Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

need something to keep me motivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need something to keep me motivated

ok so ive been working out for a while, just not seriously, but during summer break ive decided to get serious about this shit come up with a plan and follow it diet and all, not that i eat bad to start with but everyone's diet could use a little cleaning up, so i'm 24 6'4" around 180 lbs. ive decided to go with a strength routine to hopefully put on some weight and get stronger when i go back to college in the fall. I'm going to be following a slightly modified version Bill Starr's 5x5 strength routine which is

Monday Heavy
    Squat 5x5
    Bench 5x5
    Deadlift 5x5
    Good mornings 2 sets
    Weighted sit up 4 sets

Wednesday light
    Squat 4x5
    incline Bench 4x5
    Deadlift 4x5
    Weighted sit up 3 sets

Friday medium
    Squat 4x5 1x3 1x8
    Bench 4x5 1x3 1x8
    Barbell row 4x5 1x3 1x8
    Dips 3 sets
    Barbell curls 3x8
    Triceps extensions 3x8

i thought about on wednesday instead of deadlifts doing chinups
    BEEFCAKE!!!!

How's this for motivation?
    Attached Files

Comment

best motivation ever
      BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

i think that it's too much! i would try working each body part twice a week at most and do only compound movements! If you are clean then that's a lot. i would try taining 4 days an week with uper body heavy mon, lower body light tues, thurs upper medium, fri lower heavy. working heavy upper and lower will exhaust your lower back from back on leg day! well, that's just my thoughts... good luck!

Comment

acctually the volume is pretty low 21 sets monday 15 sets wednesday and 27 on friday and alot of that is arm work
          BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

Go watch a few of the "In the Trenches" clips. Always gets me in the right frame of mind to train...
            https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
            https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

ok so after day 1 of this i think i almost died, deadlift squat and bench on the same day is bad unless youre freaking hercules or some shit but it being 100+ degrees with 60% humidity probably didnt help but none the less i think im going to split this up into three days with squat bench and deadlift plus supporting excercises on each day but still keep the 5x5 set and rep for the big 3 havent decided yet
              BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

so i tried the whole squat deadlift bench thing for week and about halfway thru each day i had nothing left in the tank so i split them up like this

Monday was
                Squat 4 sets 15 10 5 and 3 reps
                Leg curls 2 sets 6-8 reps each
                Good morning 2 sets 6-8 reps
                Calf raises 2 sets 6-8 reps
                Crunches 3 sets

Wednesday was
                Flat bench 4 sets 15 10 5 and 3
                Flyes 2 sets 6-8 reps
                Incline bench 2 sets 6-8 reps
                Behind the back dips 3 sets 6-8 reps
                Dumbell lateral raises 2 sets 6-8 reps

so far this is much better tonight is back and biceps
                BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tu_holmes View Post
                  How's this for motivation?
                  Brilliant!

Comment

tonight was back and biceps and it was facking hot, i started at 10:00 pm and it was still 80 F better than the 100 F for most of the day tho

so tonight was
                    Deadlift 2 sets 10 and 3 reps
                    Barbell rows 4 sets 15 10 5 and 3 reps
                    Upright rows 2 sets 6-8 reps
                    Zottman curls 3 sets 15 10 and 5 reps
                    Situps 3x15
                    BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

How about I chase you around in my truck

Comment

as far as nutritional motivation every time i start craving some sweets or something fatty i just go pop in Pumping Iron and look at the condition he held year round... motivation enough for me to hit a shake rather than a cupcake

Comment

woo chest night so tonight was good supper at 6:30 was chicken breast, potatoes, baked beans, cantelope and pickles so workout was at 9:00 after my workout i did something ive never done before on my last set of dumbell flyes i held the last rep in the stretched position as long as i could and fuck ive never had a pump like that before in all my life i think this was basically like extreme stretching for the doggcrapp but i could be wrong, so i just held it down there as long as i could and i almost made arnolds statement about the pump true
                          BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

almost.... but pretty fucking close im sure

Comment

so ive been slack and havent posted on my journal much probably because of this nasty ass spider bite i have on my leg thats gotten infected and the dr has me hopped up on antibiotics, maybe ill take a picture to share with you guys
                              BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X