Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Deadlift...What's Up??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlift...What's Up??

I've been lifting for 5 years now (4 committed), and I've always done deadlifts at the end of my back workout, I feel the back is nice and warmed up and I don't feel like it would get hurt easily. Lately I've been reading this mag and others and noticed that whenever I see a bodybuilders routine for back, it never includes deadlifts. Just curious if people think they're necessary.
    Deadlift at the End of Back Day
    31.18%
    Deadlift at the End of Leg Day
    2.15%
    Deadlift Earlier in Back Workout
    51.61%
    Deadlift Earlier in Leg Workout
    5.38%
    Switch It Up.. Like One Week Deadlift On Back Day.. Then Next Week On Leg Day.
    2.15%
    Don't Deadlift at All
    7.53%

anyone care to chime in?>

Comment

Never stop doing the basics son, your on the right track.

Comment

deadlifts/racklifts (done properly) work the back from top to bottom. a lot of bb's are afraid of hard work so they avoid them. dorian did em, ronnie did em...nuff said
        I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Deadlifts should be performed early in a back workout, after a good few sets of another exercise to thoroughly warm yourself up.
          My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

thanks guys...thats what ive been doing just thought it was odd that i dont see other bodybuilders identify this in their workouts often

Comment

Its the first exercise On my list after Chins for a few warm up sets. Cant go wrong with DL's done properly

Comment

I think they are a great lift and a big deadlift is bad ass. When I was training primarily for bodybuilding, I would do them on back day rotating between a heavy day where it would be my first lift and on width day I'd throw them in last or do rack pulls.

Now that I am powerlifting I do deadlifts on the same day the I do dynamic effort squatting, and I do rack pulls and defecit deadlifts on the days I am ME squatting or benching...split a little more complicated now, but the deadlift is going up in weight fast.
                https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

Dunno why people avoid them. One thing I notice is the guys that don't deadlift, lack a lot of thickness for the most part. They get the width no problem, but just no detail due to that lack of thickness. Don't think you can build a solid freaky back without them. Just my opinion.

Comment

no deads=no back.

Comment

I DL on a seperate day from back.

Comment

i do them at the end of a back workout since if i did them first i would be too tired and beat up to do anything else
                        Save up to 10% with discount code DKT737 at trueprotein.com

Comment

i prefer them at the end of back workout as it helps feel all the muscles of the back and keep em pumped when yu are about to leave the gym
                          Biglee's Blogs

Comment

I do them at the end also.
                            Sure its a good ego boost to do them early but I found hitting them last was a good time to do them. Plus my back felt better and I havent had lower back pain since doing them.
                            I have never done deads on a leg day, Stiff leg deads definately, but not full deads for your back.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBeef View Post
                              I do them at the end also.
                              Sure its a good ego boost to do them early but I found hitting them last was a good time to do them. Plus my back felt better and I havent had lower back pain since doing them.
                              I have never done deads on a leg day, Stiff leg deads definately, but not full deads for your back.
                              I tried it for a couple of weeks on leg day after squats. Sumo style. Just felt weird to me. So I stick to conventional deads on back day.

Comment

Working...
                              X