Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

JRG training journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KhmerMuscle View Post
    For me seems kind of weird. I eat like 8-9 times a day and I can't seems to fucking gain. I'm currently 211lbs but want to be bigger by Jan. That's when I start my diet to get cut.
    for me, the eating all the time is way harder than busting ass in the gym. The thing is I know what to do to gain weight, i just have to fucking to do it. I picked up a couple tips from Charles Poliquin, like eating 5000 calories every 5th day. I work at a hospital, so it is hard to always get in my scheduled meals so what i do is always have a baggie of BCCA powder mixed with glutamine, and if im in a rush I throw a tablespoon of that down mixed with a swif of water. I also have a bag of peanuts, almonds, seeds, etc. if im in a hurry i eat a handful of those. just gotta eat ever 2 hours...ive cut back on supp's and am trying to eat a ton more animal protein. ALOT of red meat. just gotta eat man.
    "JRG, you've got a feminine face and the balls....you're okay in my book."

Comment

Originally posted by jrg_715 View Post
      for me, the eating all the time is way harder than busting ass in the gym. The thing is I know what to do to gain weight, i just have to fucking to do it. I picked up a couple tips from Charles Poliquin, like eating 5000 calories every 5th day. I work at a hospital, so it is hard to always get in my scheduled meals so what i do is always have a baggie of BCCA powder mixed with glutamine, and if im in a rush I throw a tablespoon of that down mixed with a swif of water. I also have a bag of peanuts, almonds, seeds, etc. if im in a hurry i eat a handful of those. just gotta eat ever 2 hours...ive cut back on supp's and am trying to eat a ton more animal protein. ALOT of red meat. just gotta eat man.
      I'm eating every 2 hours and downing 60g of whey and soy protein 3-4 times a day. Wouldn't that be enough of BCCA and glutamine in them? Seems like I eat less I gain. Fucking weird!

Comment

Workout looks good. Did you do the quad stretch as well?
        Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

I'm eating every 2 hours and downing 60g of whey and soy protein 3-4 times a day. Wouldn't that be enough of BCCA and glutamine in them? Seems like I eat less I gain. Fucking weird!

well, i only have the BCAA/glutmaine powder mix if i dont have any food handy. if it is a quality protein mix they should have good amounts of bcaa and glutamine. post workout i eat every hour for 3 hours. i get done working out at 6am, so i have the mindset that i need as much protein and quality carbs in me as possible before 9am. what are you eating every 2 hours? what do you eat post workout? you eat anything right before bed? need a slow digesting protein before bed, casein, which you can buy seperatley or it is in cottage cheese and yogurt. make sure youre getting glutamine right before bed too. you getting some whey right when you wake in the morning? i mix whey with creatine, they are more effective together than seperately

Comment

Originally posted by chasebny View Post
            Workout looks good. Did you do the quad stretch as well?

thanks bro--i wrote in my journal(the one i bring to the gym) to do the stretch(which would be the end part of a sissy squat movement) but i read other ppls DC journals and they didnt mention doing a quad stretch, so i ended up not doing it. i should do it next time, right? Dude I havent been sore like this since march-april, shit feels like its working, and ive only done 2 workouts. the 18 reps of the 225 squats destroyed me.

Comment

thanks bro--i wrote in my journal(the one i bring to the gym) to do the stretch(which would be the end part of a sissy squat movement) but i read other ppls DC journals and they didnt mention doing a quad stretch, so i ended up not doing it. i should do it next time, right? Dude I havent been sore like this since march-april, shit feels like its working, and ive only done 2 workouts. the 18 reps of the 225 squats destroyed me.
              Definitely do the quad stretch. Its in the stickies in the dogg pound.

Looks good though. Crush that log book.
              Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

well, i only have the BCAA/glutmaine powder mix if i dont have any food handy. if it is a quality protein mix they should have good amounts of bcaa and glutamine. post workout i eat every hour for 3 hours. i get done working out at 6am, so i have the mindset that i need as much protein and quality carbs in me as possible before 9am. what are you eating every 2 hours? what do you eat post workout? you eat anything right before bed? need a slow digesting protein before bed, casein, which you can buy seperatley or it is in cottage cheese and yogurt. make sure youre getting glutamine right before bed too. you getting some whey right when you wake in the morning? i mix whey with creatine, they are more effective together than seperately
                I'm eating healthy food every two hours. When I wake up I have soy and whey proteins with some olive oil. I eat some carb and have my soy and whey proteins for my pre and post workout. I eat as well after my post workout. Proteins before sleep. I'm going to grab some Casein proteins today, been tring to implement that to my dieting.

Comment

Originally posted by chasebny View Post
                  Definitely do the quad stretch. Its in the stickies in the dogg pound.

Looks good though. Crush that log book.

will do man, thanks for the tips!

Comment

I'm eating healthy food every two hours. When I wake up I have soy and whey proteins with some olive oil. I eat some carb and have my soy and whey proteins for my pre and post workout. I eat as well after my post workout. Proteins before sleep. I'm going to grab some Casein proteins today, been tring to implement that to my dieting.
                    Personally, i would do away with soy protein-not because its bad, but i think its less effective, you could be spending that money on creatine, a mass gainer, food, etc. And I like to keep it simple- just stick to whey, creatine, a post-workout drink, and maybe a mass-gainer. also use a multi-vit, vit C, vit E, fish oil, and a shit ton of animal protein. one hour after i workout i have a shake with 10 eggs, 2 tbl of peanut butter, 1/2 C oats, and a banana. it comes out to like 600-700 calories, 50-60 g of protein, and like 50 g carbs, and good fats from the peanut butter. ive gained a little over 20 lbs in 6 months, hopefully i can keep that up/

Comment

I am as sore today as I have been in a long time. Mainly my legs, lower back and lats. going to take it easy all day and try to recover. tomorrow will be the A2 workout, and then saturday and sunday will be cardio, Monday will be the B2 workout.

Comment

0430-preworkout=> superpump 250, fishoil, vit, vit C, granola bar

Comment

WEEK 1 A2 WORKOUT 10.9.09

CHEST PRESS MACHINE

150 lbs x 8, 12 breaths, x 5, 15 breaths, x 2

50 lb DB flatt bench stretch x 60 seconds

STANDING BB MILITARY PRESS

135 lbs X 8, 15 breaths, x 4, 15 breaths, x 2

BB UPRIGHT ROW

85 lbs x 9, 15 breaths, x 5, 15 breaths, x 3

shoulder stretch x 60 seconds

EZ CURL BAR SKULL CRUSHERS

65lbs X 12, 12 breaths, x 6, 15 breaths, x 3

40lb sitting overhead extension stretch x 60 seconds

VBAR PULLDOWNS

175 lbs x 9, 15 breaths, x 4, 15 breaths, x 2 1/2

Pullup bar lat hang x 30 seconds

BENT OVER BB ROWS

185 lbs x 8, 2 min break, 135 lbs x 15

Great workout, all reps nice and controlled, had a good squeeze on everything. Really like doing standing military presses for shoulders, got a great pump. Stretches on everything today were brutal, esp chest and triceps stretch.

Comment

10.9.09 3 hour window post workout meals:

7:30AM, 1 hr post: shake with 6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1/4 C yogurt, 1/2 C oats, 2 tbl peanut butter, 1 medium banana, 1 tsp each of: creatine, glutamine, bcaas powder, ice.

8:30AM, 2 hr post: 1 sweet potato, 4 oz chicken breast

9:30 Am, 3 hr post: 4 oz chicken breast, 1/4 C broccoli

Comment

The thing I like about DC so far, is that I feel I am squeezing the weight more and am getting better form. I have lowered some of the weight on some of the exercises I do as compared to my last high intensity training split, but with the slower controlled negatives and the nice stretch I feel I am working the muscles better. I am also getting more range of motion from these reps than I previously had on other training splits.

Comment

Good to hear it man. I have to check out that DC training style.

Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                                X