Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Arm Day: Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arm Day: Yes or No

I was curious to hear everyone's opinion on having a separate day for arm training. I'm still on the fence about it so any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes
    64.71%
    No
    35.29%
    Originally posted by modredtrenton
    someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Arms on a seperate day is good. Thats what I do now. Allows you to hit them hard and fresh. In my case I usually did triceps first since they are much smaller then my biceps. Or I would alternate exercises. A bicep exercise supersetted with a tricep exercise to keep the arms fully pumped. Ive blasted the fuck out of my triceps so its most likely just my structure at this point. My arms would fluctuate between 18 1/4 to 19 throughout the year depending on injuries and food intake. They are back to 19 now, but for some reason they have never gone past that mark. That may happen this year, but I will definately continue to give them thier own day to make the most out of those sessions. I space my arms day so that it is not before back training, or before chest training. Since biceps and triceps are heavily used in back and chest training

KILLLL THAT SHIT
    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

Yea def man, I've always wanted to bring my arms up. I saw toney freeman at a local show, I'm 6'2 as is he. So I was asking how he brought his arms up. He told me to train them together and don't worry about the weight really go for as good a contraction as possible, it's worked wonders. Also I've been following some of John meadows workouts, he's all about the pump on arms, I think it was John who said to grip the bar as tight as possible is every exercise you do also. It works man try it. I get a good pump and do the compound movements towards the end of my workout, and don't forget to squeeze the hell out of the bar. You won't be disappointed.
      Team- Big Ramy. Believe the hype.
      We all live the same life man, just diff places and diff routines - Jay Cutler

Comment

If I were to do arms followed by a day off then chest or back would that be okay?
        Originally posted by modredtrenton
        someone said 20 pounds of REAL muscle is all you can gain as a natty in you whole life

Comment

no, because biceps get hit twice and triceps get hit 3 times "arms, chest, shoulders".
          I like doing them separate but it gives me bad elbow pain and lower bicep pain.
          The greater danger is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that our aim is too low and we hit

Comment

Originally posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
            If I were to do arms followed by a day off then chest or back would that be okay?
            All depends how hard you hit it and your recovery ability. It may vary weekly. usually a day or two off between is fine for me though. I just wont hit arms the day before chest or back. In the past when my recovery was better, with less injuries it wasnt as much an issue
            Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

if arms were a strong body part and they grew easy i would just train them after chest and shoulders (too spent after back) but since they are not i think a day for arms is important just to be able to do more volume and to have more energy and strength

Comment

if your arms are a weak point then hittin bi's and tri's together is a better idea

Comment

Originally posted by TrainInsane201 View Post
                  I wold do chest/back, then take a day (or two) off before hitting arms by themselves.
                  Today I will do what you will not, so that tomorrow I can do what you cannot.

Comment

i always hit bi's / tri's in their own workout.. after i have done chest and back

Comment

I'd prefer to use that extra day to hit my hams and calves, but saying that it depends what your strengths and weaknesses are, if youre arms need bringing up then would make sense to give them their own day.

Comment

Yup.. but I also do touch up for the triceps on chest day!
                        www.AntoineVaillant.com www.UniversalUSA.com www.MuscularDevelopment.com
                        SHOCK THERAPY : http://www.universalusa.com/Universal/ShockTherapy

Comment

of course because for that 1 hour at the gym I actually look like I have big arms. Unless you got super arm genetics then having an arm day is probably a good thing.

Comment

In my experience arms grow from pumps more so then other bodyparts, and the only way I can get a crazy pump is to do bi's/tri's together. I am rather gifted in arm size genetically so I ditched the arm day and just did chest/bi's and shoulders/tri's for about a year thinking it wouldn't matter and I felt like my arms no longer were a strong point. So I went back and good things happened

Comment

Hell if I know....
                              www.LamarByrdJr.com
                              TeamWolf

Comment

Working...
                              X