Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

suggestions for serious Baltimore - Glen Burnie MD gyms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for serious Baltimore - Glen Burnie MD gyms?

I'm moving to the area in late summer and need to start looking for a decent gym - preferably Baltimore (AA County), Curtis Bay, Glen Burnie, Pasadena.

I've done some research and have stopped by one or two when there for a week. Bally's, Planet Fitness, and Big Vanilla are definitely out (the latter only has weights to 80lbs since they don't want "those" kind of people to join????). I've never been to World Gym in Glen Burnie. Gold's in Marley Station and the one further north are possibilities. I'm not getting any leads for hard-core serious gyms even after trying various searches. That's a bit disheartening since I currently belong to two serious hardcore independent gyms near where I currently live.

Requirements - good free weights area with the usual cables, benches, t-bar, etc; good assortment of plate-loaded or regular machines, including at least a lying leg curl; some cardio; preferably members who respect others and equipment and are willing to help out when needed; few posers; possibility of finding a workout partner who has similar goals (and a trainer at a fair rate when needed to work on diet, routine), etc. Sounds obvious but it's not easy to find a good gym.

Any comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.

First, my condolensces on moving out to baldymore (where you moving from).
    Can't stand that area, those annoying accents, humidity, the city is a shithold, and god i hate the orioles.

Most gyms are sure are fine, but finding a good training partner...that's hard at any gym. Most here I believe train solo.
    My Journal:

Comment

Originally posted by bluecountry View Post
      First, my condolensces on moving out to baldymore (where you moving from).
      Can't stand that area, those annoying accents, humidity, the city is a shithold, and god i hate the orioles.

Most gyms are sure are fine, but finding a good training partner...that's hard at any gym. Most here I believe train solo.
      Unfortunately I've lived there before moving overseas. That's why Bally's is out of the picture as are some of the other gyms in Glen Burnie, Pasadena. My gym over here is great - run by an IFBB pro, in a former church, some cobwebs in the ceiling, but great atmosphere, tailored for weights/bodybuilding/powerlifting, no posers, good group of people. Going to miss that.

Comment

Working...
      X