Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Blacked Out!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacked Out!!!!

Today after I did my dead lifts I walked over to my gym bag maybe 10ft away and felt my heart skip a beat then hit the floor. Luckly I was able to get to the ground without busting my head or going out completely. The weird thing was I had already re-racked my weight and was not really doing anything out of the ordinary. I had a EKG ran and blood work and all that came out normal. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else????
    "Yesterday don't mean shit"

So... Your sayin you passed out 3-4 min after the set was over?
    http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

I didn't go totally out and it was more like 1-2min max. I re-racked the weight fairly quickly then walked over to my bag.

Comment

Give us more info. Like what you had eaten that day. Sups. Were you breathing correctly during the lift? Or after. Shit like that.

Oh, and do you know this guy?

Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

I want to see how his face looked after that.
          "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Comment

I had had 2 meals before the workout and the only thing I could consider a supplement was a Monster Energy Drink about 10 min before I started lifting. As for breathing I have a tendency to not breath correctly through the lift when I do deads. After the lift I had enough time to re-rack my weight and walk over to my gym bag. The only thing that I can think of is when I went from that last set I cooled down to fast resulting in my blood pressure to bottom out. It was just weird that it did not happen right away like that video.

Comment

that is a thinker
              Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

i've seen this happen a few times from people holding their breath while doing heavy deads and squats and leg presses. usually right after the set but have seen it happen up to a couple minutes after set.

Comment

Originally posted by D MATT View Post
                  i've seen this happen a few times from people holding their breath while doing heavy deads and squats and leg presses. usually right after the set but have seen it happen up to a couple minutes after set.
                  Thanks man!! It was some wild shit!

Comment

I've come close to passing out a few times, but this was within 10 secs of re-racking. Happens a lot actually when I'm trying to break a rep PR and pushing those double digit reps.

Comment

Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
                      I've come close to passing out a few times, but this was within 10 secs of re-racking. Happens a lot actually when I'm trying to break a rep PR and pushing those double digit reps.
                      I was breaking my PR for reps when it happened as well. The pass out part really does not bother me it freaked me out a little because my heart felt like it skipped a beat.
                      thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Newimage9 View Post
                        I want to see how his face looked after that.
                        He knocked out a tooth! thats what it said on the youtube blog anyway.
                        My job allows me to break shit without consequences or repercussions!!

Comment

Hey man get into the habit of breathing in and out heavily after every set after you already have been breathing during the set. You could've been holding your breath a bit or barely breathing, sometimes I catch myself doing that when it's tasks like texting a long message. Relevant because you might have been thinking and not breathing, sounds stupid but it happens more then you think.
                          Those who can't, say YOU can't

Comment

I think the eal problem you should be asking us about is why you drank a monster energy drink before you entered a gym. :-o

Comment

Originally posted by JOSHDAVE View Post
                              Today after I did my dead lifts I walked over to my gym bag maybe 10ft away and felt my heart skip a beat then hit the floor. Luckly I was able to get to the ground without busting my head or going out completely. The weird thing was I had already re-racked my weight and was not really doing anything out of the ordinary. I had a EKG ran and blood work and all that came out normal. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else????
                              Kinda weird. I did have something similar but it was during a set of widow maker squats. Unless you went hypo I don't know about this one and Dr.'s are fucking clueless when it comes to anything about BBing or lifting in general for that matter so they won't be able to tell you anything.

Only thing the DR told me was that I shouldn't take steroids which I wasn't (at the time) and he wanted to do a spinal tap to see if I had menigitis so...
                              www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

Comment

Working...
                              X