Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

And...Here...We...Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There really are some great deadlifters in the TJ section, so just take all of the advice and then figure out biomechanically what works for you. That's the route I tend to take.

Comment

• Thanks
      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Joker when you pull, keep your hips low in the beginning to initiate the pull with your legs. Your legs are MUCH stronger than your back. Remember it's a conventional deadlift and not a Romanian deadlift. Don't pull the bar just up, you should pull it really up/back. Think of it like a lever and you generate more power pulling back than just straight upward. Finally, keep your shoulders back behind the bar and not out in front of it b/c the bar will travel out of the area of balance and you'll struggle to lift it. It'll also through you off balance. And as always, keep your lower back tight (arched).
        Last edited by BrotherIron; December 26, 2011, 11:11 PM.
        Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Joker View Post
          Said Trap Bar
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]268679[/ATTACH]
          That's a cambered bar and not a trap bar. That's the bar I use when I perform my old school hacks.

Comment

• Good to see ya deadlifting again Joker and Merry Christmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrotherIron View Post
              Joker when you pull, keep your hips low in the beginning to initiate the pull with your legs. Your legs are MUCH stronger than your back. Remember it's a conventional deadlift and not a Romanian deadlift. Don't pull the bar just up, you should pull it really up/back. Think of it like a lever and you generate more power pulling back than just straight upward. Finally, keep your shoulders back behind the bar and not out in front of it b/c the bar will travel out of the area of balance and you'll struggle to lift it. It'll also through you off balance. And as always, keep your lower back tight (arched).

Do you think that my back wasn't arched enough?
              Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• 405? LOL WUT???
                and not pulling for 3 years? DAMN!

Not bad old man!
                There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

Comment

Do you think that my back wasn't arched enough?
                  You're lower back looked good. Your hips were to high though. High hips make your lower back do the majority of the work and you can pull MUCH more if you use your legs to initiate the pull. I also noticed your shoulders were out in front. You want them back, either behind the bar or at least inline with the bar. It's a lot easier to pull back with them behind the bar (your shoulders). Shoulders out in front will also have you on your toes and you don't want to be like that.

Comment

• J -> that's a strong ass pull on deads for anyone...and you've been off for 3 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrotherIron View Post
                      You're lower back looked good. Your hips were to high though. High hips make your lower back do the majority of the work and you can pull MUCH more if you use your legs to initiate the pull. I also noticed your shoulders were out in front. You want them back, either behind the bar or at least inline with the bar. It's a lot easier to pull back with them behind the bar (your shoulders). Shoulders out in front will also have you on your toes and you don't want to be like that.

I can keep my feet in the same place and just drop my hips a little to get my shoulder behind the bar, correct? I don't want to back up more because that will make me be on my toes. The whole time I was moving was I thinking "accelerate up".
                      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by MURDERBEAST View Post
                        J -> that's a strong ass pull on deads for anyone...and you've been off for 3 years!
                        Thanks Z. I appreciate that. The most I ever pulled was 450 at 189lbs. 2007.
                        Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• AWESOME deadlift video there J...and gotta love the motivational posters on the wall in the background Your form looked textbook for not pulling from the floor in a while.
                          https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                          https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

I can keep my feet in the same place and just drop my hips a little to get my shoulder behind the bar, correct? I don't want to back up more because that will make me be on my toes. The whole time I was moving was I thinking "accelerate up".
                            Yup, dropping your hips will bring your shoulders back which will help with leverages and than when you pull think (pull up/back).

Comment

• Looking trim bro, and nice work on those deads!

Comment

• Thanks brother and ww.

Today is my Birthday. 27 freaking Years old!
                                Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X