Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CMC191 View Post
    A few things I picked up at Wal-Mart. 1 lb of Beef Liver was $2.38, goes down easy as hell. Also, picked up 2 lbs of turkey medallions for $7.59. Also, easy as hell to eat (soft)

Nice. What section? Ill check those out

KILL THAT SHIT
    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• The floor freezer I believe for the beef liver. And the turkey medallions are between the pork and beef section I believe. At least that's how my Wal-Mart is set up. I ate a lb the other morning with some grits. Cheap and Good. I think it came out to 88 gms of protein for $2.50 lol
      Training Log

Comment

The floor freezer I believe for the beef liver. And the turkey medallions are between the pork and beef section I believe. At least that's how my Wal-Mart is set up. I ate a lb the other morning with some grits. Cheap and Good. I think it came out to 88 gms of protein for $2.50 lol

Nice. Sounds like its on my menu then

KILLLLL THAT SHIT !!

Comment

• Chest and a few sets of delts

Super quick session today with my uncle. Havent trained with him in a long time. He was hitting legs so I just tried out his gym, The Zoo. Moved fast as a result of him never spending alot of time in the gym these days. His training style is very quick moving and I went in his truck.

There was very little rest between sets overall and only got in 3 sets or so, of delts. My neck was still slightly pulled out and compressed so it was better to have a quicker lighter day anyway today.

I hit delts twice a week anyway, once with chest once with back, so not a big deal. My chest actually got very sore the next day (today). New machines tend to do that. These plate loaded machines (which I did not check the brand) were much stricter and harder then the hammer strength machines I use for incline and chest pressing normally.

The incline machine for example is a very steep incline (only slightly inclined) but the plates load directly ontop of the handles pretty much. So there is not much leverage, and the machine doesnt take away the weight as much. Also they start off in a VERY bottomed out position. To the point I had to put 5 lb plates under the flat bench machine in order to get under it. Even then the stretch was very deep.

Incline I couldve probably used a 5lb plate to raise the handles a little but didnt. Super deep stretch on both. This is really forcing my chest to stretch above and beyond what I normally do with constant tension pressing. Though even when I lower all the way down on the incline hammer strength, My seat is set very low. So there is never a full bottoming out type of stretch at all. I do this to take pressure off my joints and also because I enjoy the overload of heavier weights that can be used.

My delts have always soaked up the most growth, rather than my chest when doing chest pressing. With this deeper stretch I really felt it more in my chest then usual.

So aslong as my joints can handle it Im thinking of now incorporating that into my routine. Maybe I will do both styles. Seat set up high to get that deeper stretch and then lower for heavier weights. I could actually just set my seat higher to begin with and make it much harder with the deeper stretch and not even need as much weight to begin with.

Since really I want to focus more on building at this stage. So next time to replicate what I did in this gym I may set the seat higher on the incline hammer.
          Also the smith machine here felt much heavier. If I used this gym regularly then I would adjust quickly but it will likely be a rarity if I make it back there again.

Lying Down On Back , Plate Loaded chest press (similiar to hammer strength version but Zoo version. 5 lb plate used for a
          little elevation)

90x60 warm

No rest til line

180x22-27
          180x10 (Incline plate loaded machine)
          -----------------------

no rest til line

270x10 (flat again)
          230x3 (incline again)
          ----------------------

Db laterals

45x30

320x4 (flat machine again, alternated sides for some of the reps)

incline plate loaded machine

270x5

Flat machine again

270x10

Incline Machine again

no rest til line

270x4
          180x10
          ---------------
          180x8

Db laterals

50x30

Incline Smith Machine (constant tension style, heavier smith machine then the one at my other gym)

135x20 warm
          225x12
          225x8

Seated Machine Fly

210x10 (long holds)
          240x5 (long holds, stack)

Db laterals

50x20

Incline dumbbell Press

80x26

Very quick session but got a MUCH deeper stretch than usual due to the way these machines are, and I will try to simulate that and incorporate it when my joints allow on the hammer strength incline and other press variations. Id like to mix these deep stretch style sets with my usual style where the seat is lower. Maybe finish off with this deeper style. And sometimes maybe do only deeper style reps so I dont need as much weight.

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Back and a few sets of delts (Only 1 hour 30 mins to 1 hour 45 mins to train. Gym closed earlier than expected)

Quick pump session mainly. Light.

Eating is still way off. Capsule in throat has settled down enough to where swallowing is not really painful anymore. Acid is always bad though so working around that has KILLED appetite as usual, but has been worse than usual lately, is why I did the tests. In a week Ill see if there is any solutions offered but as usual I expect nothing.

Always try to be tactical in adapting and look at all my options. The more the better. Always find a way though. As I mentioned I still am not busting my ass with eating and I am still doing shit my way in a more lax way. Not giving a fuck. Just having some fun and growing for now. When I feel like it, Ill force it and amp shit up (diet mainly) and do what needs to be done for further growth. Im playing by my fucking rules for now on though. Otherwise shit ends up ruling you.

224 lbs after meal

No rest til line

Iso low row hammer strength

90x70
            180x20
            270x10
            45x20 db laterals
            -----------------

no rest til line

270x10 iso high row
            270x10 iso low row (both plate loaded hammer strength)
            ---------

Db laterals

45x20

No rest til line

270x12 iso high row
            270x8 iso low row
            ----------------

No rest til line

360x6 iso high row
            270x8 iso low row
            --------------

No rest til line

360x5 iso high row
            270x10 iso low row
            -------------------

No rest til line

270x8 iso high row (holds)
            270x8 iso low row
            180x10 iso low row (holds)
            ---------------------

Hammer Strength Pullover (plate loaded)

180x20 holds
            230x12 holds, starting to fuck with compressed neck from last week, switched over

Db laterals

no rest til line

60x20
            50x15
            45x10
            ---------------

Cybex Lat Pull (pin loaded)

190x15 (long holds)

no rest til line

250x12 (long holds)
            180x10 (long holds)
            ---------------

No rest til line

Long holds

305x5
            265x5
            205x5
            165x10
            ------------

Db laterals

45x30

Gym closed 2 hours earlier then expected but was good enough. I wasnt looking to tear my joints up too bad after last weeks strains. Just growth/pump shit

Still returning from the massive 8-10 month break from training but in my second month back. So strength is maybe only at 85 percent or so. Pressing strength atleast. Hard to say with back strength as I was not testing heavy low reps with back in a very long time. Though generally all strength comes back at a fairly equal rate as everything grows back to where it was and adapts. Chest and back measurement is now back to its highest ever (from when I was 242, and Im nearly 20 lbs lighter now) at 54 inches around (54 1/4 was highest.) . Im assuming its not at the same quality it was with consistant training, but it shouldnt take long to break into new numbers with that size as well.

KILL SHIT
            Last edited by Walking Beast; April 4, 2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Just hit 18 3/4 inches on largest arm cold (right arm). Chest at 54 inches cold. Legs in 27 range (havent trained em for many months).

This is good because i have really only been eating about 75 percent of what i normally would be when busting my ass. Sometimes way less. So right now i am gaining back most of my old size very easily.

Im sure it will get harder as i get closer and closer to where i was (19 1/2 inch cold arm), but chest is already right around its largest when i weighed 242 (54 1/4).

Size wise im not too far off. Shows that 200 grams of protein is not really needed to gain back old size or even keep it. Niether massive calories with my much slower metabolism.

Im growing on 120-150 protein most days the last few weeks, sometimes less

calories maybe 2500-3500, havent kept track.

Just a few months ago, after massive break, I had 16 or 16 1/4 inch arms and weighed 200-205. Now around 225 or slightly above. Gut and navel size is about the same. LARGE but it shows the gains have been old muscle returning atleast.

I had it in my brain that I was getting smaller since I have it programmed that I must hit certain numbers of food intake or shrink or not grow. Dont fall into that bullshit line of thought. No one has proven anything about protein requirements. Just eat and keep the scale moving is my advice. If the scale doesnt move then you need more. Just one of the many things ive learned after 20 years of this shit. Keeps shit simple.

Kill shit
              Last edited by Walking Beast; April 5, 2015, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Eating yesterday was ok, calorie, protein wise

french toast sticks (8)bowl of cereal for first meal (2 slices cheese)(40)7 slices cheese for second meal,(82)(21 oz milk)
                (103)(WEIGHT AT 226 CLOTHED AT THIS POINT IN DAY, AFTER CREATINE DURING HOME TRAINING) 1 and half scoops whey protein shake (bodytec) for third meal, (139)1 and half scoops whey protein shake (bodytec) for fourth meal, (175)(6 tablespoons aminos
                and string cheese)(211)

Just a bunch of left over type shit. I have alot of fish but have to be in the fuckin mood to make it. As I said, much more lax lately with my diet.

Regardless I hit 228 last night and woke up today at 225 before meals.

I have some creatine which Ill try to get in daily as well. I have a pound of L arginine coming in as well and PRO BCAA powder and Six Stars Preworkout Explosion.

So Ill use those supps. My uncle loves to take 6 grams of the L arginine daily. So he got me fired up to throw it into the routine. I have no planned dose, Ill see how I tolerate it.

Once those come in that will be about it for my supplement regimen. Much more then I normally take. Normally I just take a pre workout powder and thats it. Training days only. (4 days a week usually at most).

Im on the test replacement as well so thats a definite factor. Plus all the muscle memory. Shits easy so far , getting back.

Also I did about 19 sets of arms with my 25 lb dumbbells (its all I have here). Very little rest just pure pump and burn shit. Its so light that I experienced zero soreness the next day, but the holidays cut out one of my training days.

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Chest and delts

Deep reps today , but despite the extra depth and difficulty of the added range of motion, I was still stronger than I was 2 weeks ago with less range. As a result the sets with less range were also alot stronger.

Neck is still compressed. Meaning, when I just pull out my neck to the point where I have to turn my entire body to rotate my head, it takes 3-4 days to be decent enough to train around again. With the compression its more like a pain in the disc and spine itself that radiates stiffness throughout, for weeks. Regardless it didnt prevent anything today. Shoulder joints are starting to flare up a little again, which is understandable with the 500 lb sets and heavier weights being used again.

I did incorporate the deeper reps for more size building, deeper contraction, but even with maximum range (as much as I can get without fucking up my joints) the weight is still 450 lbs and on the rise for a working set. Its just the nature of the beast. With the lower seat sets the weight and reps is increased but not really by that much. 450x4 with fuller range, 450x7 with the usual range. So its not a big effect for me. I will also adapt to it and get stronger within that range as well.

Strength is on the rise fast now as well as size. I hit 500 lbs for the first time in a while, since ive been back, and its only 8 reps from best, and the 450 set is about 10 reps from best. Thats not alot for me the way I regain old strength and size. Its multiple rep gains weekly when coming back. I hit 450x3 only 2 weeks ago, I hit it for 7 this week after doing a strict set and some pre exhaustion prior. I could probably have hit 10 reps if I did it fresher. So thats a minimum of a 4 rep increase in 2 weeks. It slows down as I hit peak strength again but it shouldnt be too much longer. Maybe another month or two at most I think.

Last week I went much lighter for chest and did all deep reps with completely different equipment at another gym. But regardless got stronger this week.

I want to last longer this time so I may shift my focus into more bodybuilding deeper reps and less rest, etc. I usually wait until Im fucked up and then change shit , then finish myself off and take myself out for a long time. Repeat. If I can avoid that cycle then I can last longer and be more consistant and reach my largest size and strength, since metabolism is slow now, but when I train its all about that exorcism before the result.

I have some more supplements coming in as mentioned. L arginine, amino acid powder and another pre workout. Ive been trying to take the creatine when I can even on off days, but cant get it down every day due to acid.

I havent even started training legs yet. So to be only 14 lbs lighter then I was (242) after 2 months back is not bad, without even hitting legs yet. May introduce it soon. Legs were fucked up.

Eating is still 50 percent to 75 percent of what I normally would eat to grow. Ive been very lax with my diet now as mentioned. When needed I will increase it again but for now its working fine.

226 lbs after some waffles and milk throughout the night

Hammer Strength Incline Press

Full range to just short of lockout, some locked out, deep reps, Seat set to 15th indentation. This is as deep as I can go without pulling my joints out of socket

90x60 warm up
                  180x40
                  270x15
                  320x12
                  410x7 (see video)
                  450x4 (See video. this is half a rep stronger then 2 weeks ago with less range of motion)

Back to the usual Low seat setting I normally use

450x7 (see video. About 4 reps better than 2 weeks ago at this range)
                  500x2 (see video. First time fucking with this weight since ive been back from the massive break)

No rest til line

see video

450x5
                  360x12
                  270x11
                  180x10-20 (dont feel like reviewing this set in the video)
                  90x20
                  ----------------

DB incline press

90x16
                  80x21

Incline Smith Machine Press

Full range today, all the way down touching chest, just short of lockout, some locked out

135x25 warm
                  225x15
                  275x8 (Constant tension style for this set. Down to about chin level then back up. Wasnt confident in my shoulder joints and neck this set)
                  225x8 (Full range again and slow reps)

Hammer Strength Wide Chest press

90x15 warm
                  180x12 (holds)

No rest til line

Holds

270x8
                  180x6
                  90x65 (rest pause this set)
                  -----------------

Hammer Strength MTS Pin Loaded Shoulder Press

No rest til line

Stack x 12-15
                  ???x6
                  ???x5
                  ???x4
                  ???6
                  --------

Down the stack basically, didnt take the time to read the numbers today

Seated Machine Fly

Long holds

no rest til line

230x10
                  165x6
                  ------

Fatigued quick today

No rest til line

310x5
                  235x5
                  190x5
                  -------------------

Db laterals

45x25

no rest til line

55x20
                  50x10
                  45x10
                  ----------

No rest til line

65x15
                  55x10
                  45x10
                  ------------------

No rest til line

70x10
                  60x10
                  55x10
                  50x10
                  45x10
                  -----------------

KILL SHIT

videos below
                  Last edited by Walking Beast; April 7, 2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558

Comment

Comment

Comment

• More uploading

Comment

Comment

• Good stuff man. I read taking 6 to 10 gms of l-arginine before bed was a good dose. I may try it out and see. My only supplements i'm taking at the moment are TN Hydrolyzed Whey, Pro source Hyde pre-workout, and ZMA
                              Training Log

Comment

Good stuff man. I read taking 6 to 10 gms of l-arginine before bed was a good dose. I may try it out and see. My only supplements i'm taking at the moment are TN Hydrolyzed Whey, Pro source Hyde pre-workout, and ZMA
                                Appreciate that shit brother

Heres the last one that uploaded while I was passed out

Hyde was a pretty good pre workout. None of them really work for me anymore as Im pretty immune to stimulants but I switch it up sometimes to try to get some more effect from them.

Sounds good. I want to try taking L arginine throughout the day

KILL SHIT

Comment

Working...
                                X