Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Arm Training Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start off Heavy, then fade off to high volume...

Supersetting Worked well for me to...

Comment

Originally posted by Carnage View Post
      Start off Heavy, then fade off to high volume...

Supersetting Worked well for me to...
      dude fuck your advice I just wanna look at your avatar.. lmao
      - might give that a shot next go around
      Originally posted by modredtrenton
      someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Comment

Originally posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
        dude fuck your advice I just wanna look at your avatar.. lmao
        - might give that a shot next go around
        lol.. i my split i train my arms after chest and back...so a 3 day split will look like

Chest
        Back
        Bi/Tri

Comment

Originally posted by Kontour View Post
          I do calves and forearms 2 days a week when I'm feeling good so yeah, we have very similar splits. I might start doing light bis after back and light tris after chest and see if it's too much.
          What i do is on those days i chose 1 tri and 1 bi excersize. And i aim to get atleast 1 rep higher or 5lb heavier. So if it just so happens that i want to do Skull Crushers, ill pyramid up to 1 big workset. Same for bi's. I train arms regularly on arm day. I found 3 tri excersizes after a full chest session got me no where. Hope this helps bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo_29 View Post
            What i do is on those days i chose 1 tri and 1 bi excersize. And i aim to get atleast 1 rep higher or 5lb heavier. So if it just so happens that i want to do Skull Crushers, ill pyramid up to 1 big workset. Same for bi's. I train arms regularly on arm day. I found 3 tri excersizes after a full chest session got me no where. Hope this helps bro.
            Yeah, that is helpful. I was thinking 3-4 tri exercises after chest would be way too much, and it would take me forever. But following what you explained seems like something worth trying. Thanks man.

Comment

I don't have "great arms", in fact I've struggled in the past (especially biceps) what I found helpful was actually dropping them from having their own training day...and instead focusing on the bigger bodyparts in a off/on split.

Day 1. Chest/Shoulders/ 1 Triceps movement (usually a mass movement)
              Day 2. Off
              Day 3. Quads/Hams/Calves
              Day 4. Off
              Day 5. Back/ 1 Biceps movement (using dumbbells like seated alt. curls, or standing, but something in those lines)
              Day 6 Off
              Day 7 Start Over.

I did this for six weeks...focused on heavy mass movements for the main bodyparts, lots of benching (barbell and dumbbells), pull ups (bodyweight, stay away from the lat pulldown machine), heavy free weight rows, T-Bars, Deadlights, Dumbbell Rows, Heavy shoulder pressing...so that was the emphasis for the upper body training. I gained roughly an inch on my arms and about 8lbs in the process.

Not saying this might work for you, but it's worth considering again I had a hard time bringing them up and it helped to actually 'give them a rest' from conventional arm training.
              "I'd rather be dead than average" - Mike Maddog Bell

Comment

Hit Triceps after Deltoids and Biceps after Chest for a change.

Triceps routine this fried me up!

Incline Bench EZ-Bar Skull Crushers
                ~ 1 warm up set 15 reps
                ~ 2 working sets 8 reps

Close-Grip Bench Press
                ~ 3 working sets 8, 8, 6

EZ-Bar Attachment Cable Pushdowns Supersetting Dips (Bodyweight)
                ~ 3 working sets failure

Biceps
                2 movements lately hit it for me no more of that 3-5 movement bull shit.

Preacher Barbell Curls 3 sets 12-15 reps
                Standing Barbell Curls 3 sets 8-10 reps

Comment

Working...
                X