Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Aesthetic Saiyan - Trying To Get Power Level Over 9000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aesthetic Saiyan - Trying To Get Power Level Over 9000

Reason for starting this journal
    I decided too create this journal mainly because my fat loss isn't going as expected and i would like to recieve some pointers from you guys whom have a lot more experience then me.

Also, it never hurts too keep track off your progress!

Stats
    Sex:Male
    Height: A little above 6 foot 3

Current weight: 210-215 (not lean)
    Bodyfat percentage: I've got no idea but i will either upload pics later today or tomorrow, so you be the judge!

Activity level: Not that active besides weight-lifting (mostly 3 or 4 days a week)... During the summer vacation i will mostly work seated

Nutrition
    I'm currently following an Intermittent Fasting protocol for convinience, which means im eating all off my food between 4 p.m and midnight! During summer vacation i will most likely continue doing thiw or go for 3 big meals a day (breakfast,lunch and dinner)

Macros
    Protein - 280g
    Carbs - Around 130g on non-training days and atleast the double on training days
    Fat - ca 70g

I mostly eat lean ground beef, qvark (it's kinda like cottage cheese) egg whites, whole-grain rice, whole-grain pasta, rapsoil. I boil in coconut oil.

Training
    It often varies, but i will problably follow this program i found posted here on the md boards (can't remember by which member or what thread it was posted in) for the entire summer.

Chest, triceps
    BB Bench 4 sets
    Incline DB press 4 sets
    Dips or cgbp 4 sets
    (12 total sets done in 60 min or less)

Back, biceps
    DB or BB rows 5 sets
    Lat pull downs in front of neck 5 sets
    Some bicep movement, any will do 5 sats
    (15 total sets done in 60 min or less)

OFF

OFF

shoulders, traps
    Military press5 sets
    DB Side Lateral Raise 4 sets
    Shrugs 4 sets
    (13 total sets done in 60 min or less)

Legs
    Squat 6 sets
    SLDL 5 sets
    Standing Calf Raise 5 sets
    (16 total sets done in 60 min or less)

Supplements

I'm currently taking a liquid multi-vitamin (don't like swallowing more pills then i have too), ca 5g creatine monohydrate after my training or at a time were i have most off my carbs on off-days, aswell as 6g of Omega-3. Off the protein i eat, 50g comes from a mixture off whey isolate and casein, but i will change too ON's 100% Whey

What i hope and expect from this journal
    An easy way too keep track off my progress and making the necessary adjustments too keep the progress positive. Communicate with you other members, hoping too gain a lot off knowledge. I also think that this journal can help you, as me, who aren't that experienced

ANY POINTERS ARE WELCOME
    ANY QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME

Current physique goal
    To loose the amount of body fat necessary too become ripped, with the help from your advices

Hey good to see you starting up a journal.

That diet strategy is intriguing, but I've never been a fan of fasting diets myself. Purely as for me, I can not function properly without a steady flow of nutrients at regular intervals. First post is nice and detailed, so I'm liking where this is going. All the best with your goals, I'll swing by a few times a week to see how your going.

Comment

Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
      Hey good to see you starting up a journal.

That diet strategy is intriguing, but I've never been a fan of fasting diets myself. Purely as for me, I can not function properly without a steady flow of nutrients at regular intervals. First post is nice and detailed, so I'm liking where this is going. All the best with your goals, I'll swing by a few times a week to see how your going.

Hey man i actually went by over at your training journal about half an hour ago, you are looking pretty solid bro! I'll make sure too visit yours and comment on it frequently!

How old are you? Natural?

Comment

Originally posted by fredh da star View Post
        Hey man i actually went by over at your training journal about half an hour ago, you are looking pretty solid bro! I'll make sure too visit yours and comment on it frequently!

How old are you? Natural?
        I'm 22, been training for 5 years. First 2 years were kinda half assed, not really eating correctly and my training was shitty due to limitations. Did manage to put on some size but very slowly. 3rd year I got my training sorted out and put on a bit more size at a faster rate ... but really the last 2 years has been where its at for me. Cleaned up my diet, hitting the weights hard and loving the results.

Yeah I'm natural. Closest thing to PH/AAS etc. that I've taken was Anadraulic State by LG Sciences. Only did one tub of that over 2 months. A lot of people think I'm juiced up, but really all it is is hard training day in day out, never or rarely skipping meals, and a long-term mind set. I know progress is slow ... therefore I accept that and focus on where I want to be in 12 months.

Have to say though, I'm starting to find it more and more difficult to put on quality size without added fat gains now that I'm 223 lbs (101 kg).

Comment

Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
          I'm 22, been training for 5 years. First 2 years were kinda half assed, not really eating correctly and my training was shitty due to limitations. Did manage to put on some size but very slowly. 3rd year I got my training sorted out and put on a bit more size at a faster rate ... but really the last 2 years has been where its at for me. Cleaned up my diet, hitting the weights hard and loving the results.

Yeah I'm natural. Closest thing to PH/AAS etc. that I've taken was Anadraulic State by LG Sciences. Only did one tub of that over 2 months. A lot of people think I'm juiced up, but really all it is is hard training day in day out, never or rarely skipping meals, and a long-term mind set. I know progress is slow ... therefore I accept that and focus on where I want to be in 12 months.

Have to say though, I'm starting to find it more and more difficult to put on quality size without added fat gains now that I'm 223 lbs (101 kg).
          I forgot mentioning how long i've been training for, my progress so far and what got me into weight-lifting in my first pose, sorry!!!

Training experience and reason for starting weight-lifting: I started weight-lifting about a year ago since i decided to quit play ice-hockey and i wanted too get bigger, weighing in at a skinny-fat 167 pounds at 6 foot 1!!!

Progress so far: I've gained a lot of weight, starting at 167 pounds and 6 months later i weighed in at my heaviest weight so far, 233 pounds!

Of that weight gain, there were a hole lot of fat. The reason being my nutritional knowledge sucked, and my hunt for becoming bigger was kinda out of control. I ate huge amounts of refined sugars and my diet was pretty low in protein, which most came from milk.

I'm not looking too gain much muscle right now, just lean down and then start too add muscle, SLOWLY AND WITH LITTLE FAT-GAIN

Comment

Welcome to the MD Training Journals section!

I am your Forum Leader in here. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

You're young so you have lots of time to do what you like with your physique. Losing weight is simple math, burn more calories than you take in. Cardio, weight training, and nutrition is what you should be researching, imo.

This journal can be a useful resource down the road, keep it updated and current. I would also suggest you check out some of the other threads in this section as that will encourage those members to come into your threads as well.

Good Luck!
            All Posts are for Entertainment only.

Start a Training Journal Today!

Comment

I am your Forum Leader in here. If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

I know you are, it was by reading your thread about why too start a training journal i decided too create this one!

I actually have a question, how many % of an egg is the egg-white?

Comment

Ok so i just completed the first workout i will log here!

It went overall kinda shitty because i didn't have a workout partner, i've slept really little this weekend due too working like crazy for my mom so i felt really tired. As for Nutrition it has gone as every other day, therefore i will not log food for every day, instead i will summarize the entire weeks eating habits each sunday.

Although if i do something different compared too what i'm used too, for example dropping or upping calories i will of course write that the same day i do it!

Anyways, here goes!

Training (ONLY WORKING SETS)

BB Benchpress ~176lbs X 2 ~176lbs X 2 ~165lbs X 4 ~154 X 6
                Incline DB ~55lbs X 4 ~50lbs X 6 ~50lbs X 12 ~50lbs X 12
                CGBP ~154 X 5 ~132lbs X 9 ~132lbs X 6

Commentary on training
                Workout in it's entirety: Didn't feel motivated or psyched so no good lifts except the 12 reps at ~50lbs for the Incline DB

BB Benchpress: Didn't find any pins too adjust the height off the bar (so when i took it off my arms were about 90 degrees) If i had adjusted it i would be able too get perhaps 2-3 reps more per lift.
                I've done 4 reps with ~182 pounds a couple weeks ago, although then i had the weight taken into position by a spotter.

Incline DB: Actually felt pretty good! Haven't gone all the way down in a long time due too irritated rotator cuffs, but now i could get a REALLY DEEP STRETCH. The 3rd and 4th set were good!

CGBP: I actually found some pins too adjust the height off the bar with, so it got a bit easier then the normal bench! By the 3rd set i had too hurry up, so i cut the rest a bit short for that set, hence the drop in reps!

Overall a pretty mediocre workout!

PICS OFF MY PHYSIQUE COMING SOON!

Comment

GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AND STARTING A JOURNAL. I PROBABLY DONT QUALIFY TO GIVE ADVICE BECAUSE I MYSELF JUST STARTED MY JOURNAL A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. HOWEVER I CAN SAY YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR GOOD INFO AND ENCOURAGEMENT!!! SO KEEP AT IT BRO!! I BID U GREAT SUCCESS AT REACHING YOUR GOALS!!
                  http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=84829 -TRAINING JOURNAL

Comment

Originally posted by BigHoly View Post
                    GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AND STARTING A JOURNAL. I PROBABLY DONT QUALIFY TO GIVE ADVICE BECAUSE I MYSELF JUST STARTED MY JOURNAL A COUPLE MONTHS AGO. HOWEVER I CAN SAY YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR GOOD INFO AND ENCOURAGEMENT!!! SO KEEP AT IT BRO!! I BID U GREAT SUCCESS AT REACHING YOUR GOALS!!
                    Yeah and i hope for you too reach your goals aswell! Keep at it and one day you will have the physique off your dreams!

Comment

Up and down sessions are common, but a mediocre workout is always better than a shitty one. Good job on your pressing. Liking the way you don't overkill your workouts with volume as a beginner. Good work!

Comment

THIS WILL BE MY DIET FOR THE SUMMER (WILL ADD CARDIO WHEN WEIGHT LOSS STALLS)

MY GOAL IS TOO LOSE FAT EVENLY THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE SUMMER

EVERYTHING REGARDING NUMBERS AND EQVATIONS IN THIS POST I USED THE GUIDE LINES FROM THIS THREAD! http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=48532

Too calculate it i used the Harris-Benedict ecvation, which is the following formula:

BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age)

So for me using it i got the following numbers:

BMR = 66 + (13.7 x 96kg) + (5 x 191,5cm) - (6.8 x 17 years)= 2223.1 cals

After that i multied 2223.1 cals with an ACTIVITY LEVEL i thought reflected my activity throughout the day!

For my OFF-DAYS i chose the ACTIVITY LEVEL 1.4-Light activity
                        "By light activity we mean having a non-physical job (desk, computer, etc.) but performing some sort of physical activity during the day (e.g. above average walking) but no hard training."
                        This is a quote from the OP tammyp from the thread i linked at the top of this post!

For my ON-DAYS i chose the ACTIVITY LEVEL 1.6-Moderate Activity
                        "By moderate activity we mean having a non-physical job, performing some sort of physical activity during the day, and including a daily workout session in your routine. This is where most of you are at."
                        This is a quote from the OP tammyp from the thread i linked at the top of this post!

My job during the summer will be seated, but i will spend time with friends whom live a bit away from me, so i will ride my bicycle over to their place or wherever we decide to hang. IF YOU DON'T THINK THE ACTIVITY LEVEL I CHOSE REFLECTS MY DAILY ACTIVITIES, SAY SO!

Anyways, here comes the macros!

THIS IS WHAT I SHOT FOR BEFORE DECIDING MY FOODS:

NON-TRAINING DAYS APROX 2500 calories
                        My weight in lbs is aprox 212lbs
                        Protein: 212x1,2=255g protein
                        255x4=1020 cals

Fat: 212x0,4=85g fat
                        85x9=765cals

Carbs: 2500-1785=715
                        715/4=180g carbs

TRAINING DAYS APROX 2850 calories

Protein: 212x1,2=255g protein
                        255x4=1020 cals

Fat: 212x0,4=85g fat
                        85x9=765cals

Carbs: 2850-1785=1065
                        1065/4= 265g carbs

THIS IS WHAT I GOT AFTER DECIDING WHICH FOODS TOO USE

Protein-sources
                        1000g(1kg) Qvark = 120g protein 39g carbs 5g fat
                        300g lean ground beef (10%) = 60g protein 0 carbs 30g fat
                        6 egg-whites = 21g protein 0 carbs 0 fat
                        1 scoop ON Whey 100%= 24g protein 3g carbs 1g fat

201g protein
                        39g carbs
                        35g fat

Carb-sources
                        150g(On-days)whole-grain pasta 100g (Off-days)= 21g protein on 14g off, 90g carbs on 60g off, 6g fat on 4,5 off
                        100g whole-grain rice= 8g protein 73g carbs 2g fat
                        100g oat-meal (Only on-days)=13g protein 56g carbs 7g fat

49g protein on 29g off
                        219g carbs on 133 off
                        15g fat on 13.5 off

Fat-sources
                        2 tbsp rapsoil= 0g protein 0g carbs 15g fat
                        6g omega-3= 0g protein 0g carbs 6g fat

36g fat

TOTAL: On days: 274g protein 261g carbs 86g carbs
                        Off days: 253g protein 175g carbs 79g fat

WHAT I SHOT FOR PRIOR TOO SELECTING FOODS:
                        On days: 255g protein 265g carbs 85g fat
                        Off days: 255g protein 180g carbs 85g fat

SUMMARIZATION: After selecting foods i came pretty close too the macros i had set out too reach, although i got more then 20g more on training days then off-days! I will problably add a scoop off ON 100% Whey on my off-day too even things out and take a 20 min walk each day too compensate for it

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?! ANY POINTERS OR THOUGHTS ARE WELCOME!

Comment

All looks good to me, good complex carbs, proteins and low fat.

If I were you, I'd start adding cardio - low intensity style as much as possible...start out with a few days a week, of course your bike riding counts.

I've gotten much better results from long low intensity cardio...3-5 times a week.

And if you're not seeing fat loss like you want, cut the carbs down, making sure to eat those carbs earlier in the day rather than later.

You're in a great spot to learn alot, I know I have

Comment

BACK AND BICEP-WORKOUT!

BACK
                            BB-Row 155lbsx12 155lbsx12 175lbsx10 200lbsx6 200lbsx6
                            Chins BWx4 BWx4 BWx4 BWx4 BWx4

BICEPS
                            BB-Curls 55lbsx15 65lbsx9 65lbsx9

Commentary on todays workout
                            BB-Row: Went pretty good, felt powerful. The form was a little bit loose and not 90 degree because i don't find in comfortable being that bent over and my lower back kills me before my lats if i do so.

Chins: The bar is not that comfortable since it is so thick. I chin with the bar that go across two cable-stations or what they are called. Last 2 sets were performed whith a towel instead.

BB-Curls: Coulda gone heavier but had too go home since my father waited outside so i kept the rest a bit shorter. I usually shoot for about 3 mins between sets, i rested for maybe 1 min in between on these. But still, a great pump!

Comment

great session bro!

what kinda grip do you use in the rows?

Comment

Working...
                              X