Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
    Full legs

221 lbs after previous nights meals

Cybex leg extention (good machine was broken)

Knees inflamed as fuck and hamstrings strained, whole legs felt torn up prior.

Kept it super light . Didnt move beyond my warm up weight for this

90x500-600 reps, rest pause style

Lying Leg Curl

(very light hamstrings strained.)

no rest til line

95x15
    150x5

long holds for these
    -----------------

same

165x5
    135x5
    ---------------

Same

150x5
    135x5
    --------------

Leg Press (Depth was good today, Once I moved my feet up higher on the plate, had feet lower at first and this caused alot of strain on joints)

400x80 (legs were lower than usual , alot of joint pain)
    500x60
    600x60 (may have corrected foot position by this point on)
    700x50
    800x45
    1000x30

6 sets of High rep calves dropsetted, rotary calve

9 sets of adductor work dropsetted (done in 3 set no rest increments. Similiar with calves)

9 sets of abductor work dropsetted (same method)

Not bad today considering I almost didnt train legs, with all the strain in my legs.

Long holds with the adductor and abductor work as well, focused on maximising burning pain for growth.

KILL SHIT
    That is absolutely a stupid workout! Let me ask you something..... After such a voluminous leg workout, is your hunger amplified? Do you feel that you have to eat more to enhance recovery and growth?

Do you have stomach distress with milk? I tried Lactaid and it was pretty gentle with my stomach. I am recovering from stomach cancer. Doctor's told me not to train, but that was 9 years ago. I went against their advice and I'm sure I am alive today because I have trained with weights despite their poor recommendations.

I see you eat a lot of shrimp. I eat a lot of canned tuna, but I find it hard to digest. With all your issues, is shrimp an easier protein source rather than chicken, beef, and tuna in regards to digestion and stomach pain) IE: the runs, bloat, gas, constipation).

Try not to kill anybody...

Comment

• Originally posted by moreps View Post
      That is absolutely a stupid workout! Let me ask you something..... After such a voluminous leg workout, is your hunger amplified? Do you feel that you have to eat more to enhance recovery and growth?

Do you have stomach distress with milk? I tried Lactaid and it was pretty gentle with my stomach. I am recovering from stomach cancer. Doctor's told me not to train, but that was 9 years ago. I went against their advice and I'm sure I am alive today because I have trained with weights despite their poor recommendations.

I see you eat a lot of shrimp. I eat a lot of canned tuna, but I find it hard to digest. With all your issues, is shrimp an easier protein source rather than chicken, beef, and tuna in regards to digestion and stomach pain) IE: the runs, bloat, gas, constipation).

Try not to kill anybody...

Appreciate that shit

The volume wasnt too crazy today but atleast I was able to get in some quality work on the leg press. The extentions were very painful with all the joint issues and hamstring strains. Leg curls were definately restricted because of that as well.

Once my feet were up high on the leg press plate it wasnt too bad on joints.

No, I am not hungry at all. I just got back. I would like to not eat anything and then sleep now, but I just mixed 4 large cans of tuna (240 protein), which Ill divide up into meals for today and tommorrow, plus a bag of shrimp and whatever else I come up with. I have no appetite right now whatsoever at all. So its basically force feeding most of the time. Though I really felt my muscles absorb and swell up with extra size the first week I started training again and pumping blood into the appendages. Everything was becoming fuller again and filling out quickly. Due to feeding the damage with alot of food. Thats helping me grow the lost size back very quickly.

I feel that I always need to eat heavily to fuel that growth, ESPECIALLY on my off days. Thats why I like to take 3 days off each week. Those are the days that I really grow. I know this because its either many hours after my last workout and sleep that I will hit a new growth on the tape, if its time for it to happen. Or its during the rest days when I am just binging on food. Once you tear the shit up, if its sufficient abuse, those off days should be when you really grow, in my experience. Thats the time to really take advantage of the extra time to eat more. Right now I know what I have to do in order to regain my lost size. So I dont really need to over eat right now. I still need to force feed because I hate to eat anything. I can easily not eat for the day at all. Maybe have one small snack. Which is what I did when I was out for 6 months for the most part. Didnt lose that much weight and size considering.

For now I will eat just enough to get my old size back and then see how much more food I have to add to make new progress. At this point Ive gone up and down in size so many times (down to 157 during my 2 year lay off, then back up again to 242 over the course of maybe 5 or 6 years) that its nothing new for me. I dont get that light as easily anymore so now its alot easier then even back then. When you over eat you insure that youre getting enough nutrients, but you do it at the cost of wasting food as well. A certain amount of the food will be used to build muscle, burned for energy, the rest and shit and pissed out. So right now Im trying to eat the maximum that my body will really utlilise. If you have a fast metabolism than its best to just eat as much as you can possibly consume for size gain, but I have a slow metabolism now and I know what I need to do, so no need for too much excess at this stage.

Regular milk I cant drink at all. Lactaid I have zero stomach distress. I can drink as much as I want, it just fills my bladder and makes me piss alot, but not a big effect on food capacity. Its never a good idea not to train, health wise anyway. Inactivity is the real killer. Of course not to the extreme like what I do but exercise in itself is much better than being inactive. Shit will just stiffen and rot away. I was told Id never lift again as well with my spinal damage, I wasnt there for anyones opinion however, but had to wade through alot of bullshit to see what was going on. Of course I just took care of it myself, it just took time for the disc to reabsorb into my body and take some pressure out of the shoulder blade area, then I did very heavy core work to make the abdominals take most the stress from training. Keep them contracted during most of my movements now as a habit.

Shrimp is by far the easiest meat for me to digest. Oysters would work too. Though ive only eaten raw ones at the asian buffets. Id get a few plates of raw oysters to finish off my heavier eating. They were so light I could really binge on them even when I was completely full from the other food. I dont like the price of it but I hate to eat , so I just try to make shit easier on myself in that regard. Since I got to live this shit every fucking day, it gets old, so I try to use foods that arent a complete bitch to shove down. Tuna does give me more issues but its managable enough for me. Eggs do as well but I can eat them without any big problems. The only food that really fucks me up is milk. Lactaid version Im fine. Just about anything else I can eat without too much issue. I will have alot of gas and bloating always anyway. I always do. Some foods are worse than others but Ill cut something out when it runs through me. I find it worthless then. Thats why I dont drink egg whites anymore. That shit never agreed with me. I cook them and its fine.

I may have to switch to tuna more as a main staple cuz the shrimp is now 7 dollars a bag, and thats only 78 protein.

I found some old creatine in my house and the liquid aminos. So I will add them back in. The creatine I will take on training days and maybe on some off days. Depends how much acid I have. Id much rather eat more food then take the creatine. So if it interferes I wont.

KILLLLLL THAT SHIT !!
      Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Thanks for the response. Detailed. Thank you. I am eating 10 whole eggs a day and amazingly no GI distress. I am going to diss tuna and replace with shrimp. How do you cook your shrimp? I am also going to give a quart of Lactaid milk go for the short term. Have you ever tried heavy cream? No lactose, and whenever I included into my eggs or protein shakes, I ALWAYS made strength gains and bodyweight gains. Heavy cream also contains ZERO lactose. Very GI friendly.

Comment

• Originally posted by moreps View Post
          Thanks for the response. Detailed. Thank you. I am eating 10 whole eggs a day and amazingly no GI distress. I am going to diss tuna and replace with shrimp. How do you cook your shrimp? I am also going to give a quart of Lactaid milk go for the short term. Have you ever tried heavy cream? No lactose, and whenever I included into my eggs or protein shakes, I ALWAYS made strength gains and bodyweight gains. Heavy cream also contains ZERO lactose. Very GI friendly.

Hate to cook anything, so I usually dont. I get the pre cooked shrimp. Just have to remove the tails but deshelled as well. Didnt know heavy cream didnt have lactose. Where do you get it? Or do you mix it yourself? May be useful for extra calories or protein. Eggs are great if they dont fuck with you. Very cheap if you get them with shells. I dont eat them often so I get the egg whites already in liquid form. I dont like to eat any food often anymore. Shrimp I do because its so easy to get down, but everything else is improvised. Of course I buy plenty of protein sources and cheap carbs so that I always have options.
          I will sometimes eat the shit I dont like, which is freezer burned because it may be very old, just to get it down and make freezer room, but otherwise I like to mix it up.

I get the shrimp in 12 oz bags at walmart. 7 dollars a bag. Deshelled , cooked, with tail.

For example, right now I have alot of sources of protein in my house. Milk, sunflower seeds, hamburger patties, shrimp, tuna, salmon, string cheese, liquid amino acids, liquid egg whites, canned salmon, canned chicken, canned chili are the things that come to mind.

For carbs I got to a store called Deals. I get the dollar items. Alot of microwave foods and things that cook in 5 minutes in the oven. Breaded mozarella sticks, tv dinners, hash browns, soft pretzels, meat pockets, shit like that. I fill my freezer with the carb and calorie heavy shit as well. I use those things to fill in my calories and carbs along with the milk.

I get the instant rice as well which I use with one meal usually. Not always. I improvise daily. I find the more easy options I have, especially non cook, the less likely I am to make excuses on a shitty day where Im out of it, which is most of the time. So I try to surround myself with the easiest foods possible to make it managable. When Im low on supplies then I just eat what I have but most of the time I try to have alot of options available. Especially non cook shit.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!
          Last edited by Walking Beast; December 28, 2014, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
            Appreciate that shit

The volume wasnt too crazy today but atleast I was able to get in some quality work on the leg press. The extentions were very painful with all the joint issues and hamstring strains. Leg curls were definately restricted because of that as well.

Once my feet were up high on the leg press plate it wasnt too bad on joints.

No, I am not hungry at all. I just got back. I would like to not eat anything and then sleep now, but I just mixed 4 large cans of tuna (240 protein), which Ill divide up into meals for today and tommorrow, plus a bag of shrimp and whatever else I come up with. I have no appetite right now whatsoever at all. So its basically force feeding most of the time. Though I really felt my muscles absorb and swell up with extra size the first week I started training again and pumping blood into the appendages. Everything was becoming fuller again and filling out quickly. Due to feeding the damage with alot of food. Thats helping me grow the lost size back very quickly.

I feel that I always need to eat heavily to fuel that growth, ESPECIALLY on my off days. Thats why I like to take 3 days off each week. Those are the days that I really grow. I know this because its either many hours after my last workout and sleep that I will hit a new growth on the tape, if its time for it to happen. Or its during the rest days when I am just binging on food. Once you tear the shit up, if its sufficient abuse, those off days should be when you really grow, in my experience. Thats the time to really take advantage of the extra time to eat more. Right now I know what I have to do in order to regain my lost size. So I dont really need to over eat right now. I still need to force feed because I hate to eat anything. I can easily not eat for the day at all. Maybe have one small snack. Which is what I did when I was out for 6 months for the most part. Didnt lose that much weight and size considering.

For now I will eat just enough to get my old size back and then see how much more food I have to add to make new progress. At this point Ive gone up and down in size so many times (down to 157 during my 2 year lay off, then back up again to 242 over the course of maybe 5 or 6 years) that its nothing new for me. I dont get that light as easily anymore so now its alot easier then even back then. When you over eat you insure that youre getting enough nutrients, but you do it at the cost of wasting food as well. A certain amount of the food will be used to build muscle, burned for energy, the rest and shit and pissed out. So right now Im trying to eat the maximum that my body will really utlilise. If you have a fast metabolism than its best to just eat as much as you can possibly consume for size gain, but I have a slow metabolism now and I know what I need to do, so no need for too much excess at this stage.

Regular milk I cant drink at all. Lactaid I have zero stomach distress. I can drink as much as I want, it just fills my bladder and makes me piss alot, but not a big effect on food capacity. Its never a good idea not to train, health wise anyway. Inactivity is the real killer. Of course not to the extreme like what I do but exercise in itself is much better than being inactive. Shit will just stiffen and rot away. I was told Id never lift again as well with my spinal damage, I wasnt there for anyones opinion however, but had to wade through alot of bullshit to see what was going on. Of course I just took care of it myself, it just took time for the disc to reabsorb into my body and take some pressure out of the shoulder blade area, then I did very heavy core work to make the abdominals take most the stress from training. Keep them contracted during most of my movements now as a habit.

Shrimp is by far the easiest meat for me to digest. Oysters would work too. Though ive only eaten raw ones at the asian buffets. Id get a few plates of raw oysters to finish off my heavier eating. They were so light I could really binge on them even when I was completely full from the other food. I dont like the price of it but I hate to eat , so I just try to make shit easier on myself in that regard. Since I got to live this shit every fucking day, it gets old, so I try to use foods that arent a complete bitch to shove down. Tuna does give me more issues but its managable enough for me. Eggs do as well but I can eat them without any big problems. The only food that really fucks me up is milk. Lactaid version Im fine. Just about anything else I can eat without too much issue. I will have alot of gas and bloating always anyway. I always do. Some foods are worse than others but Ill cut something out when it runs through me. I find it worthless then. Thats why I dont drink egg whites anymore. That shit never agreed with me. I cook them and its fine.

I may have to switch to tuna more as a main staple cuz the shrimp is now 7 dollars a bag, and thats only 78 protein.

I found some old creatine in my house and the liquid aminos. So I will add them back in. The creatine I will take on training days and maybe on some off days. Depends how much acid I have. Id much rather eat more food then take the creatine. So if it interferes I wont.

KILLLLLL THAT SHIT !!
            Get those jars of marinated oysters and also marinated mussels at Wal-Mart... Ton of protein in them, cheap, and easy to eat as well. I usually get them for about 1.50 a jar and they have about 25 gms of protein per jar and they go down with ease. The marinated version might mess with the acid in your throat though, so get the steamed kind that are in the tin cans. Also, I know you like shrimp... What about those frozen bag of bay scallops?? I eat those all the time because I have a slight allergy to shrimp. 1 bag yields approx. 100 gms of protein and is around 6.00 or so.. That and some white rice and a little soy sauce or thai sauce and you're good to go.
            Training Log

Comment

• Originally posted by CMC191 View Post
              Get those jars of marinated oysters and also marinated mussels at Wal-Mart... Ton of protein in them, cheap, and easy to eat as well. I usually get them for about 1.50 a jar and they have about 25 gms of protein per jar and they go down with ease. The marinated version might mess with the acid in your throat though, so get the steamed kind that are in the tin cans. Also, I know you like shrimp... What about those frozen bag of bay scallops?? I eat those all the time because I have a slight allergy to shrimp. 1 bag yields approx. 100 gms of protein and is around 6.00 or so.. That and some white rice and a little soy sauce or thai sauce and you're good to go.

Nice. I could use some variety, Im just fuckin stubborn. Are those oysters in the tuna section? Pre cooked Im guessing? Ill check out the mussels too. Ill pick those up if I can find them there. Are the scallops pre cooked as well? Nice. Thats a dollar cheaper and an extra 22 grams. Not bad. Ill pick all those up next time if I can find them. Ive tried scallops before and they are easy to get down too. I can always use those suggestions so post them anytime. I get stuck in my fuckin ruts for years. Im sick of the same shit though. One day Ill teach myself how to cook and flavor shit properly. I just put some lemon juice on the shrimp and thats it. Get restless as fuck if I have to spend too much time in the kitchen.

Thai food is my favorite, so I will have to get into making some thai curries, which I used to eat. Never tried those jarred pickled pig feet either. So theres a few things to experiment with there. I feel like ive eaten everything in that store hundreds of times.

KILLLLL THAT SHIT !!

Comment

• Yea they the mussels and oysters are both in the tuna section. And they are pre-cooked. Smoked mostly. The scallops need to be cooked. I just throw them in skillet on low heat and put the lid on them... Stir every few minutes... Soy sauce and lemon juice
                Training Log

Comment

• A lot of the times winn dixie will have buy one get one free on those bags of scallops too.. just a heads up
                  Training Log

Comment

• Beast, the heavy cream is in the dairy section and should be next to the half and half. Usually in a half pint carton. Great way to increase calories and saturated fats increase anabolism. Along with olive oil. Add all this to your protein shakes with the lactaid mild and peanut butter, and you are looking at some serious gains. I just purchased a two pound bag of frozen, cooked, deveined shrimp. How do you recommend eating this? Heated? Room temp? Thanks man!!

Comment

• I drank heavy whipping cream all the time while on the anabolic diet... Makes your protein shakes delicious
                      Training Log

Comment

• Appreciate that shit CM and MO

What I do with the cooked shrimp is put two bags in my refridgerator ahead of time. They take a while to thaw out, but in the fridge they will take a few days to thaw, if you dont get to em right away. Once thawed out you probably dont want to wait more than 3 or 4 days to eat them, though Im sure I have, they will start to taste a little rank. Its not ideal and eventually would probably make you ill.

The day that I want to eat the shrimp, I put the frozen or partially frozen shrimp (depending how long its been thawing in the fridge) on the counter. I let it sit out there for maybe an hour or a few til it feels soft and not icey. If you leave it out too long it will go bad so check up on it every hour or so. Maybe every 30 mins it less risky.

Once its thawed, if Im not in the mood to remove the tails right away, Ill put the thawed bag back in the fridge. Then take it out when Im ready to eat it. Two pounds is alot for one meal, as I get the 12 oz bags and eat those for my meals. I wouldnt mind eating over a pound for a meal but 7 dollars a day is beyond my price threshold. You may wanna divide that up into two meals, or more depending.

Once I take the thawed shrimp out , I cut the top of the bag off, I then fill the bag with sink water. Then I hold the opening of the bag closed and squeeze the bag so that all the water shoots out of the bag. To rinse it. If not its very fishy, probably has some other bad shit in it too. Comes from thailand or some shit I think. Then I pour the shrimp into a bowl. I use two bowls. I squeeze the tail so that the meat pops out. I throw the tails into the other bowl. Once its all seperated I put some lemon juice on it and just eat it.

If its not deshelled youd have to remove the shells as well, so I always get the deshelled ones as well. You should only have to take off the tails.

I will pick some of that whipping cream up. I probably avoided it assuming it was dairy. I dont use shakes hardly ever anymore, not unless its one of those RTDs, but its rare.

I can drink the cream straight up though if it doesnt cause an issue.

Good to know about the mussels. I will look for those next time. Maybe thats why I never picked up the scallops cuz I hate to cook. I do have a skillet but not one with a lid. Can I just stir fry them you think? I assume boiling or baking would work but rarely cook meat. Its usually microwave or foreman grill for me.

Thanks again

KILL THAT SHIT !!
                        Last edited by Walking Beast; December 30, 2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

• Also, this is pretty basic, but I always strive for making foods as quick to eat as possible. Since I hate eating. Taking the tails off allows me to shove as much meat into my mouth per forkful as possible. Whenever I eat , I try to shove as much food that fits into my mouth and chew that up, repeat. Taking small bites or many smaller forkfuls takes much longer with big meals. When I eat hamburger patties for example, I put a shitload of barbecue sauce on them, then stick a fork through 4 or 5 patties making a stack of meat. Then when i bite into that stack Im biting through all 5 patties. Its much quicker. Since I take full bites the shit goes down fast.

EAT THAT SHIT

Comment

• Back in a few minutes. Maybe 80 or 90 lbs dual dumbbell rows (one dumbbell each hand) on the incline bench for strict reps, some holds and deep stretch.

Possibly 100s or higher but have to see how the joints feel. May not even do the movement if too much joint strain

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Back and delts , 5 mins cardio

Good rehabilitation session today. Lats are starting to feel swollen again and filling back out. As a result back strength is coming up fast.

Shoulder joints have been feeling progressively better since I dropped the pantaprozole med and have been gradually adding more weight to my lifts. I was glad that they never had too much pain today, even with the 125s on the rows. Though that was starting to cause some pain, so I kept it at 1 set. Managed to keep myself pretty restrained today and most sets were long holds, very strict, slow.

The pain never got as bad as the last few weeks though so that is a huge improvement, considering I am also getting my strength back and training heavier.

Nothing too heavy today except for the 125s, which I was hitting for 36 or so reps, but getting them today without pain was a good thing today.

Its one of the movements I feel the most now for back.

Traps are starting to come back up as well

Eating was shitty on my 2 days off. I let it slide but will make up for it.

(219 lbs after meal)

Dual Dumbbell Rows on Incline Bench (dumbbell in each hand)

50s x25 (holds at top)
                              90x15 (more long holds)
                              125x8 (regular reps today just to see how shoulder would react. A little pain in left shoulder but minor)

Dumbbell Laterals

45x25

No rest til line

40x30
                              50x10
                              ---------------

DB rows on incline bench again

90s x10 holds (went back down in weight to rest joints)
                              90x22-23 (regular reps)

DB laterals

No rest til line

55x25
                              50x10
                              45x10
                              ------

Not heavy on these today either, since they fuck with joints somewhat

Lat Pullover Hammerstrength (plate loaded)

140x25 holds
                              180x20-25 holds
                              180x20 holds

Iso Low Row Hammer strength (plate loaded)

180x20 (long holds)

db laterals

50x10 (shortly after previous set)

Iso low rows again

180x15 (holds again)
                              180x15 (same)

Iso High Row Hammer Strength

180x15 holds
                              270x8 holds
                              270x7 holds

Free Motion Cable Row

110x15 (long holds)
                              150x5 (same)
                              130x10 (same)

Cybex Lat Pull (avoided lat pulldowns today due to the shoulder strain they cause)

190x15 (long holds, inner palms facing grip on all of these)
                              250x8 (same)
                              250x?? (same)

Standing Cable Pullovers

65 kilograms x12

No rest til line

95 kilograms x5
                              65 kilograms x5
                              ----------------

Db laterals

no rest til line

60x15
                              50x10
                              45x10
                              -----------

no rest til line

55x15
                              45x10
                              ---------

5 mins cardio

KILL SHIT

Comment

• One helluva workout, Beast! I always wanted to ask you..... What is your mind set like after a great workout? Do you feel a rush? A "high" like Arnold used to experience? Angrier? Mored sedated and humbled? Tired and less hostile towards people?

I bought some frozen cod fish for $4.99 for 4 - 4 ounce fillets. I was surprised with how easily the entire 16 ounces went down. Baked. Too easy. And 78 grams of protein and EFA's. Can't beat it. I'm going to give the shrimp a try tomorrow, but I have to be honest, the cod fish was very light and it felt like I didn't even eat anything. Just put some honey mustard on the fillets, and I was very surprised.

Looking forward to your next workout and any vids you can post!!

Comment

Working...
                                X