Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Need opinion on Pec Tear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinion on Pec Tear.

Sunday afternoon (yesterday) I tore my pec major while bench pressing. Heard a rip and some fibers tearing. Slowly it bruised up and some pain on internal rotation and adduction. See the pic below. 24 hours later theres is some more bruising but pretty much you get the idea.

Saw an ortho today, and MRI is scheduled wednesday. He said if its a tendon rupture form the bone he recommends surgery, however if its a tear at the musculo tendon junction, or intramuscular then you just have to let it scar.

What should I do? Obviously time is a limiting factor so I have to make a decision soon, but right now I am leaning towards not getting the surgery? Particularly because it will take 4 weeks in cast and 8 weeks about 12 weeks of rehab to get back.

What will be the downsides of it? Besides a cosmetic defect, and weaker bench press, what else will I be weak at?

What would you guys do?
    Attached Files

24 hours later.

I obviously have to wait until the MRI to decide, and if its not a tendon rupture than I have no decision to make cause there is no surgery.
    , but after the MRI things are going to move pretty fast, and I wont have a lot of time to decide, so just trying to think before hand and get some opinions.
    Attached Files

Comment

i had a small pec issue like your about 15 years ago.... took 6 wks off from almost all upper body. could do some work but had to work around the pain, every time you more the arm the pec is used to a point. i ended up having to do alot of machine work.

if you take it easy and be VERY VERY easy on the muscle way after the pain is gone you should be fine..... dont push it at all, if theres any pain at all dont do it. you can be strong again and go heavy or rep out all you want if you let the muscle recover fully before pushing it.

long story short take it easy. about 1 year ago i benched 455 paused and at the time i hurt myself i was benching about 330-340, so dont let anyone tell you that your done lifting heavy.
      http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

up the dose mate

Comment

Originally posted by USEALITTLE View Post
          i had a small pec issue like your about 15 years ago.... took 6 wks off from almost all upper body. could do some work but had to work around the pain, every time you more the arm the pec is used to a point. i ended up having to do alot of machine work.

if you take it easy and be VERY VERY easy on the muscle way after the pain is gone you should be fine..... dont push it at all, if theres any pain at all dont do it. you can be strong again and go heavy or rep out all you want if you let the muscle recover fully before pushing it.

long story short take it easy. about 1 year ago i benched 455 paused and at the time i hurt myself i was benching about 330-340, so dont let anyone tell you that your done lifting heavy.

Hey got the MRI results, it says a really bad strain but the tendon is intact and the muscle has not retracted. Did your bruising get this bad?

I am all ready seeing some decrease in size..
          Attached Files

Comment

I think you should put all energy now into a speedy recover and not worry about size/strength loss. That shit comes back. Just focus on getting better.
            Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
              I think you should put all energy now into a speedy recover and not worry about size/strength loss. That shit comes back. Just focus on getting better.
              Thanks, Yes I am allready Over it so to speak. Had a fun leg work out today.

Comment

Originally posted by bhumik View Post
                Hey got the MRI results, it says a really bad strain but the tendon is intact and the muscle has not retracted. Did your bruising get this bad?

I am all ready seeing some decrease in size..
                no, mine was a small tear And the discoloration never got that bad. I it's worst it got to maybe a little bigger then a silver dollar size. Just moving the arm or putting ANY pressure on it was nuts with pain! Yours is much worse then what I had...
                http://www.blacklionresearch.com/

WORLD PHARM =

Comment

Working...
                X