Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

"The Truth" w/ Eric Broser (Q&A and Training Articles)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    i have recently been using HIT the original version.What r your thoughts on JONES MENTZER DARDEN YATES DC TYPE TRAINING? appreciate you taking the time to converse with me.Dont you have a book where could iget it? AMAZON? THANX
    I am a believer in the high intensity/lower volume method of training, but also feel that VARIATION in protocols is needed regularly to continue gaining muscle...thus my creation of PRRS and FDFS.

I co-wrote a book with Author L Rea and now have a DVD and E-book all about PRRS.

And it is my pleasure to chat with you.
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• where can i get the book didnt see it on amazon? i started doing more volume this week I AM SUPER SORE
      "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• Originally posted by bodyfx2 View Post
        Thank you for those words bro.

Luckily Iron Man and now, Planet Muscle, magazines realize the value of my ideas.
        Good to know Eric. I'll be checking those out.

Comment

• Originally posted by G.STEELE View Post
          I just so happen to have a subscription to PM. I will certainly be looking forward to it even more now!

Comment

where can i get the book didnt see it on amazon? i started doing more volume this week I AM SUPER SORE
            You can get BTPN directly through me.
            NGA
            PRO BODYBUILDER
            PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Originally posted by G.STEELE View Post
              Awesome, thank you!
              NGA
              PRO BODYBUILDER
              PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Originally posted by the_genetic_freak View Post
                I just so happen to have a subscription to PM. I will certainly be looking forward to it even more now!
                Aha! Then you are ahead of the game!!
                NGA
                PRO BODYBUILDER
                PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• hey eric,

i have been reading alot about genetics and bodybuilding ... and i have come to know winning competitions is all about hard work + mass + conditioning + separation+ symmetry + wide shoulders + narrow waist + perfect flow+ genetics+ round muscle bellies + no weak points............
                  and now i do understand that i cannot win championships....i am 5 feet 8 inches 26 years old... 195 pounds with ten percent bodyfat.... have been training for 4 years.... i can bench press 330 x 10 and deadlift 405 x 12 squat 450 x 9 reps with execellent form...........grown from 120 pounds to 195 pounds

my question is about gaining muscle mass ..... in my opinion a person can gain musle mass till he can progressively overload......evry year the rate of progressively overloading decreases.... but one can still move forward inspite of the slower rate...

can a person with average genetics be a muscular 240 pounds.... bench press 405 x 10
                  squat 500 x10 and deadlift 500 x10..... if he can put in all his resources year after year to progressively overload......or is it impossible for people like me........

wud appreciate your advice
                  thankyou

wud really appreciate your advice
                  thank you
                  Mike Arnold coaching/contest prep: mikearnold2010@live.com

Comment

• read the first arm training article on this thread GREAT IDEA PUTTIN PULLUPS AT the end of biceps workout YA know MENTZER SAID UNDERHAND PULLDOWN WAS ONE OF THE FEW TRUE BICEP ISOLATING EXERCISES.he said barbell curl involved 2much front delts what are your thoughts?THANX
                    "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• been reading ironman just for your column love how you turned a guys variable work schedule into a positive good stuff
                      "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

read the first arm training article on this thread GREAT IDEA PUTTIN PULLUPS AT the end of biceps workout YA know MENTZER SAID UNDERHAND PULLDOWN WAS ONE OF THE FEW TRUE BICEP ISOLATING EXERCISES.he said barbell curl involved 2much front delts what are your thoughts?THANX
                        I don't think underhand grip pulldowns are such a great isolator, but they are excellent to hit the bis in a somewhat different way, especially at the end of the workout. Just as BB curls will somewhat involve the anterior delts, the underhand grip pullup will affect the lats to some degree.
                        NGA
                        PRO BODYBUILDER
                        PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

been reading ironman just for your column love how you turned a guys variable work schedule into a positive good stuff
                          Thank you so much!
                          NGA
                          PRO BODYBUILDER
                          PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Originally posted by dr intensity View Post
                            hey eric,

i have been reading alot about genetics and bodybuilding ... and i have come to know winning competitions is all about hard work + mass + conditioning + separation+ symmetry + wide shoulders + narrow waist + perfect flow+ genetics+ round muscle bellies + no weak points............
                            and now i do understand that i cannot win championships....i am 5 feet 8 inches 26 years old... 195 pounds with ten percent bodyfat.... have been training for 4 years.... i can bench press 330 x 10 and deadlift 405 x 12 squat 450 x 9 reps with execellent form...........grown from 120 pounds to 195 pounds

my question is about gaining muscle mass ..... in my opinion a person can gain musle mass till he can progressively overload......evry year the rate of progressively overloading decreases.... but one can still move forward inspite of the slower rate...

can a person with average genetics be a muscular 240 pounds.... bench press 405 x 10
                            squat 500 x10 and deadlift 500 x10..... if he can put in all his resources year after year to progressively overload......or is it impossible for people like me........

wud appreciate your advice
                            thankyou

wud really appreciate your advice
                            thank you
                            Very difficult to answer this question accurately, but using myself as an example...I have average to lower than average genetics as far as I am concerned. I started out barely bench pressing a bar and weighing 125 lbs at almost 6 feet tall. I eventually reached 273 lbs, although it was sloppy, and benched 495 and deadlifted 600 or so. I hurt my back squatting and after that never tried to push my numbers high on that exercise again.

That said...it took me about 10 years of VERY DEDICATED, GUT BUSTING, INTELLIGENT, CONSISTENT WORK, with total sacrifices made in my life to make it there.

Yes, it CAN be done, but you have to truly pour your soul into it.
                            NGA
                            PRO BODYBUILDER
                            PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

where can i get the book didnt see it on amazon? i started doing more volume this week I AM SUPER SORE
                              You want to be even more sore? Add more intensity!
                              "A LIMIT IS A TEMPORARY LEVEL OF ACCOMPLISHMENT THAT CAN BE SURPASSED"

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMBOris View Post
                                You want to be even more sore? Add more intensity!
                                im 280 lbs and i normally do HIT DARDEN JONES STYLE WHO ASKED YOU?
                                "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

Working...
                                X