Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts?

Hi I just started doing deadlifts the way dorian explained going just below the knees which uses just back rather than legs..I'm getting alot stronger with the movement but I havn't seen much difference in my back? Is there anything I might be doing wrong? I squeeze it back also

IMO DL is not the way to build a back.... Only to make the abs and erectors thicker, they by makin the waist bigger.

If you want to thickin up the lower back and erectors do bent row, much better for building a strong "looking" back.
    http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Thanks man, I always did the standard cable and seated row type excercises and never got thickness so everyone said to try deadlifts? It's the best mass builder so on and so forth..Especially for mid traps and I'm seeing none of that.

Comment

For me it was the bent row for sure... The same way Dorian does but not with the under hand grip( to much strain on the bicep).

When first starting them keep the reps to 8-12. As the motion becomes better and easyer for you you can bring the reps down to 5-10. But don't be in a rush to get down to the heavy low reps.
        http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Hey man I did those this week too. Felt it way better, and pumped like a mother fucker. It just takes time, bent rows are great too as stated.
          Those who can't, say YOU can't

Comment

How long have you been deadlifting anyways?
            https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

thanks for the replies guys..@ Austin bicep..been doing them for about 4 months i do 285 for 6 reps and started doing 225 for about 8...Im geting stronger but see no difference in my traps or back

Comment

Originally posted by cstrong10 View Post
                Hi I just started doing deadlifts the way dorian explained going just below the knees which uses just back rather than legs..I'm getting alot stronger with the movement but I havn't seen much difference in my back? Is there anything I might be doing wrong? I squeeze it back also
                When you say "I squeeze it back", does that mean that you pull back at the top of the lift and then "squeeze it back"?
                My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

yea cock my traps and shoulders back

Comment

Working...
                  X