Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

And...Here...We...Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Joker View Post
    Dude, that is amazing. I have that kind of detail in my genealogy book, I just haven't memorized it yet. I am not a big history guy, what is a loyalist?
    The loyalists fought for the king, against the revolutionists. But any good patriot doesn't acknowledge they have loyalist blood (gasp), even today -- in some circles. . . i.e. D.A.R., S.A.R., Society of Clinton, etc.

Comment

• From the sound of it, I don't think mine were loyalists.

Need to do some research.
      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Fuck the loyalists!!!!!
        https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

• 5-26-11
          Day 4- High Carb day
          Legs
          -Last nights BW-239.5
          -Todays AM BW- 235

Leg extensions
          10x150
          9x185+2 Forced+ 1 Neg

Leg Press
          10x5pps
          10x6pps
          -10x7pps- Last rep was the last I could have done

Hack
          10x sled
          10x1pps

Lying Leg Curls
          8x75
          9x100+2 Forced +1 Neg

SLD
          10x135- Stopped because these were hurting my lower back

Standing Calf Press
          8x315
          8x450- I should have pushed for more reps. I could have got 10 probably. 450 is the most I can Load on that thing

Seated Calf Raise
          6x100
          8x200+ 3 Forced

Man, I am drained. I tried the best I could to do HIT style. This was my first REAL try at it. I loved it. This is my first go around so next time will be better. I really wish my lower back had let me do SLDs. And I have never really done hack squats before because normally, they hurt my knees, but not today. I got no shame for only doing 1 pps on that. No ego here. I'll get up there in weight as I continue to do that exercise.

Today is my big food day and that sucks because after legs I never had an appetite for hours. Gotta love force feeding.
          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by woodswise View Post
            I have deep American roots. The Mayflower brought the pilgrims in 1619, and Plymouth became the first permanent settlement. I think Jamestown VA was settled maybe in 1609 but did not survive until it was settled after the Mayflowr in a slightly different location.

I have three Mayflower ancestors, two from my Mother's side, one from my Dad's. All my family were here pre 1800 (we have traced pretty much all my ancestors back to 1800), and the ones we have traced were here in the early 1600's.

We are English, Holland Dutch (upstate NY), French, Scottish and Irish and some native American.

I have at least 10 revolutionary war ancestors, who fought on the winning side. I am sure I have multiple loyalist ancestors, but no one has traced them because they were on the losing side, lol.

I have never heard of prisoners being sent from England to the Americas, but would not be surprised, because that is how they settled Austrailia and (I think) New Zeland in the 1700's and 1800's.

My father's family were original settlers in the 1600's in Connecticut, but they traveled to Nova Scotia by ox cart in the 1760's (I think that was the decade, maybe it was the 1750's) when the English kicked the French out. My great grandfather was born in 1848. He came to the U.S. before the Civil War. When war broke out, he went back to Nova Scotia to avoid the draft and came back as an adult, and at 40 married an 18 year old irish gal, and they had 12 children. He died when he was in his 90's.

My mother's family were original settlers of the Carolinas and were indian traders across the Appalachian mountains, before Daniel Boone. Because they were loyalists, after the Revolution, they settled Alabama and the Florida pan handle. After the civil war, they worked for the railroad. My great grandfather was a machinist and all around do it yourselfer, and he came north.

In case you can't tell, I love history.
            AWESOME information man, thanks for sharing. Gotta love knowing about your roots and where you came from.

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
            5-26-11
            Day 4- High Carb day
            Legs
            -Last nights BW-239.5
            -Todays AM BW- 235

Leg extensions
            10x150
            9x185+2 Forced+ 1 Neg

Leg Press
            10x5pps
            10x6pps
            -10x7pps- Last rep was the last I could have done

Hack
            10x sled
            10x1pps

Lying Leg Curls
            8x75
            9x100+2 Forced +1 Neg

SLD
            10x135- Stopped because these were hurting my lower back

Standing Calf Press
            8x315
            8x450- I should have pushed for more reps. I could have got 10 probably. 450 is the most I can Load on that thing

Seated Calf Raise
            6x100
            8x200+ 3 Forced

Man, I am drained. I tried the best I could to do HIT style. This was my first REAL try at it. I loved it. This is my first go around so next time will be better. I really wish my lower back had let me do SLDs. And I have never really done hack squats before because normally, they hurt my knees, but not today. I got no shame for only doing 1 pps on that. No ego here. I'll get up there in weight as I continue to do that exercise.

Today is my big food day and that sucks because after legs I never had an appetite for hours. Gotta love force feeding.
            SICK leg session J! Let me know how they feel in 2 days...I can already feel DOMS settiling in my legs from yesterday's session.
            https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
            https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

• Thanks man. My quads are Jello. Hams, not so much. But I will definitely be sore. I can already feel it.

My back and chest are still sore too. Essh.
              Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT03DAL View Post
                AWESOME information man, thanks for sharing. Gotta love knowing about your roots and where you came from.

SICK leg session J! Let me know how they feel in 2 days...I can already feel DOMS settiling in my legs from yesterday's session.
                For me that's what it is all about. Knowing where I came from, my family, my culture. I really respect people who know their roots, even if they are different from me and mine. I love hearing about different people's family history. And I really like sharing my own, because it tells folks that knowing your roots can be fun and teach you about the world.

I have learned at least three oral stories that have been passed down from the 1700's in my family. How cool is that? To have unwritten history that has been handed down from parent to child for 200 plus years? I think that's crazy cool.

By the way we are having a crazy storm with tornado warnings, right here and now in Northern Vermont and since we changed our internet, I am able to be online in spite of the storm. WooHoooo!!!!! BTW so far no sign of any tornado . . . just lot's of thunder and lightning.

Comment

• ^^Overall cool post.
                  Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Good leg session man !! Soreness in your glutes from the leg pressing? That's the only place I seem to notice anything.

Comment

• Thanks man. Soreness in my quads, hams and glutes.
                      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• That's good. Make sure you are eating to recover.

Comment

• Eating Big. Today is my High carb day.
                          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Nice, I like those days! Hey, can you change the name of my journal when you get a chance? Note my new username lol

Comment

• Awesome. And done.
                              Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                                Eating Big. Today is my High carb day.
                                FTMFW!!!
                                https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                                https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

Working...
                                X