Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

JRG training journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a long week of training and working...i fell asleep last night at 730pm and didnt wake up till 7 this morning, awesome. need that recovery sleep. woke up took a multi, fish oil and vit C, and then ran for 35 mins. came back and had a whey shake with creatine and some bcaas, and glutamine. I am going to try to restrict the carbs a bit on off days but keep the calories up, mainly from protein and fats, and see what happens. I am about 200 lbs even right now. have a good weekend everyone and GO BUCKS!
    "JRG, you've got a feminine face and the balls....you're okay in my book."

Comment

Originally posted by YukonCrazy View Post
      KILL THAT SHIT...

lol....

I love to mimic some people here sometimes... :-P

ha, i picked that phrase up from you and vinny. seems to be the shortest, yet most effective motivational phrase.

Comment

Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
        ha, i picked that phrase up from you and vinny. seems to be the shortest, yet most effective motivational phrase.
        We stole it from the Walking Beast!

His journal is sick!

His sessions make me tried just reading them!
        All Posts are for Entertainment only.

Start a Training Journal Today!

Comment

After a long week of training and working...i fell asleep last night at 730pm and didnt wake up till 7 this morning, awesome. need that recovery sleep. woke up took a multi, fish oil and vit C, and then ran for 35 mins. came back and had a whey shake with creatine and some bcaas, and glutamine. I am going to try to restrict the carbs a bit on off days but keep the calories up, mainly from protein and fats, and see what happens. I am about 200 lbs even right now. have a good weekend everyone and GO BUCKS!
          I get hit with one of those sleeping spells every once in a while...your eyes just get heavy and you're like fuck it, going to bed. Hell yeah, GO BUCKS!!! You better be sporting that jersey today brother...it's tradition!

Comment

Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
            I get hit with one of those sleeping spells every once in a while...your eyes just get heavy and you're like fuck it, going to bed. Hell yeah, GO BUCKS!!! You better be sporting that jersey today brother...it's tradition!

oh ya...cant wait. where do you typically watch the away games at? bar, house?

Comment

oh ya...cant wait. where do you typically watch the away games at? bar, house?
              Typically at our place. The bars are a little too crowded for my liking during the games but the atmosphere is great, everyone going crazy you know. My roommate dropped out last winter quarter so I let him use my ticket offer to get tickets. Don't get me wrong, I like the games but I would rather sit on the couch instead of standing in the sun/rain/freezing cold lol.

Comment

Starting my DC training this week, and a new nutrition plan. Simply put it is 2 phases, the first phase lasting 2 days, the 2nd lasting 3 days. hers how i will do it:

Phase one, day 1(today)

fasting, only drinking 64 oz water, 3000 mg vit C, high doses of green tea, and caffeine.

day2 (tomorrow)

lots of high pottasium foods, high calcium foods, keeping protein high, fats low.

After that, i will resume my normal diet for a couple weeks in addition to eating 5000 calories every 5th day.

After 2 weeks i will do phase 2, which lasts 3 days,

day 1:

high fats(nuts,oils); very high protein, less than 100 g carbs, high doses vit B

day 2:

high glycemic carbs, very low protein, ow fats, lots of fluids, 2000 mg of vit C

day 3:
                very high fiber foods, slow digesting proteins, lots of fish oil, high calcium foods, low glycemic carbs.

i will do this every month, and reverse each cycle randomly.

never done anything like this before, we"ll see what happens.

Comment

Starting DC training tomorrow: heres what i will do

Chest, shoulders, triceps, back thickness, back width.

Every excercise for chest, shoulders, tris, and back width will be done with 11-15 total rest-pause reps. For back thickness I will do deadlifts and do just 2 heavy sets, probably be set 1: 365 x 8 reps, then 375 x 6. not totaly sure though.

on wednesday, i wll do arms, forearms, quads, hamstrings, and calves, and using rest pause for everything except squats. i will probably leave aquats for very last and do one heavy set 6-8 reps, and then do another lighter set for 20 reps.

on friday, i will repeat chest, tri, shoulders, and back; except with different excersises.

the following monday i will repeat the arms, legs day except for different excersises.

i should hit every bodypart every 8 days.

Comment

correction from above---i meant to say that i will repeat the same excersises every 8-9 days. Obviously i will hit each bodypart more frequently than that. Example: the rotation will look like:

a1, B1, a2, B2....so it will be monday: a1
                    wednesday: b2
                    Friday: a2
                    the following monday: b2
                    the following wednesdy a2, etc, etc

Comment

Starting my DC training this week, and a new nutrition plan. Simply put it is 2 phases, the first phase lasting 2 days, the 2nd lasting 3 days. hers how i will do it:

Phase one, day 1(today)

fasting, only drinking 64 oz water, 3000 mg vit C, high doses of green tea, and caffeine.

day2 (tomorrow)

lots of high pottasium foods, high calcium foods, keeping protein high, fats low.

After that, i will resume my normal diet for a couple weeks in addition to eating 5000 calories every 5th day.

day 1:

high fats(nuts,oils); very high protein, less than 100 g carbs, high doses vit B

day 2:

high glycemic carbs, very low protein, ow fats, lots of fluids, 2000 mg of vit C

day 3:
                      very high fiber foods, slow digesting proteins, lots of fish oil, high calcium foods, low glycemic carbs.

Interesting to see people do different kind of training. I'll be follow along.

5000 cals for one day? You'll be eating a lot of junk food for this day?

Comment

Originally posted by KhmerMuscle View Post
                        Interesting to see people do different kind of training. I'll be follow along.

5000 cals for one day? You'll be eating a lot of junk food for this day?

ya, 500 calories in one day---actually got it from charles poliquin who picked it up from dr. mauro dipasquale. if you never heard of him he is a former world powerlifting champion, turned doctor. guy knows his shit. anyway, the 5000 cals/every 5th day just keeps the metabolism from adapting. and it wont be junk food--5000 cals of quality food.

Comment

Phase one, day 1(today)

day2 (tomorrow)

day 1:

day 2:

day 3:

Very interesting - so what exactly the purpose of the 3 day cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
                            Very interesting - so what exactly the purpose of the 3 day cycle?
                            fasting today, and then nurient loading tomorrow. theory is that tmorrow the muscles will be starving for nutrients and will be saturated with everything i eat. i guess you can kind of look at it like what a bodybuilder goes through right after they are done with a competition. they have that perios right afterwards where their body is normally so accustommed to a strict prep diet that after the show they eat and gain a ton of weight because their mody soaks up all the nutrients. the whole 2 days and 3 days is used to manipulate insulin/igf-1 and hormone levels to be as anabolic as possible. for me its completely experimental, just going to see what happens. otherwise i am doing it just so my metabolism is always guessing and tht way i can gain as much weight as possible. like i said, never done it before, just gonna see how it goes. as of right now, im really looking forwrd to eating tomorrow!

Comment

ya, 500 calories in one day---actually got it from charles poliquin who picked it up from dr. mauro dipasquale. if you never heard of him he is a former world powerlifting champion, turned doctor. guy knows his shit. anyway, the 5000 cals/every 5th day just keeps the metabolism from adapting. and it wont be junk food--5000 cals of quality food.
                              sorry..i meant 5000 calories/day, not 500

Comment

ok, so the fasting lasted about 20 hours...fuck that. ill go high potassium/calcium/protein tomorrow, cant wait. also starting DC tomorrow, think i have a good plan. shit can be complicated, definitely need to do your research. been reading up on it for the last couple weeks now, and finally think i have a grasp of what i want to do. its nice to switch up different training styles. after 12 weeks on the last one, I got kinda sick of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X