Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

If You Don't Have A Spot...does BB Bench Make Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98% of the time i dont havea spotter but then again maybe thats why i dont have a huge chest. But rep/pause sets are good to add in if you still wanna go heavy or to failure imo

Comment

i do bench press with BB by myself until i go to max and i ask someone to spot me. there is nothing wrong with asking for a spot, better safe than crushed.

Comment

if u can't go to failure it aint worth it

Comment

Originally posted by robbie2525 View Post
          if u can't go to failure it aint worth it
          i 2nd that brother

Comment

I bench and go to a gym and never been told no for a spot except one time at a planet fitness gym(go figure)if the gym is comp.empty and I have a heavy day ill use a power rack and the bottom hole is inch or so from cheast so I put plates under bench to get chest level...if u get stuck u just roll it bqackwards on the pins....there is always a way...or u can always do speed bench and dumbells and next week get a spot for a heavy set
            save 10% @ thesupplementsyndicate.com with code DK10

Comment

I bench at home, so I don't have a spotter. I just try to lower the bar slower when I can't continue lifting it up and then I slowly roll up the barbell or move the barbell so that the weight from the one side drops and then that happens to the other side.
              I lift dangerously :P

But I think incline bench is a more safe exercise for those who don't have spotter.
              And decline is the most dangerous!

Comment

I have gone without a spotter most of my life. That said, I used to do even bench without one. Ever see a guy pinned under a barbell and have to rock to one side to get some of the weight off? What is that theory? Equal and opposite reaction?
                -- Infinite Labs Rep -- Are you a Juggernaut? http://www.iamjuggernaut.com

Comment

Working...
                X