Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Benching and your head.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benching and your head.

Listen guys been watching a few vids on MD and i seen so many bodybuilders lifting there head of the bench when they are pressing, what is that all about?

I tried it and it strained my neck and i lost my arch...
    Bench/140kg,Squat/170kg,Deadlift/200kg,Closed 300lb Gripper & COC 3

i keep my back pretty flat and lift my head. Just feels better for me. Not sure if there is an advantage to it besides personal comfort.
    your only as strong as your mind, so consider yourself weak.
    Yep...cats before cunts like my grandma always used to say. - BBOY

Comment

i keep my back flat and head up also.it is a comfort thing to me as well.
      Ride the stache!

Comment

this is a good way to not do it

Comment

A lot of PL'ers I train around say they can lift more by arching their back but keeping their head on the bench. Guess you just need to experiment and find out what puts you in an optimal body position to lift heavy weight.

NB: Look at my avi for example, that's heavy weight for me (270 is my 1RM right now), back has a slight arch but my head stays put on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by TinyStyley View Post
            A lot of PL'ers I train around say they can lift more by arching their back but keeping their head on the bench. Guess you just need to experiment and find out what puts you in an optimal body position to lift heavy weight.

NB: Look at my avi for example, that's heavy weight for me (270 is my 1RM right now), back has a slight arch but my head stays put on the bench.
            The way i bench is like a powerlifter, my heads on the bench i arch so im on my upper back and my feet are placed right back under my ass nearly! I wasnt asking how to bench you might of misunderstood me. just wondering why people lift there head up ive seen branch warren and trey brewer doing it. sorry guys didnt mean to confuse you.

Comment

S'all good mate, I've noticed Jay always benches with his head off the bench. No idea why, feels uncomfortable to me.
              I'm the same as you in terms of having my feet behind me, was something I started doing a few months back and just feels better.
              When I opened this thread (because of the title), I presumed it was going to be about mental approaches to benching haha. That would be an interesting discussion as well

Comment

Originally posted by TinyStyley View Post
                S'all good mate, I've noticed Jay always benches with his head off the bench. No idea why, feels uncomfortable to me.
                I'm the same as you in terms of having my feet behind me, was something I started doing a few months back and just feels better.
                When I opened this thread (because of the title), I presumed it was going to be about mental approaches to benching haha. That would be an interesting discussion as well
                I've benched like powerlifter for 2 years now and its taken my bench from 80kg to 140kg over the normal way you bench. No just wanted to know why people do it.

Comment

Only time I will move my head off the bench is when I'm trying to find a weight that will touch with my shirt on... Right now cuz of my size and the shirt 540 kinda hovers about .5" off my chest, other times it touches.... So that's why I do it.
                  http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/...st-part-1.html

watch this video from 2:15- 3:00. He says when you lift your head off the bench it makes it where you can utilize your back into helping you bench (like the powerlifters do). but if you keep your head flat on the bench that wont happen.

i keep my head flat on bench (i never tried to raise it) but thats because i like everything to be tight from my feet all the way to my head, i was taught to be solid as a rock when you bench.

Comment

Working...
                    X