Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Training styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training styles

I know a few people have tried Trevor Smith's BFT (beyond failure or demon training). I have tried it and enjoyed it. How do you compair it to DC style. I have also ran DC for 2 months, but did not enjoy the lack of variety. Any thoughts?

i freakin love your avatar

Comment

Originally posted by homer77
      I know a few people have tried Trevor Smith's BFT (beyond failure or demon training). I have tried it and enjoyed it. How do you compair it to DC style. I have also ran DC for 2 months, but did not enjoy the lack of variety. Any thoughts?
      Have you tried the Mentzer style rest/pause HIT? It's is pretty intense, too.

Good training style, in my opinion, but you don't want to overdo it. 4-6 weeks is fine, then switch back to 'normal', whatever it is. Would be good to do some light training for a few weeks after that.

Comment

I have come to like a variation of Poliquin's German Body Composition for cutting... very good for depletion training on a CKD... I do full body workouts around my carb loads (one for sensitizing everthing to a carb load and one for brute strength using the three power movements - squat, deads, bench)...

I am about to embark on my first DC split to add some more beef. I expect it to produce very good results. In the past, I have found abbreviated type splits work very well. When you are at the point where can push a lot of weight - your body needs more time to recover and less overall volume.
        Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Originally posted by Danok
          Yes - this has been a problem for me in the past using DC is that I overtrained and didn't give myself enough time to recover. I learned the hard way...
          to fight overtraining i would supplement with N-acetyl-cystein from time to time.

600mg daily, up to 1200mg for a week or two.

Works also to fight roid side effects.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC)
          N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is a substance that acts as an antioxidant or free-radical scavenger. Most scientific articles related to liver protection with NAC emphasize this effect. NAC is frequently used in medical settings to treat liver toxicity associated with ingesting Tylenol (also poisonous mushrooms). In this situation, NAC is given orally or intravenously. In liver transplantation, NAC reduces liver injury associated with reperfusion (resumption of blood flow after transplant) (Taut et al. 2001; Weinbroum et al. 2001). NAC also has been found to improve liver blood flow and liver function in patients who have extremely critical infections such as septic shock (Rank et al 2000).

In ingestion of methanol (a very toxic form of alcohol different from the ethanol in alcoholic drinks), NAC partially prevented liver damage from methanol (Dobrzynska et al. 2000). Another study also showed that NAC slowed liver damage caused by methanol (Dobrzynska et al. 2000). In another experiment that used cocaine as a pro-oxidant, NAC was found to exert a protective effect by acting as a precursor for glutathione, a vitally important antioxidant and free-radical scavenger (Zaragoza et al. 2000). The best dietary sources of NAC are meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products (Young et al. 1994).

Comment

I find taking in a solid dose of the 3 essential BCAA's also helps fight overtraining fatigue... I am convinced of it.
            Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Im doing DC style training and im working with Troponin
              ultimate combo
              TEAM MUSCLETECH

Elite Prep Athlete

www.thenextlevelnutrition.com

Comment

I was doing some serious volume workouts for the last few months, now since my diet's start date is within sight, I'll switch to much heavier weights, lower volume. My main (compound) exercise in each of my workouts gets a 5x5, my stretch exercise will get 3x6-8reps, and the isolation exercise(s) will get 3x8-10reps. Kind of like a POF workout but with some changes in sets and reps.
                Currently: PowerBuilding

Comment

Originally posted by Danok
                  Yes - this has been a problem for me in the past using DC is that I overtrained and didn't give myself enough time to recover. I learned the hard way...
                  I have just started DC training over the past couple months. It seems to be working well. I found that I need to keep my warmup sets lighter (than normal) in order to prevent overtraining. I also throw in a week of high intensity circuit style training for variety, and to avoid overtraining. After the week change I feel a lot stronger when I lift heavy again. I also found it gives my joints a needed break.

Although I'm relatively weak - som maybe it's different if you have more mass.

Comment

Working...
                  X