Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Dan B's Fight to do the Impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan B's Fight to do the Impossible

Thought I should start a log to get some advice and tips on my training. I'm 19, 6'4 and a little over 240 right now. Was up over 250, but decided to cut back a little.. cut some carbs because I was building up too much of a gut to be honest. I have an injury I'm training around which involves my chest and shoulder so I haven't done chest and shoulders for a couple weeks. Still going heavy and feeling good with everything else. I also have a fucked up chest from birth, that caved in shit (pectus excavatum) sucks, but I haven't let it stop me yet. Thought about surgery, but it's not a health risk.. oh well.

Best lifts- Deadlift 510 x 2, bench (Incline) 275 x 3, Squat 320 x 4. Need to bring that squat up bad! Cant bench right now.. but when shit heals I should be able to move some decent weight.

Routine- Mon- Arms Tues- Legs Wed- OFF Thurs- Back Fri- Shoulders (going to see what happens) Sat- Legs (mainly hamstrings) Sun- OFF.

Diet- I'm probably under eating even though I'm trying to cut this fat off, but my carbs are around 200 g's, protein is at 300-330 g's, and fat at about 80-90 g's. Not using any condiments with sugar, or extra salt.

Supplements- Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, Shock Therapy.

I will start with my back workout from this morning.

Lat Pulldowns
    100 x 10 WU
    130 x 10 WU
    160 x 10
    170 x 8
    180 x 8

BB Rows (Underhand grip)
    185 x 10
    225 x 8
    275 x 6 x 2

Deadlifts
    225 x 10 WU
    315 x 6
    405 x 4 x 4 (one extra rep on my last set of 4 too)
    315 x 15

Cable rows
    150 x 10
    170 x 10
    200 x 10

I cant figure out why I'm weak as hell on pulldowns. I was tired as fuck when I got to the cable rows but probably could have gone heavier.
    Last edited by danb21; April 24, 2009, 05:06 AM.

What's up Dan ?? Good to see you started a thread!!! I'm weak as fuck on pulldowns as well...as long as your hitting failure occasionally and getting stronger, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll come, they're not the easiest things to train. How's the diet coming along? I'm about to go hit an early back workout this morning as well...
    ...and get rid of that "Impossible" shit in the thread title lol!!!!

Comment

"Impossible is only a word". You can do exactly what you want to do in the gym, I guarantee it! A lot of folks on the boards are working around health problems and injuries some of them major, but what separates "us" from "them" is that we go to the gym and kill it daily to become the best we are capable of being. I'll be following along...
      SnakeBite Racing

Comment

6'4", 19, 240. Are you sure we arent twins?
        Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
          What's up Dan ?? Good to see you started a thread!!! I'm weak as fuck on pulldowns as well...as long as your hitting failure occasionally and getting stronger, I wouldn't worry about it. They'll come, they're not the easiest things to train. How's the diet coming along? I'm about to go hit an early back workout this morning as well...
          ...and get rid of that "Impossible" shit in the thread title lol!!!!
          Hey man not too much, what about yourself? I'm not worried about the weight, my lats are looking alright for now. Diet is good, keeping shit very clean. Howd the back workout go?

About the Impossible thing.... I put that because so many people say it's a pipe dream to get to be the size of a pro bber, and I know I can do it. Your taking the title the wrong way lol.

Comment

Originally posted by connstellation View Post
            "Impossible is only a word". You can do exactly what you want to do in the gym, I guarantee it! A lot of folks on the boards are working around health problems and injuries some of them major, but what separates "us" from "them" is that we go to the gym and kill it daily to become the best we are capable of being. I'll be following along...
            Thanks alot, and impossible is definitely just a word!

Comment

Originally posted by chasebny View Post
              6'4", 19, 240. Are you sure we arent twins?
              Hell I guess we could be haha.. I'm in Chicago tho.

Comment

Good work out!Dont stress the numbers they mean nothing,just focuse on form and the rest will take care of it's self
                Under Construction

Comment

I did end up getting shoulders in without any problems, just felt a little weaker then usual.

DB press
                  35 x 10 WU
                  50 x 10
                  70 x 10
                  80 x 8 + 2 RP
                  60 x 16

Laterals
                  25 x 10
                  30 x 10
                  35 x 10
                  25 x 15

Upright rows
                  75 x 10
                  80 x 10
                  95 x 10

Standing BB presses
                  135 x 10
                  145 x 10
                  135 x 10

DB shrugs
                  85 x 10
                  95 x 10
                  110 x 10
                  80 x 20

Did some calves and forearms as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Gunn View Post
                    Good work out!Dont stress the numbers they mean nothing,just focuse on form and the rest will take care of it's self
                    Thanks man, I've been focusing a lot more on my form lately and feel good even if I might be going a little lighter.

Comment

I decided to scrap the 2nd leg day this week to get an extra rest day. Probably going to train arms today instead of starting tomorrow though. Diet has still been so damn clean, I'm finally actually wanting to eat shitty food.. haha.

Comment

I know it works for you.. but man, I gotta do my deadlyfts fyrst..

Welcome to the training journal section man...

6'4 ... 19 ... what in the hell do they put in baby food?? .. and why didn't
                        I get it!!!

Peace..~G
                        Save $$$ by using discount code - GDD106 - at TrueProtein.com - Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by danb21 View Post
                          Hey man not too much, what about yourself? I'm not worried about the weight, my lats are looking alright for now. Diet is good, keeping shit very clean. Howd the back workout go?

About the Impossible thing.... I put that because so many people say it's a pipe dream to get to be the size of a pro bber, and I know I can do it. Your taking the title the wrong way lol.
                          Gotcha...the back workout went good. My upper back was tore up pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by GameDayDog View Post
                            I know it works for you.. but man, I gotta do my deadlyfts fyrst..

Welcome to the training journal section man...

6'4 ... 19 ... what in the hell do they put in baby food?? .. and why didn't
                            I get it!!!

Peace..~G
                            Hey, you know I use to do them first all the time.. thinking I would be too drained to do them after I do everything else. I noticed that even doing them last I still can push it pretty well, it's just in my mind.

Thanks man. I don't know how I got this tall lol, I guess it has advantages but for bbing it's not the greatest thing in the world. Once I fill out it should be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
                              Gotcha...the back workout went good. My upper back was tore up pretty good.
                              Good shit man, high rep deadlifts have been tearing my shit up bad!

Comment

Working...
                              X