Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

"The Truth" w/ Eric Broser (Q&A and Training Articles)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheKillerOfSaints View Post
    DUDE I WAS 297 LAST YEAR....AND SINC E THAT TIME I HAVE DROPPED TO AROUND 275 JUST BY CUTTING OUT JUNK FOOD AND SODAS....SHRINKING PORTIONS ...AND GETTING BACK INTO THE GYM...BUT I SEEM TO HAVE HIT A WALL WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS....WHAT DO YOU THINK SHOULD BE THE NEXT STEP FOR ME TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL....DRAMATIC CHANGE SEEMS TO CAUSE MAJOR WAter WEIGHT LOSS BUT IT COMES BACK WITH A VENGANCE...HERE ARE MY B4 AND AFTER PICS SO FAR
    Do not see any pics, but sounds to me like its time to tighten diet further and/or begin institutung cardio into your program!
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Hey Eric,
      would you ever use a heart rate monitor that tracks your heart rate and tells you when to start your next set (like the watch below) or would you rather go by feel and start each set when your breathing has recovered and your heart rate has normalized.
      http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/produc...straining/FT80

Comment

• fat guy triple threat 005.jpg59015_157099900976675_100000299987822_422704_7505240_n.jpgTRI 024 (2).jpgARM 001 (2).jpgdravin and the back 019 (2).jpgFAT SHIT 014 (2).jpgBACK STUFF 011 (2).jpg009 (2).jpg005 (2).jpgDSC00322_1.jpgb4<<<<<, shit that post was hella old.......shit im 295 again in the other pics just started a new cut......that belly shot is at 295
        "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

• Originally posted by SuprMann View Post
          Hey Eric,
          would you ever use a heart rate monitor that tracks your heart rate and tells you when to start your next set (like the watch below) or would you rather go by feel and start each set when your breathing has recovered and your heart rate has normalized.
          http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/produc...straining/FT80
          Well, in 20 years of training I never felt the need to use a monitor such as that and have always gone by feel (unless I am in a phase where I am specifically regulating my rest periods). That said, I would never tell anyone NOT to use one if they felt it valuable.
          NGA
          PRO BODYBUILDER
          PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]221765[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221762[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221761[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221760[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221758[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221757[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]221756[/ATTACH]b4<<<<<, shit that post was hella old.......shit im 295 again in the other pics just started a new cut......that belly shot is at 295
            I actually had no idea that post was there! Sorry! It never came up in my email...weird. Dude, you are a big man!
            NGA
            PRO BODYBUILDER
            PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• yeah sorry bout all the fat and hair
              "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

yeah sorry bout all the fat and hair
                LOL...nothing to be sorry about bro!
                NGA
                PRO BODYBUILDER
                PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• So Eric, how do you gauge the efficiency of your training? I tend to judge by my soreness. Anyways, i'm looking to up my training intensity. I'm well aware of intensity techniques: dropsets, supersets, rest-pause, etc..Most of the time i tend to do 15 sets per body part 4 or 5 exercises. I'm wondering how i could incorporate these techniques with hurting my gains. Should i try one technique for a week and then change to another for the next week?

Also, i was wondering about how many sets and reps do you recommend for biceps and triceps? I usually do 10 sets for bis, and 10 for tris. It has worked well so far, but just wondering what your input was.

Thanks in advanced!

Comment

• Originally posted by miralgandhi View Post
                    So Eric, how do you gauge the efficiency of your training? I tend to judge by my soreness. Anyways, i'm looking to up my training intensity. I'm well aware of intensity techniques: dropsets, supersets, rest-pause, etc..Most of the time i tend to do 15 sets per body part 4 or 5 exercises. I'm wondering how i could incorporate these techniques with hurting my gains. Should i try one technique for a week and then change to another for the next week?

Also, i was wondering about how many sets and reps do you recommend for biceps and triceps? I usually do 10 sets for bis, and 10 for tris. It has worked well so far, but just wondering what your input was.

Thanks in advanced!
                    I do judge somewhat by soreness, but I pretty much can tell during/right after my workout as to whether it was a really good one or not. It is just a sense I get from how I connected with all the exercises, how good my pump was, and how my muscles feel at the completion.

You should look at my PRRS training protocol. You may like the way it works the muscles differently each week.

As for bis and tris, I may only do 7 sets or so for each.
                    NGA
                    PRO BODYBUILDER
                    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Hey Eric.
                      I always enjoyed your articles in MD & your thread here is Very good source of information.
                      Thank you for taking the time to post here.

Have a Great Thanksgiving!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron8 View Post
                        Hey Eric.
                        I always enjoyed your articles in MD & your thread here is Very good source of information.
                        Thank you for taking the time to post here.

Have a Great Thanksgiving!
                        Hey, thanks so much for those kind words! Wish I was still writing for MD!

I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
                        NGA
                        PRO BODYBUILDER
                        PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Eric, great to see you on here. What's your overall view of the clean and jerk exercise. Do you incorporate this movement into your weekly workout regiment?

Thanks!

Comment

• Eric, great to see you on here. What's your overall view of the clean and jerk exercise. Do you incorporate this movement into your weekly workout regiment?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by BelieverInHIT View Post
                              Eric, great to see you on here. What's your overall view of the clean and jerk exercise. Do you incorporate this movement into your weekly workout regiment?

Thanks!
                              Thanks old friend! I think this is a great exercise for building explosive power, but as a bodybuilder I do not incorporate it myself. However, I do use this with the many athletes of have trained.
                              NGA
                              PRO BODYBUILDER
                              PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Comment

• Having more devellopment on left side of chest can anyone help???
                                Ive tried everything i can think of and everything the people at my gym have suggested.
                                A bit about me so you know what your dealing with... 6' 212lbs Right hand dominant..

Comment

Working...
                                X