Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

"The Truth" w/ Eric Broser (Q&A and Training Articles)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tallguy21 View Post
    hey Eric, I had a question for ya...being that i'm somewhat poor lol...I tend to be hasty w/what supplements I spend my money on..

I was thinking about doing no shotgun again, sticking w/whey, thinking about adding in a creatine mono for off days and maybe mix in w/shotgun (what do you think?)

and of course I'll do my multi vitamin, omega 3's and I also do uniliver for my bcaas, as well as whey has those in it also..

is there anything you think I could benefit from? I was thinking for taking something for nighttime...for recovery..I was honestly thinking about taking a tbooster (not sure if it would be worth it at age 25) maybe zma or some arginine? what do you think?

I know diet is the most important part and i'm definitely trying to throw down the food and get my bodyweights worth of protein or even more..just looking for some extra if I can get it..

thanks
    At 25 you do not need a test booster, that is for sure.

I think you have the basics, which is all that is REALLY needed.

The only thing you COULD take for night time is something that could help you sleep more efficiently. ALRI Lean Dreams works pretty well for me, as long as I take it 5 on, 2 off.

Most of the year all I use is whey, BCAA's, glutamine, EFA's, creatine, beta alanine, and a multivitamin.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Originally posted by dr intensity View Post
      hey eric,
      i was planning to 4 .... 3 weeks cycles of the basic power /rep range/shock training system in my offseason.....
      i firmly believe in the concept of progressive overload so i was wondering how much increase in the lifting poundages should i aim for at the end of each 3 week cycle.... is ok if i try to increase 10 pounds on compound movements and 5 pounds on isolation movements with same rep scheme you`ve given after each 3 week cycle.... or am i aiming too much....

wud really appreciate ur advice....
      thank you
      I think it is hard to predict how much strength you CAN or WILL gain cycle to cycle, but I do not think your guesstimates/goals are out of reach. They sound rather reasonable and reachable.

IF you find you strength is not increasing as fast as you like after a couple of cycles, try switching to P/RR/P/S to work your nervous system and high threshold muscle fibers more often.
      NGA
      PRO BODYBUILDER
      PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• I have once again re-read this thread. UNREAL knowledge in here.

You are the definition of FREAK-a-NOMICS my friend...

Comment

• Originally posted by godstrength View Post
          I have once again re-read this thread. UNREAL knowledge in here.

You are the definition of FREAK-a-NOMICS my friend...

Thank you!
          NGA
          PRO BODYBUILDER
          PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Hey Eric,

My question for you is what's your take on putting about 20-30 grams of BCAA's in a jug of water and drinking it throughout the day? The BCAA's also have glutamine and vitamin c added to it as well. Do you think it's a good idea to drink it throughout the day. Do BCAA's go bad after being in water a while? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbreed View Post
              Hey Eric,

My question for you is what's your take on putting about 20-30 grams of BCAA's in a jug of water and drinking it throughout the day? The BCAA's also have glutamine and vitamin c added to it as well. Do you think it's a good idea to drink it throughout the day. Do BCAA's go bad after being in water a while? Thanks.
              This is a fine idea and yes, they will keep through the day. Just remember to shake it up before you sip.

Also, try to drink most in between meals.
              NGA
              PRO BODYBUILDER
              PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Coach, how much water do you advocate consuming day to day??

Comment

• Originally posted by bodyfx2 View Post
                  This is a fine idea and yes, they will keep through the day. Just remember to shake it up before you sip.

Also, try to drink most in between meals.
                  Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by godstrength View Post
                    Coach, how much water do you advocate consuming day to day??

NGA
                    PRO BODYBUILDER
                    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbreed View Post
                      Thank you.
                      NGA
                      PRO BODYBUILDER
                      PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• OK I DID NOT LOVE ERICS COLUMN BUT IT WAS DIFFERENT THAN THE REST OF THE MAGAZINE KAI AND OSCAR ARE CORNY I RESPECT THEIR ACHIEVMENTS but im not fans of two guys hanging out for a month ALONE ISNT THAT VERRED.AGAIN NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK JUST WOULD RATHER READ SOMETHING ELSE
                        "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
                          OK I DID NOT LOVE ERICS COLUMN BUT IT WAS DIFFERENT THAN THE REST OF THE MAGAZINE KAI AND OSCAR ARE CORNY I RESPECT THEIR ACHIEVMENTS but im not fans of two guys hanging out for a month ALONE ISNT THAT VERRED.AGAIN NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK JUST WOULD RATHER READ SOMETHING ELSE
                          Well, I hope you at least liked it. I know Planet Muscle did
                          NGA
                          PRO BODYBUILDER
                          PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• I JUST WAS UNFAMILIAR WITH YOU AND YOU NEVER HAD ENOUGH SPACE THEN YOU HAD TO SHARE SPACE. I WAS GETTING MORE INTERESTED IN YOU IDEAS AND POOF UR GONE IM GONNA GO BACK AND READ THIS THREAD OF YOURS.i have read both of OSCARS COLUMNS SO FAR AND HES SOUNDS MORE LIKE SOME PHILISOPHICAL KAI CHEERLEADER AND HE HAS USED A WHOLE LOT OF SPACE TOO SAY VERY LITTLE. SAME FOR THAT NEW DOCTOR GUY I HAVE NEVER READ SOMEONE BRAG ON THEMSELVES SO MUCH
                            "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• i have recently been using HIT the original version.What r your thoughts on JONES MENTZER DARDEN YATES DC TYPE TRAINING? appreciate you taking the time to converse with me.Dont you have a book where could iget it? AMAZON? THANX
                              "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
                                I JUST WAS UNFAMILIAR WITH YOU AND YOU NEVER HAD ENOUGH SPACE THEN YOU HAD TO SHARE SPACE. I WAS GETTING MORE INTERESTED IN YOU IDEAS AND POOF UR GONE IM GONNA GO BACK AND READ THIS THREAD OF YOURS.i have read both of OSCARS COLUMNS SO FAR AND HES SOUNDS MORE LIKE SOME PHILISOPHICAL KAI CHEERLEADER AND HE HAS USED A WHOLE LOT OF SPACE TOO SAY VERY LITTLE. SAME FOR THAT NEW DOCTOR GUY I HAVE NEVER READ SOMEONE BRAG ON THEMSELVES SO MUCH
                                Thank you for those words bro.

Luckily Iron Man and now, Planet Muscle, magazines realize the value of my ideas.
                                NGA
                                PRO BODYBUILDER
                                PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

Working...
                                X