Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

NEW TRAINING SPLIT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NEW TRAINING SPLIT

    HOW'S THIS SOUND FOR A TRAINING SPLIT?? MON- CHEST AND BACK, TUE- LEGS, WED- REST, THUR- CHEST AND BACK, FRI- LEGS, SAT- REST, SUN- SHOULDERS AND ARMS. SHOULDERS AND ARMS ONCE A WEEK. EVERYTHING ELSE TWICE A WEEK. I WOuld also throw traps in the probably on the chest and back days

  • #2
    seems like shit

    Comment


    • #3
      Why do you say that?

      Comment


      • #4
        Terrible
        All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

        Comment


        • #5
          Lagging body part (pick one) and smaller body part (calves, abs, forearms, arms) can, and probably should be trained twice a week. For every other body part train only once per week
          All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

          Comment


          • #6
            Sounds great, as long as you've got plenty of quality calories to help recover. Hitting your arms and delts hard just once a week should give them plenty of stimulation to grow.

            Also be weary of hitting tons of big compound lifts days on end....bench presses/chins/deadlifts the day before squats...you can really overload your CNS that way. I'd suggest making each chest/back then leg workout unique in its own. You could do a heavy day chest/back on monday, then a lighter higher volume chest/back on thursday.

            Just have fun with it man!


            \Whats your training experience/history? What are your current stats? Height/Weight/est BF%...and Current Diet? Just macros will do brah!

            Comment


            • #7
              I have done dozens of different workout routines and training splits. everything from full body workouts 3 days a week, to a 5 day training splits I've also done the push/pull, I've done 1 day on 1 day off, and so many other ones. my thoughts with this was I kinda wanted to touch on everything twice a week, but I read sometimes when training arms less training is actually better since they are a small muscle often overtrained by many people. and the fact that I do so many incline movements for chest my shoulders always get worked, at least my front delts. I am dominate push movements, so whatever training split I decide to do I will probly incorporate back workouts twice a week .

              Comment


              • #8
                my current training split is sunday-back and a little traps maybe a couple sets for rear delts, Monday-chest and calfs, Tuesday-bis, tris, and forearms, Wednesday-legs, Thursday-shoulders and traps Friday-rest, Saturday-rest. another idea I had was keeping my routine the same as it is now and adding a second late day on friday or Saturday. What do you guys think?? I still wanna hit back twice a week though, what kinda ideas do you guys have???

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jrb24 View Post
                  I have done dozens of different workout routines and training splits. everything from full body workouts 3 days a week, to a 5 day training splits I've also done the push/pull, I've done 1 day on 1 day off, and so many other ones. my thoughts with this was I kinda wanted to touch on everything twice a week, but I read sometimes when training arms less training is actually better since they are a small muscle often overtrained by many people. and the fact that I do so many incline movements for chest my shoulders always get worked, at least my front delts. I am dominate push movements, so whatever training split I decide to do I will probly incorporate back workouts twice a week .
                  Because arms are smaller muscles they recooperate much faster than larger muscles like back so arms can be trained twice per week no problem, just warm up the elbows real good and only do skullcrushers once a week. If you train back balls to the wall twice per week your central nervous system will be so taxed. Better get at least 8 hours of uniterrupted sleep each night, and a huge surplus of calories if you plan on making gains on a split like that. Good luck with that!
                  All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    whats your split if you dont mind me asking bigrgc?? i guess i might just keep my split as is. whats you opinon on legs twice a week? and i wasnt planing on going balls to the wall while hitting back twice a week. one day would be more row movements, and the other would be pulldowns and pull ups. as for sleep, haha i'm no where near a soild 8 hours.... more like a soild 6 hours.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      there are many factors that need to be adressed to decide what split works best for you. but unless your on a lot of gear, sleep at least 8 hours a day, have a almost perfect diet, non physical job , and very good genetics that also help you recover rapidly you do not need to work every body part that often. just hit each part HARD once a week then rest and grow!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        good point my man d Matt. I do you make sure I kill every body part once a week. I should just stick to that. what kind of training splits are you using ?? What is somebody's goal was to increase their 1 rep max for flat bench? Should they train chest more than once a week?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jrb24 View Post
                          whats your split if you dont mind me asking bigrgc?? i guess i might just keep my split as is. whats you opinon on legs twice a week? and i wasnt planing on going balls to the wall while hitting back twice a week. one day would be more row movements, and the other would be pulldowns and pull ups. as for sleep, haha i'm no where near a soild 8 hours.... more like a soild 6 hours.
                          Day 1. chest, 9 pump sets biceps, 6 sets delts
                          Day 2. 9 pump sets triceps, back, traps
                          Day 3. calves
                          Day 4. quads, hamstrings
                          Day 5. arms
                          Day 6. calves, abs
                          Day 7. Repeat
                          * day off whenever I feel necessary (usually once a week, but sometimes I take two or three days off per week depending on how I feel)

                          I have been trying many different splits over the years and this has by far been the best. It prioritizes my weaknesess and places less emphasis on my stronger body part (delts). I think training legs twice per week is a good idea. You can split up quads and hamstrings or do them both together with a heavy and light day. The only reason I train legs once per week is because I have bad knees. I really think back is best when trained once per week with a combination of isolation movements, and compound rowing and deadlifting movements all in one workout
                          All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jrb24 View Post
                            good point my man d Matt. I do you make sure I kill every body part once a week. I should just stick to that. what kind of training splits are you using ?? What is somebody's goal was to increase their 1 rep max for flat bench? Should they train chest more than once a week?
                            to increase your 1 rep max i would personally reccomend a split where 1 workout was strictly a powerlifter type chest workout and though some may dissagree i like using either chains or bands to help break past sticking points. then next chest workout more reps and dumbell movements keeping weight about 60-70% below your 1 RM. but i would still keep workouts far enough apart to fully recover. probably every 4-5 days apart. also remember this is not a sprint to see which one of you or your buddies can bench the most. just increase weight slowly. even if you only increase your bench by 5 pounds every couple weeks after a few weeks guess what? it adds up!! i'm 50 years old and do not recover as well as younger guys so i just hit everything once a week except calf's which i hit at least twice a week. usually every 3 days. But i train a few clients and most still work most body parts once a week. i've been training a 49 year young woman for 2 years as of this month. she's 5'3" tall currently 152 pounds and even though she was weak when i first started training her i told her focuse on form and diet and consistanty and strength will come. currenlty she is leg pressing 520 pounds for 10-12 reps and bench pressing 165 pounds for 10-12 reps. her legs are definatly her strong point but what i'm saying is be patient, consistant, diet good, rest, and DO NOT OVERTRAIN!!! good luck.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bigrgc View Post
                              Day 1. chest, 9 pump sets biceps, 6 sets delts
                              Day 2. 9 pump sets triceps, back, traps
                              Day 3. calves
                              Day 4. quads, hamstrings
                              Day 5. arms
                              Day 6. calves, abs
                              Day 7. Repeat
                              * day off whenever I feel necessary (usually once a week, but sometimes I take two or three days off per week depending on how I feel)

                              I have been trying many different splits over the years and this has by far been the best. It prioritizes my weaknesess and places less emphasis on my stronger body part (delts). I think training legs twice per week is a good idea. You can split up quads and hamstrings or do them both together with a heavy and light day. The only reason I train legs once per week is because I have bad knees. I really think back is best when trained once per week with a combination of isolation movements, and compound rowing and deadlifting movements all in one workout
                              This split is even worse than the OP's.
                              The rumors of my suicide were greatly exaggerated.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X