Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

630 lb Raw Hook grip deadlift

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    to help prevent a bicep tear which I know several people have had using over/under.

    I tore my pec last year. No more torn muscles for me if i can do anything to prevent it. Not fun
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • #32
      The bar does not even bend, looks....well you know.....more of the same.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
        The bar does not even bend, looks....well you know.....more of the same.
        don't get your point?
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

        Comment


        • #34
          hook grips suck...just cuz i have short fingers.
          my strongman training
          Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


          Comment


          • #35
            I've started dead lifting in the same style, hook grips though--ouch, haven't tried it. Anyway that's a motivational video!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              don't get your point?
              Just post up the drug tested totals you get when you compete, plus a link to the fed and comp.

              Comment


              • #37
                Aye yi yi.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                  Just post up the drug tested totals you get when you compete, plus a link to the fed and comp.
                  my pleasure LOL

                  oye
                  Last edited by str8flexed; January 31, 2009, 01:14 AM.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    my pleasure LOL

                    oye
                    I am looking forward to it. Make sure to post the pseudo drug test as well.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Easy 650 in you. Congrats man nothing better than a good pull.
                      I am 6'4 300 U Mad?

                      www.myspace.com/vanillagorilla1980

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        yea, I wouldn't have a problem holding it longer, and will do so at a meet, just didn't see the point of holding it up real long during training. Thanks for the compliment, for whatever reason the grip feels good to me.

                        my hands did feel like they were on fire the next 6 hours though LOL

                        I used to hold the weight at the top but I didnt find much difference in my grip strength. I like to just lock it out then down after about 2 seconds. If I go heavy off the rack I do try and hold on to the weight longer if its above the weight I can pull off the floor.

                        I think your grip looks solid and your deadlift is impressive!!

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by ForemanRules View Post
                          I am looking forward to it. Make sure to post the pseudo drug test as well.
                          why so you can cynically ridicule that?

                          I like coming on here to share my experiences but to be honest I could really care less whether or not you think i'm drug free or whether or not you believe I actually lifted 630. I know what I am, what I stand for, and am comfortable in my own skin. I'm not going to spend my time trying to prove something to someone who has already made their mind up I'm not even sure if this meet is drug tested. If it is great, if not, then oh well, I'll have fun anyway. And if you want to use that as some kind of pseudo proof that I use drugs then knock yourself out.
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Layne loves all kinds of juice! Apple juice, grape juice, orange juice, the list goes on and on... Being strong as an ox doesn't mean hes on drugs, grow up.
                            straps are for kinky sex, or animal abuse.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              why so you can cynically ridicule that?

                              I like coming on here to share my experiences but to be honest I could really care less whether or not you think i'm drug free or whether or not you believe I actually lifted 630. I know what I am, what I stand for, and am comfortable in my own skin. I'm not going to spend my time trying to prove something to someone who has already made their mind up I'm not even sure if this meet is drug tested. If it is great, if not, then oh well, I'll have fun anyway. And if you want to use that as some kind of pseudo proof that I use drugs then knock yourself out.
                              We all know how important Foreman Rules opinion is...so you better go through the trouble of scanning pseudo drug tests, to prove to him your worth! That will really validate all of your hard work. Till then its all for nothing.


                              Layne, I have followed your progress over the past several years...starting back from the days on the "other forum"...and I must say, more impressive than the great progress you have made with your physique...is the change I have seen in your attitude. You now have a great outlook and perspective. I'm glad to see your no longer wasting your time dealing with people like Foreman Rules, as these people have their own issues to deal with. You know whats important, just keep being true to yourself. Keep it up.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                thanks man, I appreciate that. Foreman is entitled to his opinion certainly, but I see no point in posting up the results from a meet or 'pseudo drug-test' for someone who already has their mind made up. Don't see a whole lot of point in it.

                                Back in the day you are right, I did not handle those sorts of things well, I have tried my best to mature and better handle criticism and in some cases, downright insults.
                                BioLayne LLC
                                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X