Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Question about legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about legs

Does anyone split up their leg day into two days?

I've been doing it for a few years now, Quads and Calves on one day, 3-4 days later I do Hamstrings and Calves. I've noticed a large improvement PERSONALLY because trying to do every exercise in one day is just physically and mentally too much for me.

What are your thoughts on it?

Edit: Hamstring day I'll do quad sweep and thighs also.
    Those who can't, say YOU can't

Same here.
    I split quads and hams.
    I do heavy SLDL's for hams and heavy squats and leg presses for quads.
    Trying to do both during the same workout would wipe me out.
    My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

totally agree splitting it is the way to go especially since starting out i noticed a lot more development in my quads and lacking in my hams. so now i do a quads day and hams and calves day four days later

Comment

Originally posted by Wallbag View Post

I've been doing it for a few years now, Quads and Calves on one day, 3-4 days later I do Hamstrings and Calves. I've noticed a large improvement PERSONALLY because trying to do every exercise in one day is just physically and mentally too much for me.

^^ so really you're hitting quads twice here^^ I would guess with obviously different movements and rep counts ect..

Kinda:

I have done quads/hams and saved calves for another day.

I've done quads and calves one day and then trained my hams on dack day, doing siff leg deads and regular deads.

I have never done just the strick quads one day and hams another like coleman would do though. I just hit my legs now on the same day mainlly because I HATE leg day 70% of the time because I have a knee that's going to need to be rebuilt before too many more years and two I would think our lower back would just get hammered doing quads on a seperate day...Unless you did them with back which as I mentioned I have done.
        www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

Comment

Originally posted by Hate4TheWeak View Post
          ^^ so really you're hitting quads twice here^^ I would guess with obviously different movements and rep counts ect..

Kinda:

I have done quads/hams and saved calves for another day.

I've done quads and calves one day and then trained my hams on dack day, doing siff leg deads and regular deads.

I have never done just the strick quads one day and hams another like coleman would do though. I just hit my legs now on the same day mainlly because I HATE leg day 70% of the time because I have a knee that's going to need to be rebuilt before too many more years and two I would think our lower back would just get hammered doing quads on a seperate day...Unless you did them with back which as I mentioned I have done.

I didn't think doing the leg adductor (Sp?) would impact my quad recovery too much considering I don't feel too much direct work from doing squats, kind of the same idea with thighs?

Comment

When I was able to train legs again after I hurt my back I could only do it by splittin them up into different days. It is starting to look like I'm going to have do that again real soon.
            Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

i used to do quads & hams on separate days too.

Actually, i'd split up my back days as well.

Rows & deadlifts with Hamstrings
              Pull downs & Pull ups with quads
              There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

Comment

Originally posted by inhiliator5000 View Post
                i used to do quads & hams on separate days too.

Actually, i'd split up my back days as well.

Rows & deadlifts with Hamstrings
                Pull downs & Pull ups with quads
                Good idea.
                My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

If you split legs into two seperate days, what do you with legs on each of these days?
                  I like doing legs with shoulders, I could not see splitting legs with anything else.

Chest? No.
                  Arms, totally different muscle.
                  Back? Heh, exhausting.

Comment

I just do a double -- calves/hams in the morning, and quads int he evening. Follow it with a day off.

Works best for me.

Dorian used to have an interesting method -- finish quads, then have a protein shake, rest about 10 minutes, and then hit hams.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallbag View Post

if it works it works. keep going with it until you need a change.

i like squatting 2 days per week when my recovery is good. i just go ass to the floor until my lower body is trashed with no other leg movements. if im not recovering well i go once per week with the same plan still no need for any other movements unless i was prepping.

Comment

just saw this thread is over a month old lol. oh well

Comment

Originally posted by joe d View Post
                          just saw this thread is over a month old lol. oh well
                          I'm still reading. Twice a week? These sound like good ideas, pretty hard though.

I'll have to try the Dorian Yates method, since his style has been working fairly well for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X