Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Best Ab Exercise for Stregthening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Ab Exercise for Stregthening

I am leaving this kind of vague on purpose. And this doesn't HAVE TO be about Ab exercises, so no poll. But I want peoples opinions.

My lower back is fucked up and the more I can strengthen my abs or core, the better my back feels.

Go.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Definetly cable crunches. Just focus on keeping constant tension on your abdominals rather that using your back to move the weight. Go heavy for 8-10 controlled reps. These have helped my deadlift to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
      I am leaving this kind of vague on purpose. And this doesn't HAVE TO be about Ab exercises, so no poll. But I want peoples opinions.

My lower back is fucked up and the more I can strengthen my abs or core, the better my back feels.

Go.
      Click on the link and you will find a slide show with numerous ab strengthening/core wkouts for your abs and back http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/core-strength/SM00047
      hope this helps

Comment

Get yourself on a reverse hyper machine.

Comment

Originally posted by lil mama View Post
          Click on the link and you will find a slide show with numerous ab strengthening/core wkouts for your abs and back http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/core-strength/SM00047
          hope this helps
          Oh thank you for that link. I'm going to try those exercises out later tonight. My back is always hurting when i workout abs for some reason. hopefully that will make a difference.

Comment

Duh cross over crunches! Get the squeeze in

Comment

Posterior chain work and placing emphasis on training the transverse abdominus (TVA).

Comment

Thank you everybody.
                Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Depends on why your back hurts. I many cases, sit-ups and leg raises are a really bad choice, some cases they are the only choice...

Get a doc to help you figure out WHY your back hurts, go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Otise
                    Hi Joker,
                    Front squats with barbell, renegade dumbbell rows and mountain climbers on floor are great exercises for abs. Besides workout do focus on your diet plans and watch what you eat. Admin, very informative abs strengthening slide show and must be of great help for those who are working on abs muscles.
                    It's also helps with back or did you not read what info the link had to offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Demonwolf View Post
                      Depends on why your back hurts. I many cases, sit-ups and leg raises are a really bad choice, some cases they are the only choice...Get a doc to help you figure out WHY your back hurts, go from there.
                      I know why my back hurts. I tore my facet joint on my L5-S1.
                      Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

But I've been squating light for reps of 20 and pulling big for a few months are that seems to have been the biggest help. I didn't do either moves for years becuase the DR said no. But the pain never went away. 4 years later I figured that my low back muscles must have atrophied makin ab work painfully impossible, literally, and causing my core to weaken. I said fuck it and started doing more compound moves and stopped working around the injury and it worked. I still need to work my core though obviously.
                        Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

I would do Bench crunches,(calves on a bench) that way your lower back area is flat on the floor and you can concentrate on your Abs. Lower back training you have lots of exercises in the slide show above posted by the Hot Baby Doll Pro...

Comment

Working...
                          X