Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Aesthetic Saiyan - Trying To Get Power Level Over 9000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLDL are a sick exercise. I usually keep my knees bent ever so slightly, like yukon said you're pretty much never supposed to lock out on most lifts anyways.

The most important thing (you probably already know) is to keep your back completely flat, a lot of guys that do SLDL allow their spine to curve down while theyre doing them... which is just begging for an injury. Try going 4 sets of 8-10 with two wheels, it looks like you have a good base already with those numbers.
    Don't give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about

Comment

Originally posted by fredh da star View Post

Chest
      1.Incline DB Press 65lbsX9 65lbsX9

2. Don't like it, will switch it for Guillotine Press next time

Hey man, how come so low set volume for your first exercise/most of your chest exercises?

And any reason you want to do guillotine press over bench press (now if you tell me your gym doesn't have a bench press either I know you're full of shit hahaha)
      Don't give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about

Comment

Originally posted by SethLondon View Post
        Hey man, how come so low set volume for your first exercise/most of your chest exercises?

And any reason you want to do guillotine press over bench press (now if you tell me your gym doesn't have a bench press either I know you're full of shit hahaha)
        Because they are taken to failure... Do you think i shall up the volume still? 5 set total for chest+the 7's at the end that's lighter but with shorter rest. I did 4 sets failure for tri's and 7's shorter rest lighter

Yeah at my gym you aren't allowed to do regular bench but you are allowed to do Guillotine's on the same bench.

Seriously though, apparently Guillotine is better for chest development then regular bench.

Some cat measured the activity within the muscle with EMG. Here's the links to all the body parts. Read the one about shoulders and traps first since he explain EMG in it.
        Shoulders and traps
        http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...00B59-he.hydra

Legs
        http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...de-the-muscles

Back and Biceps
        http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ceps_exercises

Chest and triceps
        http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...ceps_exercises

Abs
        http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...t-ab-exercises

Comment

The only thing I don't like about guillotine presses is that it puts your shoulder joint in a weaker position than on regular bench. Therefore going heavier you need to be cautious. Personally I'd rather take less range of motion and push more weight doing a regular bench press.

Just my two cents. Guillotine presses are very legit though. I used to do these religiously initially.

Comment

Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
            The only thing I don't like about guillotine presses is that it puts your shoulder joint in a weaker position than on regular bench. Therefore going heavier you need to be cautious. Personally I'd rather take less range of motion and push more weight doing a regular bench press.

Just my two cents. Guillotine presses are very legit though. I used to do these religiously initially.

I think they are both great exercises, personally i like them more then Flat DB... What do you think about the volume regarding my last workout?

Comment

I think they are both great exercises, personally i like them more then Flat DB... What do you think about the volume regarding my last workout?
              Hard to say unless I actually saw you training. Volume is too subjective I think, especially when on paper. Some people will include warm-up/pre-exhaustion sets, others like me don't write them in and just write down the set that counts - that one set we give it our all on.

The main thing is whether or not you are overloading the muscle. You can do one set all-out and overload the muscle, getting that growth stimulus. Even if that is your only set on that exercise, you still get that growth response. Then you could be doing 4 to 6 sets on an exercise, but if you aren't overloading the muscle, you aren't going to grow (putting aside beginner gains).

The question I ask you is:
              - Are you taking your set to failure and/or beyond? (I.e. beyond = throwing in partial reps when you can't get full ROM)

You should ideally being doing at least some warm-up sets with a relatively light to moderate weight. You won't grow off these sets, but they help out for that all-out set ... which brings me to the next part. One set minimum you should attempt to push to failure or beyond on each exercise. I probably wouldn't be doing more than 2 all-out sets per exercise however. That is the very basic approach to a guy at your age/stage.

Just keep in mind the importance of eating ... otherwise that training session going balls to the wall is a waste.

There are also other ways of overloading, but if I were in your shoes I would focus on just working to failure and trying to hit an extra rep or an extra 5lbs or the like ... continuing to move forward.

Hopefully you got something out of this cluster-fuck of a post ^_^

Comment

Hard to say unless I actually saw you training. Volume is too subjective I think, especially when on paper. Some people will include warm-up/pre-exhaustion sets, others like me don't write them in and just write down the set that counts - that one set we give it our all on.

The main thing is whether or not you are overloading the muscle. You can do one set all-out and overload the muscle, getting that growth stimulus. Even if that is your only set on that exercise, you still get that growth response. Then you could be doing 4 to 6 sets on an exercise, but if you aren't overloading the muscle, you aren't going to grow (putting aside beginner gains).

The question I ask you is:
                - Are you taking your set to failure and/or beyond? (I.e. beyond = throwing in partial reps when you can't get full ROM)

You should ideally being doing at least some warm-up sets with a relatively light to moderate weight. You won't grow off these sets, but they help out for that all-out set ... which brings me to the next part. One set minimum you should attempt to push to failure or beyond on each exercise. I probably wouldn't be doing more than 2 all-out sets per exercise however. That is the very basic approach to a guy at your age/stage.

Just keep in mind the importance of eating ... otherwise that training session going balls to the wall is a waste.

There are also other ways of overloading, but if I were in your shoes I would focus on just working to failure and trying to hit an extra rep or an extra 5lbs or the like ... continuing to move forward.

Hopefully you got something out of this cluster-fuck of a post ^_^
                Yep your post make sense... I did go to failure on all the 5 sets for chest and all the 4 sets for tri's. I'm sore as fuck in the chest today. On the 7's i hit failure on the last couple of the sets since the rest was only 30-45 secs so strength loss occured. But you think if training with high intensity my volume is adequate?

Comment

It's me birtday!

No training today, had too finish school work since grades will be set tomorrow! Don't worry though, i will grind some iron tomorrow!
                  Last edited by Aesthetic Saiyan; June 8, 2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Party like da star

Blaze it up, enjoy!

Comment

Yep your post make sense... I did go to failure on all the 5 sets for chest and all the 4 sets for tri's. I'm sore as fuck in the chest today. On the 7's i hit failure on the last couple of the sets since the rest was only 30-45 secs so strength loss occured. But you think if training with high intensity my volume is adequate?
                      Seemed pretty alright to me.

When you train with higher intensity sets, overall volume should decrease. I trained high volume and high intensity in the past, and always burnt out quick. In and out of over-training without question. Not very productive and not the best feeling in the world especially when the over-training mood swings set in, but I loved training that way.

Comment

KEEP KILLIN IT BRO!!! LET'S GO!!!
                        http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=84829 -TRAINING JOURNAL

Comment

Originally posted by BigHoly View Post
                          KEEP KILLIN IT BRO!!! LET'S GO!!!
                          YES SIR! Although no killing today either, i got to study for 4 math b tests i need to do tomorrow to pass the course... I'm not particularly good with numbers Well i'm good with +-x/ but this is some mumbo jumbo stuff!

Comment

Back and Biceps

Back
                            Chins 4 4
                            BB Rows 175X15 242,5lbsX3 dropseted too 175X10RP
                            DB Rows 75lbsX15 87,5lbsX10
                            7's Cable Pullovers ?X7 sets 30 sec rest in between

Biceps
                            BB Curl 65lbsX15 70lbsX10
                            DB Curl 30lbsX10 30lbsX10
                            7's Ez-bar Curls ?X7 sets 30 sec rest in between

I'm in the middle of downing a 1500 kcal meal... Oh yeah im not a big belivier in high meal frequency, this is my 2nd meal today... Eat when your hungry or feel low on energy, just make sure too eat roughly the same times each day too keep hormone levels stabile

Comment

Looks like you have a pretty damn good grasp on things.

Comment

Looks like you have a pretty damn good grasp on things.
                                Are you being sarcastic?

Comment

Working...
                                X