Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

JRG training journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0430--pre-workout, fishoil, l-carnitine, superpump 250
    "JRG, you've got a feminine face and the balls....you're okay in my book."

Comment

10/06/09 week 1 DC training

INCLINE BB PRESS

225 X 7, 12 breaths, 225 x 5, 12 breaths, 225 x 3

80lb Db incline stretch x 10 secs

DB SHOULDER PRESS

70 X 8, 12 breaths, 65 x 4, 12 breaths, 60 x 3 (way less weight than im used to)

shoulder stretch x 20 secs

SMITH MACHINE CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS

185 X 10, 12 breaths, 185 x 7, 12 breaths, 185 x 5

45 lb DB overhead stretch x 20 secs

ASSISTED OVERHAND PULL-UPS (25 LBS)

11 REPS, 12 BREATHS, 8 REPS, 12 BREATHS, 5 REPS

WIDE-GRIP HANG STRETCH X 20 SECS

STIFF LEG DEAD LIFTS

315 X 6, 2 MIN REST, 315 X 6 (DEAD AT THIS POINT, NEXT TIME WILL DO DL'S AT BEGINNING OF WORKOUT

great workout, havent been this tired after a workout since early spring

Comment

Awesome workout. Are the sets listed just your final working set?

Comment

Great workout bro, feels good to be worn out like that.

So that workout was chest w/ the legs added in (stiff leg deadlifts)?

Comment

Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
            10/06/09 week 1 DC training

INCLINE BB PRESS

225 X 7, 12 breaths, 225 x 5, 12 breaths, 225 x 3

80lb Db incline stretch x 10 secs

DB SHOULDER PRESS

70 X 8, 12 breaths, 65 x 4, 12 breaths, 60 x 3 (way less weight than im used to)

shoulder stretch x 20 secs

SMITH MACHINE CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS

185 X 10, 12 breaths, 185 x 7, 12 breaths, 185 x 5

45 lb DB overhead stretch x 20 secs

ASSISTED OVERHAND PULL-UPS (25 LBS)

11 REPS, 12 BREATHS, 8 REPS, 12 BREATHS, 5 REPS

WIDE-GRIP HANG STRETCH X 20 SECS

STIFF LEG DEAD LIFTS

315 X 6, 2 MIN REST, 315 X 6 (DEAD AT THIS POINT, NEXT TIME WILL DO DL'S AT BEGINNING OF WORKOUT

great workout, havent been this tired after a workout since early spring

Hey, I dont want to piss you off or sound like a dick, but there are some things that arent following DC in this workout.

The chest session looks good, but the stretch is supposed to be 60-90 seconds. Same with all stretches

Also, raise your rep range for shoulders. DB presses are typically 20-30 rest pause, so that your not extremely fatigued by pressing up heavier weights. As well, you should keep the same weight for the entirety of the rest puase set.

Keep the deadlifts at the end of the workout, but SLDL is not usually a back thickness exercise. Typically a row or regular/rack dead lift. One heavy set 6-8, then a lighter set of 10-12.
            Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

ya, just my working sets, i warmed up with lighter weight before I did the ones i listed above

Comment

Originally posted by chasebny View Post
                Hey, I dont want to piss you off or sound like a dick, but there are some things that arent following DC in this workout.

The chest session looks good, but the stretch is supposed to be 60-90 seconds. Same with all stretches

Also, raise your rep range for shoulders. DB presses are typically 20-30 rest pause, so that your not extremely fatigued by pressing up heavier weights. As well, you should keep the same weight for the entirety of the rest puase set.

Keep the deadlifts at the end of the workout, but SLDL is not usually a back thickness exercise. Typically a row or regular/rack dead lift. One heavy set 6-8, then a lighter set of 10-12.
                no man, i appreciate the criticism and tips. keep it coming. i saw other ppls DC journals that had like 15-20 second stretches...ill go 60-90 next time. should i raise my rep range for JUSt shoulders, or any exercise using DBs? and the reason i didnt keep the same weight on the presses was because they wore me out too quick and i want to stick with the 11-15 rep range....next time, now that i know what weight to use, ill stick with the same weight for the whole thing. and ya, i figured SLDLs were mainly for just low back and hamms...ill do reg next time. thanks for the tips man, ive been researching this for a couple weeks, and still learning, so every bit helps. i appreciate it.

Comment

Any pressing exercise with DBs should be higher rep range.

And good luck on your Bi/forearm/calf/ham/quad workout man.
                  Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

thanks man, im already sore from the A1 workout. ill let you know how legs go.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
                      Great workout bro, feels good to be worn out like that.

So that workout was chest w/ the legs added in (stiff leg deadlifts)?
                      should have been reg dl's. it was upper body, with back thickness, and back width. tomorrow is legs, and arms.

Comment

WEEK1 10.7.09 ARMS/LEGS DC

**these are all the work sets, all preceded by warm-up sets

BB BICEPS CURL

85 lbs x 10, 12 breaths, 85 lbs x 4, 12 breaths, 85 lbs x 2

biceps stretch x 60 seconds

FOREARM CURLS

70lbs x 11, 12 breaths, 70lbs x 5, 12 breaths, 70lbs x 2
                        **next time, ill probably just do a straight set

forearm stretch x 45 seconds

STANDING CALF RAISE

I did a straight set, 11 reps of 3/4 of the stack (marked as 8), not sure how much weight that is, 80lbs?

Every rep was a 5 second positive, a slow controlled negative and I held the negative/stretched position for 10 seconds. Easily the hardest calf exercise i have ever done. never felt a burn like that before.

LYING LEG CURLS

95lbs x 10, 12 breaths,95lbs x 4, 12 breaths, 95lbs x 2

hamstring stretch x 60 seconds/each leg

BB SQUATS

315 x 7, 2 min rest, 225 x 18(brutal!!)

Comment

Damn Impressive Squats! 225 for 18 after 315 for 7...you're going to be walking funny for a few days, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
                            Damn Impressive Squats! 225 for 18 after 315 for 7...you're going to be walking funny for a few days, that's for sure!
                            ya man, it was ridiculous, everyone in the gym probably thought I had to take a shit or something the way i was walking out of the gym. Way back in march I did a program called super squats, where you take a squat amount that you can only do 10 of, and you do 20 of them. and every week you increase the weight by 5 lbs--forces your legs to grow. that was rough, but today doing 315 for 7 before doing 20 reps of 225 made it insane. First time in awhile I felt like puking after leaving the gym. Loved it.

Comment

Morning weight today was 198! Fuck! Ive lost like 3 pounds. I try not to pay attention to the scale, as i look bigger than i did 3 weeks ago when i hit 204. again, the goal is to be 220 by january. must EAT more food!

Comment

Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
                                Morning weight today was 198! Fuck! Ive lost like 3 pounds. I try not to pay attention to the scale, as i look bigger than i did 3 weeks ago when i hit 204. again, the goal is to be 220 by january. must EAT more food!
                                For me seems kind of weird. I eat like 8-9 times a day and I can't seems to fucking gain. I'm currently 211lbs but want to be bigger by Jan. That's when I start my diet to get cut.

Comment

Working...
                                X