Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How much ya squat? Does it really farking matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much ya squat? Does it really farking matter?

Yes i used the word farking....anyways. Just got done doing legs, and i've always gone as deep as i possibly can. I've very flexible in the ankles and so on, plus i wear wedges when i squat. For quad growth does it really matter how much weight you move? I literally don't know how much weight i did but it couldn't have been more then 225 and im 195 pounds. My legs feel awful....Full deep reps or moving tons of weight? Lets hear it all!

I use too go real heavy n saw no growth reps with 405 didnt do jack for my quads, then i started pre exhausting my quads with 4-5 sets of 50 on leg extensions then after they are full of blood i move on to compound movements its worked amazing as far as leg growth so i think it comes down to figuring out what works best. Who gives a shit if u do 500 for 10 on the squats n your legs look like twigs

Comment

Do what you like. I don't think you are 100% convinved for you to ask others opinions. It depends on what works, somebody just like the rush of putting up heavy numbers for X amount of reps.
      B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

Comment

I suck at squatting!

Comment

495x4

Heavy squats are best for overall size.... But Ive found 225 for 30plus reps to be much more productive as far as look goes.
          All I need to do is be me , if you like me great if you don't then move along cause I don't have time for nonsense..... Lil Mama

Comment

High reps for legs works best for me, very rarely do I go heavier than 275 on squats after alot of pre exhausting.

Comment

i never did much squats because my legs where so big. (yes sounds arrogant but is true) never did more than 350 pounds for 10 reps. i train squats regularly now but not that heavy i feel better with not so much weight(maybe 120-140kg) on the bar, doin more excercises for legs.i do slow reps i go for the stretch .
              https://www.instagram.com/modredtrenton/

Comment

How do you not know how much weight was on the bar?
                ironmaglabs.com

Comment

Originally posted by ionicrod View Post
                  hm? its different each training depends on how i feel.
                  https://www.instagram.com/modredtrenton/

Comment

We have those bumber plates thats what i used. And i was just throwing them on and didnt take time to add it up

Comment

Originally posted by pmaks88 View Post
                      We have those bumber plates thats what i used. And i was just throwing them on and didnt take time to add it up
                      Oh okay, I understand

I hate those plates. I swear the ones I used weigh less. Plus, all these crossfit chicks are posting photos like crazy of them performing various lifts with loaded barbells. Just annoying.

Frank Zane said he regrets doing more than 185 on squats, you never know.
                      ironmaglabs.com

Comment

Oh okay, I understand

I hate those plates. I swear the ones I used weigh less. Plus, all these crossfit chicks are posting photos like crazy of them performing various lifts with loaded barbells. Just annoying.

Frank Zane said he regrets doing more than 185 on squats, you never know.

Good post. Just because your capeable of lifting a certain amount of weight, even for high reps. Doesn't mean its a smart thing to do. Atleast thats what i've been thinking to myself. I honestly can't squat alot of weight, luckily my legs grow fairly easily. Again like people have said everyone is different. I like to hear other peoples opinions on this kinda stuff. Sometimes you can take things from these posts.

Comment

It's the weight you have done, or have worked up too. I've worked up to 6plates a side in the past.

After that, the mind muscle connection with 405 is much, much stronger then it was when 405 was relatively new. A good feel to a relatively heavy weight generally equals more results in my opinion.

That being said: The weight absolutely fucking matters.

Comment

Originally posted by KurtyJ99 View Post
                            It's the weight you have done, or have worked up too. I've worked up to 6plates a side in the past.

After that, the mind muscle connection with 405 is much, much stronger then it was when 405 was relatively new. A good feel to a relatively heavy weight generally equals more results in my opinion.

That being said: The weight absolutely fucking matters.
                            the weight dont mean shit if your just moving it, u can squat 225 for 20 and fuck up your quads more than if you did 405 for 12 the more fibers you recruit n break down the better the results. Its about breakin down muscle tissue not fucking up your joints

Comment

just like any other muscle and BBing goes.... reps (pump) for size and weight for strength.

300 for 10 means you should eb able to do 400 for 1 but 1 rep aint gonna do much for size. back in the day i found high reps sets for size and pump sets or a lot of heavy sets with minimum rest works also (smolov)
                              http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Working...
                              X