Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone.
Just as a friendly reminder between December 7th thru December 8th, the forum will be undergoing an upgrade and service may be disrupted for a period of time. This maintenance will be done at a time that will impact traffic the least, but offer huge benefits. Especially with the Olympia right around the corner.
Enjoy and thanks in advance for your understanding.
Best
Jen

PS Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

JRG training journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AegisFang View Post
    Yo jrg. What books do you recommend for learning more about nutrition and training. For training I'm not talking about exercises but more about the metabolic changes the body goes through. I need to know more about Pro Carbs and Fats. I need to know more about how they effect the body.

Thanks
    Sorry--haven't been to a computer since last thursday. Doing upper body tomorrow. Some of the best literature i have read has come from:

The metabolic diet OR the anabolic diet by Dr. Mauro DiPascquale--This guy is a pioneer, brilliant.

Big beyond belief by leo costa jr is interetsting.

I have essentials of dtrength training and conditioning from NSCA.

Exercise Physiology 7th edition by william mcardle.

Ron Harris's book is good for basic knowledge.

And i have other basic nutrition and physiology textbooks from college.

ANything else, I've gotten from my brother, who is a nutritionist, or have researched on my own.

If you have a 1/2 priced books around you--go to it. Ive bought text books there and other nutrition books for next to nothing.
    "JRG, you've got a feminine face and the balls....you're okay in my book."

Comment

• I also have some ebooks from Justin Harris and Shelby Starnes from troponinnutrition.com, I have an eating/training manual from Skip LaCour and one from Steve Holzman and Jonathon lawson among some other miscellaneous ebooks. All have been very valuable.

Comment

• 8/10/10
        Power-Upper Body

Incline Bench
        205 x 5,5
        210 x 5,5,5

Bent over BB rows (wide grip)
        185 x 5 x 5

Seated DB shoulder press
        70 x 5,5,5,4+1, 4+1

Shrugs
        185 x 5,5
        205 x 5,5,5

Comment

• I like your ideas on carb cycling, getting the right amount of carbs and not too much for me is always a battle
          Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
            I like your ideas on carb cycling, getting the right amount of carbs and not too much for me is always a battle

Thanks...just remember insulin(too many carbs) plus high fat intake=fat ass. Control these, and eat enough protein and you're golden.

Carbs are turned into glucose which insulin stores in muscles first and liver second. When these are full-- from eating too many carbs, the rest get stored as fat. Control this, and you can effectively control fat storage.

Another thing--too much insulin from chronic over carb eating induces Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) to inhibit fat cells fom being broken down to be used as energy. I'm not trying to say eating carbs is bad---just knowing when to eat them, and how much can be very useful if you are worried about body fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
              8/10/10
              Power-Upper Body

Incline Bench
              205 x 5,5
              210 x 5,5,5

Bent over BB rows (wide grip)
              185 x 5 x 5

Seated DB shoulder press
              70 x 5,5,5,4+1, 4+1

Shrugs
              185 x 5,5
              205 x 5,5,5
              Nice weight on those inclines

Comment

• Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
                Sorry--haven't been to a computer since last thursday. Doing upper body tomorrow. Some of the best literature i have read has come from:

The metabolic diet OR the anabolic diet by Dr. Mauro DiPascquale--This guy is a pioneer, brilliant.

Big beyond belief by leo costa jr is interetsting.

I have essentials of dtrength training and conditioning from NSCA.

Exercise Physiology 7th edition by william mcardle.

Ron Harris's book is good for basic knowledge.

And i have other basic nutrition and physiology textbooks from college.

ANything else, I've gotten from my brother, who is a nutritionist, or have researched on my own.

If you have a 1/2 priced books around you--go to it. Ive bought text books there and other nutrition books for next to nothing.

Thanks man. Appreciate it
                Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• 8/11/10
                  Power-legs

Squats
                  295 x 5
                  305 x 5,5,5
                  310 x 5

Stiff Leg DL's
                  225 x 5
                  245 x 5,5
                  255 x 5,5
                  *went down by about 80 lbs from previous week to focus on stretch

Seated Calf raise
                  110 x 8 x 7 sets

Comment

• Those stiff leg dl's are always impressive, good work

Comment

• Originally posted by ZyklonB View Post
                      Those stiff leg dl's are always impressive, good work

thanks man.

Comment

• 8/13/10
                        Hyper chest/arms

Incline Db Press
                        75 x 10,9,9

Close grip BB press
                        135 x 10,9
                        140 x 8

Flat bench DB press
                        60 x 10,9,9

Preacher curls, supersetted with , standing french press
                        55 x 10,8 ; 55 x 12,10

Hammer curls, supersetted with, cable pushdowns
                        25/arm x 11,10 ; 100 x 10,9

Hammer strength curls, supersetted with, machine triceps extensions
                        65 x 11,10 ; 90 x 10,9

Comment

• supersetting in style, sweet work, hey hope you got my email or hopefully your response didn't end up in my junk folder and get deleted....later

Comment

• Originally posted by ZyklonB View Post
                            supersetting in style, sweet work, hey hope you got my email or hopefully your response didn't end up in my junk folder and get deleted....later

ya, dude....sorry. Last two weeks, I;ve had literally 5 minutes at a time to get on the comp. Been very busy. Ive had a chance to glance at it. i should be able to go into it in more detail and get back to you shortly after. Sorry for the delay.

Comment

• same here, been running ragged, my day started @4.30 and just ended.

take ur time

Comment

• Ahh...high carb day. Went all week low carb, now im stuffing my face with cereal and whatever else i can find. Not a lot of rules for today...probably will eat upwards of 700-800 g carbs today.

By the way...went way down on stiff leg deadlifts, brought the bar way down and barely up past my knees, trying to take low back out of it. Made a huge difference, my hams are still sore.

Comment

Working...
                                X