant handle more weight right away. Or if I can, I dont want to get too wreckless with form like I did in the past. So what Im using is limited mostly due to me being weaker. Though I will limit the amount of burn reps I do. Also my lung capacity needs to be built back up. My routines really suck the air out of me. All the no rest sets and heavy shit. So at first I wont go to complete failure on most movements. Even at my best I dont always hit complete failure anymore. If I dont I will come very close though usually. It varies by set.

My problem is that once the strength comes back I lack control. Thats why I take long breaks when I do. I know that if Im in the gym shit will get violent quickly. I always justify using more weight. After my warm ups anything goes. Dont get me wrong, I do restrain somewhat as I use alot of pre exhaustion and bodybuilding style slow contractions, holds , etc to make lighter weights as effective as much heavier ones. Regardless I find ways to make each session extreme. The sheer volume of failure training alone, more then makes up for not using one rep max weights. As far as the toll it takes on the body.

For the first 2 or 3 months I should just be regaining my old size. Then after 2 or 3 months I should begin making new size gains possibly. First I need atleast 2 months to get most of it back.

The body tends to fill back out again pretty quickly though once eating is in place with the training. Most of my size has been without hormones so I have a pretty good foundation.

No supplements at all. When I take breaks from training I stop eating too. I just dont give a fuck. Plus any caloric surplus just means I get fatter. Since my metabolism is slow I can eat very little and still stay around 205-210 after 6 months of no training. So maybe I lost 15 or 20 lbs.

I really had no consistant diet. I literally ate when I felt like it. Sometimes Im hungry and eat some junk and high carb foods. I never crave protein, so I didnt even try to eat protein. It was mostly dollar store food. Microwavables. Jamaican meat pockets (only 12 grams protein, mostly carb), onion rings, breaded shit. Very little protein. Alot of my days were 30-50 protein, just from eating carb foods mainly. Some days I would not eat and just have a few cold coffees. A good deal of my diet was washing down my painkillers with monster teas and cold coffees. I take 100 to 150 mg tramadol daily. A moderate amount and mostly for my mind. It was really whatever I felt like doing. Keep in mind my nerves are fucked up and I hate to sit down to eat anything. Only sometimes I feel like eating some carbs. Though even with that I never went wild. I have alot of acid and that makes eating even less desirable. I did get on a new medication for acid a few weeks ago. Pantaprozole. That has cut down my acid a decent amount. So thats allowing me now to eat around 200 protein with 3500-4000 cals for now, to get back. Thats all I really need now with my metabolism. Later when Im ready to make new gains Ill mainly up the cals a bit, and protein perhaps to 250 plus range with some 200 days as well. Ive gotten up to 242 on 200 protein a day. Just cals were higher, like 3500 to 5000 plus I believe. It always varies for me. I try to keep a consistant base, but I will always eat more when I can get it down. As I mentioned , the marketing bullshit with super high protein really is uneeded , I find. I can grow on 150 protein if my calories are high enough. Cals are the main thing. Maybe even 100 protein. However I usually keep it around the 200 range regardless. A little higher if Im going for new record size.

On my break I dont actually know my calories. Maybe 500-2500 range. It was very inconsistant. I had no concern because this was a full break from the routine. Even when Im fully back into the routine I will at most, do rough estimates of calories, but I dont count all that shit anymore. I list all my meals and just count the protein amounts. I have a feel by now of what I need to eat to grow.

Ill start to post up the detailed sessions and videos again most likely, after maybe 2 months or so. I find it redundant to post my weak comeback period lifts and right now dont care enough to film anything. Its nothing special for me. All though my videos are redundant, as is training in general, no matter how intense, atleast there is some possibility for new records or atleast a better demonstration of my unconventional methods. The fire starts to get cultivated again , once I start to taste blood again. Once I get close to where I was and can begin new gains. Then of course I will burn myself out and take several months off again. Aslong as I get a little bigger each year, I dont really care about down sizing again. Its a constant up and down warfare with me these days

While the younger version of me would have considered this almost blasphemous, I actually enjoy my long breaks now. Since I know that it comes back fast and I can catch up on getting some other shit done. There really is no way to balance this shit and it requires cult type dedication and sacrifice to keep shit rollin. So Ive learned to roll with my breaks and embrace the comeback period as something normal now. Balance is something Ive never been wired for. I am all extremes. So I need to either get the fuck out of the gym or go to fucking war in the gym. No inbetween for me. I loved not eating. But now its time to force shit down again. Though I am not busting my ass right now with the diet. After 20 years Ive gotten a grip on the shit to where I can manipulate it to fit my life, rather then the reverse.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!
                    Last edited by Walking Beast; November 30, 2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• That is awesome, inspiring stuff as usual, man. I appreciate the fact that you keep it real and don't BS anybody. Good luck and I'll be following.... Thanks again.

Comment

That is awesome, inspiring stuff as usual, man. I appreciate the fact that you keep it real and don't BS anybody. Good luck and I'll be following.... Thanks again.

Always brother. Never gave a fuck what people think of me. Always been in my own world. Damn good to see you back again. Had been a while. Always appreciated all your support of the brutality

You and a few others is why Ive kept the shit updated, despite the negativity over the years

Missed that question. The lay off was almost 6 months exactly. There was only one training session in june I believe.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
                          Always brother. Never gave a fuck what people think of me. Always been in my own world. Damn good to see you back again. Had been a while. Always appreciated all your support of the brutality

You and a few others is why Ive kept the shit updated, despite the negativity over the years

Missed that question. The lay off was almost 6 months exactly. There was only one training session in june I believe.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!
                          I was looking back to your first posts on your journal, and some of those lifts like 225 lbs for reps on bench press, and one arm DB rows, were just retarded. There was also a guy who had his own journal, and commented a lot on your journal, that was drinking heavily most of the time. Can't remember his handle name but I hope he is doing well and that he benefited from your lifts and the fact that you did not drink. Drinking is extremely detrimental for the lifter if done on a regular, heavy basis.

Comment

I was looking back to your first posts on your journal, and some of those lifts like 225 lbs for reps on bench press, and one arm DB rows, were just retarded. There was also a guy who had his own journal, and commented a lot on your journal, that was drinking heavily most of the time. Can't remember his handle name but I hope he is doing well and that he benefited from your lifts and the fact that you did not drink. Drinking is extremely detrimental for the lifter if done on a regular, heavy basis.

Appreciate that shit brother. Ive definately pushed my structure way beyond its limits with very heavy weights and massive volume to failure over the last 20 years.

The only things that could have had me moving more weight is, learning optimal techniques for moving the most weight , heavy drug use with heavier eating. I have always been mostly without anabolics. Some on and off cycling but never anything crazy or consistant. Of course my main reason for training was the vent and not the results, so alot of that was secondary. Though I always strived to be as strong and large as possible, but doing it my way. It was far from optimum for results. Regardless the abuse done to my body was probably worse than someone who focuses on maxing. The sheer repetition and volume, high reps with heavy weights, etc.

The 210 lb one arm dumbbell rows popped my shoulder out of the socket a few times, it felt like, and the strain would last a long time. I would also torque my spine alot with those. So eventually I had to drop them from my routines. I had a custom dumbbell handle at that time, so I was able to get the dumbbell very heavy.

I was hitting the 150s for 33 reps I believe around that time, so I wanted to get into the lower reps and got a custom handle. Though I had the strength, that was when I was really learning that my tendons were the weak links and could not possibly keep up with the strength of the muscle. Especially when tested like that on a nearly daily basis, mercilessly.

After many assaults on my body I gradually started to use pre exhaustion more, dropsets, held reps, etc, to make the lighter weights effective. Though even those were extreme.

If I dont damage myself with super heavy weight, then I do it with massive volume with not so light weights.

I never liked alcohol. Always made me feel ill. I take 100-150 mg tramadol daily to take some edge off my mind, and helps maybe slightly with general pain.

He posted in here not too long ago and seems to still be KILLING THAT SHIT. Im bad with names but always recognize the genuine posters again when I see them come back. I also havent posted here in about 6 months so not everything is fresh in my mind.

My shoulders have alot of inflammation now, but I will work around it, and its good to tear up the muscles again. I always get very anxious and agressive when I dont train for long periods.

With 225 on flat bench I hit 52 reps with my usual style. The 3/4 ballistic reps shown in my youtube videos. I have a video with 43 reps on there, but 52 was my best. When I hit 43 I was not benching consistantly, just throwing in some 225 rep work into my regular routines. I was 212 when I hit 225x52,275x30,315x23,340x12,365x8,405x1 in a single session. Though there may have been a few more sets on the way up. Maybe 380 for a few before the 405. Heavy pre exhaustion by this stage, and not giving a fuck about hitting one rep maxes, just repping to failure and building.

Once I got much larger and strong in the 230 plus and 242 lb range briefly, benching was hardly in my routines. Mostly overloaded hammer strength machines. Up to 580 on the incline hammer strength press, and nautilus overhead shoulder press, as shown in the videos. I just wasnt testing benching anymore. So I cant say how strong I would have been if I kept up with benching. However it was too hard on the joints at that stage to be beneficial.

That was during the super drol phase in 2010 , which made me super ill. So it came with a cost. I stayed on for 3 weeks, but then I couldnt stay awake, couldnt keep food down without vomitting, and I was getting dizzy and black out sensations. So that was my limit with that substance. Wouldnt use it again

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT yourself!!
                            Last edited by Walking Beast; December 5, 2014, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• I believe I hit another back session and another chest session since my last post. Im not updating the journal regularly yet. Maybe in a few months when Im mostly back.

Right now is more grinding shit out and testing my body. Not as exciting for the journal. I have had a flu type illness for the last 4 or 5 days right now. I am training through it regardless. Eating has been pretty consistant as well, but not flawless . Right now Im gradually increasing everything.

Back and chest work was very light due to shoulders being inflamed. Triceps was the only thing recently that I went pretty heavy on. Loading the stack up to 300 lbs for 4 reps and hitting 280 for 10 reps on curved bar pressdowns. Those arent too bad on my shoulder joints, but not great either. Though I was hitting 300 lbs for 30 or more reps and 200 lb stack for 110 reps rest pause style. Though this is more than I expected after a 6 month break of not giving a fuck about diet and not training at all.

KILL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Great too see you back!

Comment

Working...
                                X