Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

JRG training journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZyklonB View Post
    Damn that's one hellva a session...nailing those triceps nice.

I like that overall you hit alot of different exercises, but instead of doing 3 sets, most of your exercises are two....looks like a good way to shock the muscles a bit...
    Thanks, my delts and tris are probabaly my best bodyparts, so I dont feel I need a lot of volume for them.

Its really about "feel" for me. I go to failure on everything, so usually after 2 sets, atleast for these particular bodyparts, I felt that was enough. Ill throw in drops and stuff too, as long as I feel im hitting everything good enough then Im content.
    "JRG, you've got a feminine face and the balls....you're okay in my book."

Comment

• Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
      thanks man.

was going to do legs tomorrow morning, but I am going barefoot skiing, and wakeboarding tonight. SO fuck that. Just cardio tomorrow.
      That's nothing like putting weight on your back and squatting untill failure
      PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Originally posted by PanterA View Post
        That's nothing like putting weight on your back and squatting untill failure

unless you do P90x. ha. no, I was just gonna do back and bis tomorrow instead and do legs on friday or saturday. Atleast get a day or so in between. It definitely doesnt replace weights, but its enough to warrant a day rest from training them all out.

Comment

unless you do P90x. ha. no, I was just gonna do back and bis tomorrow instead and do legs on friday or saturday. Atleast get a day or so in between. It definitely doesnt replace weights, but its enough to warrant a day rest from training them all out.
          Yeah as long as they're not a lagging bodypart it will be fine. I carry shit all day and push wheel barrows full of concrete around, climb ladders, etc.... When it's time for legs I do legs and they'e one of my better muscles. With 5x5 you sq 3 times a week, but Wed you take it easy.

Layne norton says his legs are his problem area, and training them twice a week was the answer to bringing them up.

Comment

Chip? You mean Chris Aceto? No it did not help me design my program. I dont have a specific program at the moment. There are some very good basic programs in there however. Seriously though, it just takes time to figure out what kind of programs you like. I have been lifting consistently since march of 2009. that entire time was spent doing different programs with different reps/sets and such. I probably did close to 10 different programs in the last 16 months. i always did them for atleast 6-8 weeks. After which, I would switch to something else. Throughout that time, i knda learned what i lied and what i didnt. I'm still trying different things, but now i have a better idea of what works best for me and what doesnt.
            Wait...you've ONLY been lifting for 16 months?
            My Journal:

Comment

Yeah as long as they're not a lagging bodypart it will be fine. I carry shit all day and push wheel barrows full of concrete around, climb ladders, etc.... When it's time for legs I do legs and they'e one of my better muscles. With 5x5 you sq 3 times a week, but Wed you take it easy.

Layne norton says his legs are his problem area, and training them twice a week was the answer to bringing them up.

excellent points. legs tomorrow. im lookin more into the 5x5 stuff. i know who to come to for questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluecountry View Post
                Wait...you've ONLY been lifting for 16 months?

started seriously march 2009. I was a 182 peice of shit before that. no muscles and a small gut. lift heavy, eat heavy....good things will come.

Comment

• Wow this thread moves fast.I asked a question and I dont see it answered.

Comment

excellent points. legs tomorrow. im lookin more into the 5x5 stuff. i know who to come to for questions.
                    Great to hear! You can never neglect the legs

If it were DC I would say fuck off with your questions but this is pretty easy so... lol

Comment

• I like the 5x5 style, thinking about going back to this style in the future:

Squats:
                      Warmup: 2x15
                      5x5(Pyramid)
                      1xFailure

I got the most PR's from this, now doing the 8-12 style ain't cutting it and my knees are starting to hurt.

Comment

Great to hear! You can never neglect the legs

If it were DC I would say fuck off with your questions but this is pretty easy so... lol

ha, ya. from what i saw on that link, it is waaaay more straight forward than DC.

Comment

• So, I did Chest, tris, and upper back on Tuesday. Tomorrow, Im going to do legs and midback.

I finally got my gym situation figured out. The hospital I work at has a legit gm. Great freeweight selection, adequate machines, great cardio equip. I've used it before, but never really considered using it as a permanent gym. I will go in the mornings, which is good, because there is rarely anyone there. Which also means I can blast whatever music I want. It's also nice because i wont have to do any out of the way driving to get to a gym like I did before. And to get to work, I just have to go up a flight of stairs. pretty convenient.

I;ve decided im going to do a 3 day/week push, pull, legs routine. Getting back to basics, going heavy with basic exercises--probably for atleast 8 weeks. Then I would like to do the 5x5 routine after that. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

• Sounds like a solid plan man. I'm seriously contemplating switching to a 3 day/week routine like that and doing cardio on the off days. Anyways, hope all is well.

Comment

• Started back today after basically taking the last 3 weeks off. Dumb. Hopefully will never have to take that much time off. I originally only planned to take one week off after going consistent for about 12 weeks. that turned into 2, which turned into 3. I lifted heavy 2 days in the last 2 weeks, so i'm not counting them

Anyway, We are doing a full-body push/pull split 3 days a week. Not something I'm typically accusstomed to. Some different kind of performance/sport related lifts (atleast for today). I got way out of shape in the last 3 weeks. I stayed pretty full, bot lost some cuts--which I expected. it was definitely good to be back in the gym. however, the combination of the different exercises coupled with my lack of conditioning made this a very humbling experience. My weights were low as shit, and I got winded very easily. i had a decent amount of carbs yesterday, and ate a meal one hour befoe the workout this morning; didnt seem to matter. Anyway, I;m not sure how long we will do this new split--I'm leaving that up to my brother, who I am training with. At present I am 6'1'', 200lbs in the morning and i would guess about 16% BF. i would like to put on a lean 5 lbs in the next couple months. here is what I was able to make it through this morning, not impressive whatsoever--again, will never take that much time off again.

Deadlift into an upright row
                              105 x 12
                              115 x10
                              115 x 10
                              115 x 10
                              **more taxing on my cardio system than muscular it seemed. will do more weightnext time

Front squat
                              135 x 12
                              165 x 10
                              **Out of fuckin breath at the end of al these sets. havent front squated in awhile, probably could have done more weight, but the lack of air crept in. Hopefully my condiditiong will improve over the next couple of months.

Incline alternating DB press
                              60 x 10/arm
                              x 9/1rm
                              x 8/arm
                              x 7/arm
                              **pathetic, this is normally a warm up set for me.

Push/presses(basically a standing BB mil press)
                              95 x 10
                              **should have done more, but I had a "fuck it" attitude at this point. Hopefully will have more energy next time.

The rest of the workout was ging to be reverse DB woodchops, and then alternating planks--but I felt like shit, said to hell with it. not happy with my lack of condiditon, but again, it should be better in the next couple weeks. On off days we will be doing LISS cardio for 45-60 min and some HIIT depending on the present conditioning and how we feel. Off on sundays.

Comment

• Hey program looks good, your energy will come back up fast...

Is there a specific timing to your cardio? I'm going with LISS in the morning of my lifting days and then HIT for off lifting days...

Good article here on cardio and timing:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kelly3.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X