Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

And...Here...We...Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Austin_Bicep View Post
    It works out well for me though not needing to spend too much money which is actually a lie.

I just don't know when to stop when I am drinking. When I finally realize I need to cut off, I am already zonked out of my mind. I need to curb it because at that point I do stupid things that can get me killed.
    haha, thats me and why I don't get trashed anymore...driving down single track on a 4x4 shouting allah akbar with an ak firing in the air is not exactly the safest kinda fun, but still very fun

Comment

But then again it might be the higher testosterone levels of us east coast beasts. GET ON MY LEVEL BRO
      QFT

Originally posted by Charlene View Post
      In the past I would drink way beyond what is safe.
      That's because you're IRISH

J - East Coasters are definitely more "on-edge" and non-laid back. There are quite a few causes for this but I won't get into it. It is the worst in NY/MA though IMO more so than any other east coast states.
      https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
      https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

But then again it might be the higher testosterone levels of us east coast beasts. GET ON MY LEVEL BRO
        No Im pretty sure that's not it.
        Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT03DAL View Post
          QFT

J - East Coasters are definitely more "on-edge" and non-laid back. There are quite a few causes for this but I won't get into it. It is the worst in NY/MA though IMO more so than any other east coast states.
          well I hope you explain this at some point.
          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• hmm...interesting discussion..

as a west coaster, i feel like all of the people i've met from the east are very fast talking, business like and up front about evverything..

thats not a bad thing at all, just what i've noticed.
            There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

Comment

• Holy fuck I am sore.
              Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                Holy fuck I am sore.
                Such a good feeling though, amirite?
                https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlene View Post
                  This is so true for me too. I've had to teach myself that it's ok to just have one drink. In the past I would drink way beyond what is safe.
                  Now I'm not drinking at all and so far I'm not missing it.
                  Yeah that was me this semester. Stayed focused on training and school and didn't drink. Only problem was when I went out last weekend on my spring break, I tried drinking like I used to, my tolerance was way down....

Originally posted by MURDERBEAST View Post
                  haha, thats me and why I don't get trashed anymore...driving down single track on a 4x4 shouting allah akbar with an ak firing in the air is not exactly the safest kinda fun, but still very fun
                  That's insane bro. I am talking more about, starting fights with people, impeding traffic because for some reason I feel invincible and can cross the street with cars coming and yell at people etc. Just absolute shit I regret so much.....So immature yet I still do it....I gotta keep my act together when I go away to school.

Originally posted by SVT03DAL View Post
                  QFT

That's because you're IRISH

Agreed.

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                  well I hope you explain this at some point.
                  I live in NY, go to the city often. There is just a constant vibe of "kill or be killed," "get out of my way" etc., attitude in the streets. People don't care, it's a place where if someone drops there papers in the street the large majority of people won't even look down at the person as much as just walk by. Everyone is in there own world and just looking out for themselves. Everyone also thinks they are entitled to everything. I have come down a bit off my high horse working in retail on the other end of the spectrum recieving the bull shit most people display. It's a place where to the individual thinks they are always right even when they are not.....I am glad I am a big dude because it keeps people giving me some extra courtesy, some of my colleagues have it rough, I haven't had one customer get really nasty with me, they usually take it out on one of my co-workers when upset. But that's the general New York vibe, at least here on LI and especially in the city.

Boston is very similar although when I go there, the city doesn't even feel like the city because it doesn't hustle and bustle like NY, it's crazy the difference. First time I went to Boston, which is a nice area, I expected NY City and there it just isn't the same, but definitely is the city most closely related to NY on the east. If someone not used to the city went to Boston there experience would be much different then mine though, it's big with lots of people. I haven't been to the west coast though so I don't know there attitude but even going down south the people are much different than up North. We are fast paced here, everyone down there is slow as a turtle. I am sitting around drinking cups of coffee, rushing everywhere, I walk fast, talk fast, when I want something I want it now kinda....lol, and I get very antsy when going to places like Florida, it's just different.
                  Last edited by Austin_Bicep; April 26, 2011, 04:30 PM.
                  https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

• Hell yeah. I hate being hurt.

Love being sore. My favorite is sore thighs.
                    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

I live in NY, go to the city often. There is just a constant vibe of "kill or be killed," "get out of my way" etc., attitude in the streets. People don't care, it's a place where if someone drops there papers in the street the large majority of people won't even look down at the person as much as just walk by. Everyone is in there own world and just looking out for themselves. Everyone also thinks they are entitled to everything. I have come down a bit off my high horse working in retail on the other end of the spectrum recieving the bull shit most people display. It's a place where to the individual they are always right even when they are not.....I am glad I am a big dude because it keeps people giving me some extra courtesy, some of my colleagues have it rough, I haven't had one customer get really nasty with me, they usually take it out on one of my co-workers when upset. But that's the general New York vibe, at least here on LI and especially in the city.

Boston is very similar although when I go there, the city doesn't even feel like the city because it doesn't hustle and bustle like NY, it's crazy the difference. First time I went to Boston, which is a nice area, I expected NY City and there it just isn't the same, but definitely is the city most closely related to NY on the east. If someone not used to the city went to Boston there experience would be much different then mine though, it's big with lots of people. I haven't been to the west coast though so I don't know there attitude but even going down south the people are much different than up North. We are fast paced here, everyone down there is slow as a turtle. I am sitting around drinking cups of coffee, rushing everywhere, I walk fast, talk fast, when I want something I want it now kinda....lol, and I get very antsy when going to places like Florida, it's just different.

West Coast isn't like that. Except for Seattle, (bunch of tree hugging granola eating dirt heads) everyone is friendly. If someone drops something, people help pick it up. I never get shit from people. But that might be because I'm a bigger guy. Even when I worked as a debt collector, I had people bust into my bulding all pissed (cuz I had their shit repo'd) looking for this "Scott Guy" and stand up from my desk and say I'm Scott, and they kinda shrink alittle. This one time, I called this 19 year old girl and threatened to have her car repo'd in 2 hours if she didn't come in a pay a bill and she had her 40 year old dad in my building yelling for "Scott" and I came around from the back room and I walk up to him and stand about 7 Inches taller am all calmly, "Stop Yelling, Who are you?". He was plaining on strong arming me and threating to "go above my head" blah blah blah, but changed his mind. I repo'd her shit later that day and sold it for like a 1/4 the price. But I digress.

We are laid back. Not slow moving though like the south you say. East coast just seems so serious. But I have never been any more North the east coast than Georgia. But that may change soon.

Your guys should watch Dave P and JewBacca go hunting with Brian Dobson over at **. I'm embarrassed for Dave.

Austin, you should definatly make your way out here. Cost of living is much lower by the way.
                      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

There is just a constant vibe of "kill or be killed," "get out of my way" etc., attitude in the streets. People don't care, it's a place where if someone drops there papers in the street the large majority of people won't even look down at the person as much as just walk by. Everyone is in there own world and just looking out for themselves. Everyone also thinks they are entitled to everything. .
                        QFT!! This hit it EXACTLY on the head. Now...I am one of those that would stop and help my fellow man pick up the dropped papers. There's just too many self absorbed, self centered, false sense of entitlement douchebags in MA and NY. RI too! There is no sense of common courtesy or respect. Most people act as though they are above everyone else and the rules of etiquette and society do not apply to them, only everyone else. I could go on for hours about this because I am witness to it on a daily basis...most notably during my commute to and from work (on the roads is where it is MOST PREVALENT).

Comment

• This is happening right now.
                          food.jpg
                          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT03DAL View Post
                            QFT!! This hit it EXACTLY on the head. Now...I am one of those that would stop and help my fellow man pick up the dropped papers. There's just too many self absorbed, self centered, false sense of entitlement douchebags in MA and NY. RI too! There is no sense of common courtesy or respect. Most people act as though they are above everyone else and the rules of etiquette and society do not apply to them, only everyone else. I could go on for hours about this because I am witness to it on a daily basis...most notably during my commute to and from work (on the roads is where it is MOST PREVALENT).
                            MOST EXACTLY, I'm the kinda guy who watches out to hold door for a woman, lets the guy who waiting merge into traffic and so. That kinda of self entitled asshole attitude is all over Florida, it's so nice to be here in NC where everyone is so polite it's blows me away. Everyone also dresses very nice no matter if they appear rich or poor. People seem very willing to help you and strike up conversations.

And the roads are always clear, no major traffic jams and a shit load of ppl live in this area. All I can say is that I'm so happy to be here and let FL be a distant memory

Comment

• Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                              This is happening right now.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]240563[/ATTACH]
                              very nice...I guess that's 4oz chicken, .5 cup rice and 1 cup broccoli?

Comment

• Originally posted by MURDERBEAST View Post
                                MOST EXACTLY, I'm the kinda guy who watches out to hold door for a woman, lets the guy who waiting merge into traffic and so. That kinda of self entitled asshole attitude is all over Florida, it's so nice to be here in NC where everyone is so polite it's blows me away. Everyone also dresses very nice no matter if they appear rich or poor. People seem very willing to help you and strike up conversations.

And the roads are always clear, no major traffic jams and a shit load of ppl live in this area. All I can say is that I'm so happy to be here and let FL be a distant memory
                                It's like that in FL now because there are so many MA/NY transplants there.

Comment

Working...
                                X