Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Do Squats make you sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Squats make you sick?

It seem every time I squat, I feel sick to my stomach towards the end of my leg workout. If I leg press I'm fine, but the squat kicks my ass. Anyone else feel this way after a hard 4 to 5 sets of squats. I start with 15 reps the first set, and work my way down to 6 reps. Maybe because I'm 46 years old and I try to train like I did when I was 25.
    Last edited by sax; December 23, 2010, 09:55 PM.

How long do you wait to train after you eat? If I train legs less than two hours after I've eaten I get the same way.
    Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Comment

I almost puke after every leg day ! Yet I do squats and deads on the same day.
      "My heart is calm and pure …pure EVIL!" Vegeta

Comment

That is usually the sign of a darn good workout!! So it is nothing out of the ordinary, thats usually how every leg workout ends for me, but extensions and presses tend to calm that feeling, but a question are you having and milk close to your workouts, that will definitely cause a sick feeling during legs, due to it stirring up your stomach with training such a major body part.
        AAEFX Board Rep....www.aaefx.com

Comment

You can try and mitigate it by focusing on training in the higher rep ranges for a while. I could never go beyond 8 reps without borderline puking on that final set, but after I focused hard on high rep leg pressing (20 - 40 reps) and higher rep front squats, the feeling went away. I can hit 11 - 15 reps now before I get that feeling coming on.

Comment

Yes, they make you sick and they can kill you. Quit them and just ride a bike.
            Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

Working...
            X