Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How Often Do You Take Off Weeks From Training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old_dude
    replied
    It varies, but on average once every 3-4 months, I do a deload of supps as well as weights. I usually look to tennis or something similar during that time.

Leave a comment:

• deanstm
    replied
    Haha ^ I think it would be the second option, especially if they don't practice active recuperation

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeForemanRules.
    replied
    Kids never take time off, then they grow up and realize rest makes you bigger and stronger.,,,that or they quit because their bodies are all fucked up from never taking time off.

Leave a comment:

• deanstm
    replied
    I was sideline for two weeks after leg surgery..... that was the longest Ive taken off in 3 yrs

Leave a comment:

• bigrgc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
    Do you not think that overtraining is primarily caused by sub-optimal nutrition?
    What the hell is overtraining? The body will basically shut down during a workout when it gets close to "overtraining" I think the reality is not "overtraining", but under recooperation. Meaning not enough sleep or food, which doesn't allow the c.n.s. and metabolism enough time to fully recooperate

Leave a comment:

• bigrgc
    replied
    None of the above. I take a week of during Christmas, and whenever my joints give me too much pain (once every couple months) I go by the way my body feels instead of circling a bunch of dates on the calendar lol

Leave a comment:

• Gym Junky.
    replied
    I rest when personal life & work forces me away from training.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by GSTAuthor View Post
    Many will say that overtraining does not exist, only under eating. They are wrong.
    Do you not think that overtraining is primarily caused by sub-optimal nutrition?

Leave a comment:

• GSTAuthor
    replied
    Originally posted by bluecountry View Post
    Curious how often, if ever, you recommend taking off a week from the gym?
    Although I voted for every 3 months, I'll admit that it's tough to mentally leave the gym for a couple of weeks, ever. But yes, I'd say I take a week off every 3 months or so.

Great topic btw. Many will say that overtraining does not exist, only under eating. They are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• rantorcha
    replied
    I usually take a week off when one of two things happen...either I feel really tired and run down OR every 3-4 months.

Leave a comment:

• energise
    replied
    I usually take time off once every 6 months but only when I have exams to cope with

Leave a comment:

• RogerThat
    replied
    a whole week? I can't go more than 2 days without working out. but the last time i took a week was after 3 months of lifting. and it was only because i was down in vacation and i was literally out all day and when i got back to the hotel i would pass out.

Leave a comment:

• lally
    replied
    once every 4

Leave a comment:

• ForX
    replied
    every week

Leave a comment:

• richieg6
    replied
    i am taking a week or 2 off in 4 weeks ,, after a 24 week cut,with 40-50 hours work a week , im mentally fucked!! 4 weeks left ,, CUTTING OVER XMAS,, fuck!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X