Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

training legs with herniated discs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training legs with herniated discs.....

so this is my dilema..i'm going to do a show next year. I have 2 discs herniations at l4/l5 and l5/s1...YES and and a pinched sciatic nerve! I need to slightly bring my legs and chest fullness up (this is just about legs My chest will be fine) . As of now i'm able to do leg extensions, leg curls, super heavy leg presses, walking lunges and OCASSIONALLY front squats and i do mean OCASSIONALLY. I use 2 different leg press, leg extensions, and leg curl machines. Is there any other crazy shit i could do that i'm not aware of?? Anyone else have this problem??? Oh and i've also been getting away with some x-squat or cross squats i'm not sure what to call them i seen tony freeman doing them but they kind of suck.
    SEMPER FI DO OR DIE! PLATOON 3106 ANGELS OF DEATH!

Im in the same boat. I have a fucked up L5-S1. Fucks everything up. I can't squat or front squat. Just Leg Curls SLDs. Extension. Leg press, hacks, Step ups Stationary Lunges, Walking Lunges.

I can't start with Leg Presses or hack first. I have to pre Exhaust.

As far as exercises go, I think you will be fine without squats- because It sounds like you have no choice. Just try different intensity techniques. And make sure you are really feeling the muscles work. Keep the intensity up all the way. HIIT has helped me a lot.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

What does your back routine look like?

Comment

Chins
        Pulldowns
        BB Row
        Deads
        DB Row
        Or some seated Cable row
        Or some Hammer Strength Rows

How did you hurt your back?
        Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Marine corps training and then a 60 mile an hr crash involving me a light pole and a Saturn

Comment

Hmm.

Well, Thank you for you service.
            Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

It's a pleasure to kill those fuckers

Comment

I fractured L4 and L5, still hurts 5yrs later, i keep my belt tight through my entire workout.. i stretch my lower back and hams before i start because obv your hams/glutes keep tightness on your lower back so trying to move heavy weight would put stress on your injury.

Comment

shoulders???

Comment

Working...
                  X