Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • YOU ARE A BEAST!
    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medication.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
      Appreciate that shit!!

      My legs have built up alot of endurance over the years. The 600x80 was probably a pretty long set. I feel real light headed after the sets. Not breathing much and lack of oxygen.

      Rep cadence? What does that mean exactly? I basically just do the reps fast and explosive

      KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
      When I typed rep cadence, I was trying to refer to how fast up and down you're going, I would expect explosive on the pressing side (especially based on how many reps you're doing), but wasn't sure on the negative portion of the rep. People like to train differently in negative speed....some do the negative portion of the rep in half a second (or less), and others make the negative really slow (I've seen people work the negative portion of each rep in up to 6 seconds...so a set of 10 would take over 60 seconds to complete)....

      Either way, I think you answered my question. Good shit.

      Thanks!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by atklein90 View Post
        When I typed rep cadence, I was trying to refer to how fast up and down you're going, I would expect explosive on the pressing side (especially based on how many reps you're doing), but wasn't sure on the negative portion of the rep. People like to train differently in negative speed....some do the negative portion of the rep in half a second (or less), and others make the negative really slow (I've seen people work the negative portion of each rep in up to 6 seconds...so a set of 10 would take over 60 seconds to complete)....

        Either way, I think you answered my question. Good shit.

        Thanks!
        No problem.

        These are just blasted out pretty quick. No holds at the top, unless resting a moment, and negative is really quick. Also the range isnt full due to lower back. I mainly just focus on increasing the pain in my legs and going until the end basically.

        KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
        Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BIG BRI View Post


          DAMN impressive bro.

          YOU DIDNT JUST KILL THAT SHIT!!! YOU ANNIHILATED IT!!!
          Appreciate that shit!!

          Trying to give my legs some reason to grow. They are extremely stubborn, and today the next day, arent even sore. Im basically stuck with leg extentions and leg presses, leg curls because of my back. So have to make the most out of those and get as much range as I can without fucking something up in my back. The reps get really high, but if I were to try to get down to the 15 rep range, the weight would be very heavy, which kills my shins. Once I start going over 1100 lbs its alot on my bones and knees.

          They should grow though. Theyve gone up alot in the last year, with all the weight gain.

          Ill check out your journal later again too. Good to see you making progress towards your goals

          KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
          Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

          Comment


          • Originally posted by heavyiron View Post
            YOU ARE A BEAST!
            Appreciate that shit!!

            Still a long way to go.

            Lookin fuckin huge yourself!!

            KEEP KILLIN IT!!
            Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
              7-15-09 Quads

              Deeper range on the leg presses today.:

              (202 lbs before meals after water)

              Leg Press:

              400x25 (warm)
              600x80 (PR)
              800x65 (Possible PR)
              900x50
              1000x35

              Leg Extentions:

              100x20 (warm)
              160x50
              260x50
              260x50
              220x50

              KILL THAT SHIT
              Holy fucking shit. You should really get those lifts on video.
              Its impossible for a guy of my stature intelligence and moral fibre to befriend a guy like orstki who is a slimey rodent like person

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kraken View Post
                Holy fucking shit. You should really get those lifts on video.
                Appreciate that shit!!

                Id like to get chest and back training on video. Back especially, is my strong point. The high rep benching is pretty unconventional too, so could be interesting.

                The range on my leg presses was alot better yesterday but still not that deep range I used to get. Going down to my rib cage basically. Though as waist gets thicker and thighs thicker the legs just stop at a point too.

                Its good to get feedback though. I was going to make vids at some point for my own refferance and for records. I figure I should fuckin get em while I can still do this type of shit. Injuries and things make it so I never know what the next day will bring, or how long Ill last. I took myself out in the past, and history easily repeats itself. However I also came back after years out, but I hope to not do that for a long time. Im not in the fuckin mood to go through all that fucking recovery and the mind fuck of losing all that size again.

                If I can find a bench press somewhere, maybe not even my gym, I will try to record it there too. One of these days I plan to get some footage.

                KILL THAT SHIT
                Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
                  Appreciate that shit!!

                  Id like to get chest and back training on video. Back especially, is my strong point. The high rep benching is pretty unconventional too, so could be interesting.

                  The range on my leg presses was alot better yesterday but still not that deep range I used to get. Going down to my rib cage basically. Though as waist gets thicker and thighs thicker the legs just stop at a point too.

                  Its good to get feedback though. I was going to make vids at some point for my own refferance and for records. I figure I should fuckin get em while I can still do this type of shit. Injuries and things make it so I never know what the next day will bring, or how long Ill last. I took myself out in the past, and history easily repeats itself. However I also came back after years out, but I hope to not do that for a long time. Im not in the fuckin mood to go through all that fucking recovery and the mind fuck of losing all that size again.

                  If I can find a bench press somewhere, maybe not even my gym, I will try to record it there too. One of these days I plan to get some footage.

                  KILL THAT SHIT
                  I wonder what the haters will do when they see you KILLIN' THAT SHIT!!!

                  I look forward to seeing the footage whenever it materializes.
                  All Posts are for Entertainment only.

                  Start a Training Journal Today!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YukonCrazy View Post
                    I wonder what the haters will do when they see you KILLIN' THAT SHIT!!!

                    I look forward to seeing the footage whenever it materializes.
                    Appreciate that shit!!

                    I have a camera. All I need is a free weight bench where I can be left the fuck alone. Dont feel like dealing with people right now at this point, and have to get someone to film it as well. I have someone, but it has to be scheduled. I can do it without a spotter if need be to atleast give a general idea, even if its not optimal.

                    KILL THAT SHIT!!
                    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
                      Appreciate that shit!!

                      I have a camera. All I need is a free weight bench where I can be left the fuck alone. Dont feel like dealing with people right now at this point, and have to get someone to film it as well. I have someone, but it has to be scheduled. I can do it without a spotter if need be to atleast give a general idea, even if its not optimal.

                      KILL THAT SHIT!!
                      I hear ya, its great to set up the camera, hit record, and walk to the bench and BANG'EM OUT!

                      Great post on BIG BRI's Training Journal regarding training!

                      Please, feel free to do such things more often, it is appreciated by all!
                      All Posts are for Entertainment only.

                      Start a Training Journal Today!

                      Comment


                      • Hello MD's resident Bad Ass! Just an FYI, those tennis balls FINALLY went in the mail today. Keep Killin' That Shit!
                        SnakeBite Racing

                        Comment


                        • Beast, it was good to see you in the pit talking some shit. Keep killing it.
                          your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
                          Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by YukonCrazy View Post
                            I hear ya, its great to set up the camera, hit record, and walk to the bench and BANG'EM OUT!

                            Great post on BIG BRI's Training Journal regarding training!

                            Please, feel free to do such things more often, it is appreciated by all!
                            I would like to do that. I missed the opportunity back in 2003 when I was deadlifting maniacally. So fucking insane it was, that I only lasted a year and a half before severely fucking myself up. That and all the other brutal training sessions ontop of it. I only have a few pictures unforunately and my deadlifting days are most likely over now. 730 lb deadlifts behind the legs would have made from some good footage at 185 lbs. Something different. My old journal is on the irontrybe forums and if you check back in the 2003 sessions you can see how my sessions were even more insane back then. Six to eight hour deadlift and back sessions and 7 hour chest sessions. Even now some of my routines are 5 hours, but you can see where I was.

                            My upper back strength is probably at its best though now and pressing strength seems to be back if not beyond where I was before. Harder to guage because my main sets now are high rep 225 and 275, and then 315 to failure. I havent messed much with 335,365, or 400 lb maxing. My shoulder would grind pretty bad now if I did some rows with my custom 210 lb dumbbell but it would make some nice footage. So maybe Id do it just to get the footage.

                            Its hard to schedule and set up everything. Now things have been insane in life, and just trying to grind out training , and eat what I can.

                            Glad to offer what I can

                            KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
                            Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by connstellation View Post
                              Hello MD's resident Bad Ass! Just an FYI, those tennis balls FINALLY went in the mail today. Keep Killin' That Shit!
                              Appreciate that shit!!

                              Thank you for those haha

                              Training is lookin good

                              KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT like always!!
                              Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                              Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by stackndeca View Post
                                Beast, it was good to see you in the pit talking some shit. Keep killing it.
                                Its a good time killer sometimes, during meals or between.

                                Fun to fuck with people a little and see them get all defensive on the internet.

                                KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT yourself!!
                                Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                                Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X