Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

JRG training journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As for me.... I've still been training hard as hell, just haven't felt like logging anything into my journal.

Physique is starting to come along---its a wonder what you can look like once you've gotten rid of just 4-6 lbs of fat. I am on week 5 out of 8 of my carb-drop diet. The goal starting out was to lose about 1-1.5 lbs a week. Didnt want to drop anything crazy fast and lose muscle.

So far I am down to about 198---started at 204---so 6 lbs in 5 weeks is exactly what i was going after. Definitely look better than 5 weeks ago.

We (my training partner--twin brother) and I were doing mon, tues low carb. Wednesday high carb. thurs, fri low carb, and then sat high carb, and sunday low carb(30-40 grams). After about 3 weeks we switched it up and now do mon-fri low carb, and saturday-sunday high carb. We found that only going mon, tues low carb we werent at a quite keto level. 5 days straight of low carb seems to put us into more ketosis by the time we hit high carbs on saturday and sunday. have seen better improvements doing it that way. Besides, high carb on weekends works out great for going out to eat and what not.

Ill try and post more upates in here. Its been an experiement nonetheless, but i've been happy with it. I think I look bigger at 198lbs than at 204.
    "JRG, you've got a feminine face and the balls....you're okay in my book."

Comment

• Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
      holy shit--i didnt think it was opening until 2011? What you got planned for the spring game?
      Yeah man it's open now and it's pretty sweet. I have no clue what's going on. I have to work 7:45a-12...making them big bucks now swiping BuckIDs at the RPAC. Hopefully it doesn't rain on everyone at the spring game.

Looking jacked in the Avi!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
        Yeah man it's open now and it's pretty sweet. I have no clue what's going on. I have to work 7:45a-12...making them big bucks now swiping BuckIDs at the RPAC. Hopefully it doesn't rain on everyone at the spring game.

Looking jacked in the Avi!!!

ahh...at the RPAC, nice. Great place to scope out the babes. I remember that 2nd floor cardio area being a gold mine of hot college chicks in tight clothes. those were the days.

thanks man, pic was taken not quite 2 weeks ago. I dont really take a lot of pics, but I did take one a year ago and it is a huge difference.

Comment

• Cool new avi.
          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
            ahh...at the RPAC, nice. Great place to scope out the babes. I remember that 2nd floor cardio area being a gold mine of hot college chicks in tight clothes. those were the days.

thanks man, pic was taken not quite 2 weeks ago. I dont really take a lot of pics, but I did take one a year ago and it is a huge difference.
            You're damn right it is...the old cardio loft! It's been sweet this quarter. They come in with less and less clothes now that it's warming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by AegisFang View Post
              Cool new avi.

thanks man. I'm trying to get my tri's to look like that gnarly explosion in your avi.

Comment

• 4/22/10
                quads/calves

Morning BW- 198.2 lbs

Narrow-stance Smith machine Squats

275 x 12
                295 x 8
                295 x 7

*feet were 10-12 inches apart
                * not really a fan of squatting on the smith, just wanted to see if they targeted the quads a little more
                * prettyhappy with how my medial quads have developed, trying to enhance the outter sweeep, hence the narrow stance

Leg extensions-feet pointing inward

120 x 12
                120 x 11
                120 x 10

DB Lunges

45 x 10/each leg
                45 x 11/leg
                (not sure how i was able to do 11 on set 2, and only 10 on set 1 , oh well)

Sissy Squats

BW x 12
                BW x 10

Seated Calf Raise

70 x 20
                70 x 15
                70 x 9, 4, 3 (Rest Pause)

Donkey Calf Raises (drop)

260 x 15, 240 x 10

Standing Calf Raise (double drop)

80 x 20, 60 x 12, 40 x 10

Comment

• Nice leg workout...glad to hear your diet/carb cycling is working well for you.
                  https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                  https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

• 4/23/10
                    CHEST/TRICEPS

Morning BW- 198.4 lbs

*Every rep is slow negative and positive ( 2 secs), really trying to focus on stretch and squeeze with this particular split

Incline machine press, neutral grip (double drop)

330 x 12, 220 x 6, 150 x 7

*not sure what happened here, 330 felt great, went down to 270 did 1 rep and felt like my tris were already tiring out. I got about 1/4 rep and couldnt go further, so then went down to 220, and then 150.

High grip pec deck (double drop)

100 x 10, 80 x 6, 60 x 7

Incline DB flyes (double drop)

50 x 11, 35 x 6, 25 x 8

Incline DB flyes, pronated grip (drop)

35 x 15, 25 x 9

Decline DB skull crushers (60 sec rest)

30 x 12
                    30 x 8
                    30 x 6

Rope cable push downs

100 x 10
                    100 x 9

Rope cable overhead extensions

65 x 10
                    65 x 8

Straight bar cable pushdowns

80 x 10
                    80 x 8

**Finally starting to see the seperation of my upper pecs. Ill attribute that to almost 8 straight months of incline work and the recent fat loss. Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by SVT03DAL View Post
                      Nice leg workout...glad to hear your diet/carb cycling is working well for you.

thanks man! ya so far, so good.

Comment

• Awesome work in here man. I'm trying to do the same thing to my quads. I'm pretty happy, starting to get that split down the middle. The close stance squats on the smith are great. I used to do them a lot for cycling since your feet are about the same distance apart as when they're clipped into the pedals. Keep up the good work man!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
                          Awesome work in here man. I'm trying to do the same thing to my quads. I'm pretty happy, starting to get that split down the middle. The close stance squats on the smith are great. I used to do them a lot for cycling since your feet are about the same distance apart as when they're clipped into the pedals. Keep up the good work man!!!

ya, the other I guess positive thing about doing narrow squats, squats in general on a smith is that you can slightly move your feet more in front or behind your body without fear of dropping the bar. I do the same thing on leg presses--adjusting my feet either higher or lower on the platform for each set.

Comment

• 4/26/10
                            Delts/Hamstrings

DB Upright rows (drop)
                            45/arm x 10, 35 x 6, 25 x 8

Arnold press (last set drop)
                            65 x 8
                            60 x 9, 45 x 7

DB side laterals (drop)
                            30/arm x 10, 25 x 8, 20 x 6

Incline bench side laterals
                            20/arm x 10

*We tend to not do much direct medial(front) delt work on shoulder day because of the amount of incline work we do on chest day

Smith machine Stiff-leg DL's / [supersetted with] lying leg curls

*365 x 12 / 80 x 9
                            365 x 14 / 80 x 8
                            365 x 11 / 70 x 8

*365-- on the smith, more accurately we had 160 lbs on each side of the bar

We had to have a brief ham workout because we both were running on short time this morning. In retrospect, I enjoyed supersetting the 2 hams exercises.

Comment

• 4/27/10
                              Mid/Upper Back

Morning BW- 201.2 lbs

**Today was a bit of a rush, did some random stuff for back, but it was effective.

Overhand pull-ups
                              BW x 12
                              BW x 6
                              BW x 4

Smith Overhand/Underhand Bent rows (alternated between the two)
                              185 x 12
                              185 x 10
                              155 x 8
                              155 x 8

VBar Pull-downs (last set was a drop)
                              165 x 10
                              165 x 8, 145 x 8

Wide handle low cable rows (double drop)
                              135 x 10, 115 x 8, 100 x 8

reverse smith machine shrugs (double drop)
                              225 x 12, 185 x 10, 135 x 11
                              *Feel these in the traps way better than shrugs from the front. We use a slight forward bend.

Bent over cable lateral raises (double drop)
                              25 x 8, 15 x 8, 10 x 6/each arm

Superset, with these 3 exercises for 2 sets:

Low cable rope rows / stiff-arm cable pull-downs / Lying DB pullovers

85 x 12 / 130 x 10 / 65 x 10

85 x 11 / 130 x 6 / 65 x 9

Comment

• Lots of drop sets going on here...you must have been gassed post-workout.
                                https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                                https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

Working...
                                X