Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Who Squats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Squats?

Post typical leg sessions, why do/don't squat, pics, etc.
    I Don't Squat Due to Medical Reasons
    9.56%
    I Don't Squat Because They Are Not Effective
    5.15%
    I Squat
    55.15%
    If I Could Only Do One Leg Movement For The Rest Of My Life It Would Be Squats
    30.15%
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Every leg session I begin with BB squats and I have the ass to prove it.
    My Enhanced Journal.

Comment

I know...

Training Log

Comment

495 x 5
        555 x 1 in gym
        530 in a meet
        and maybe my best ever... 545 in a Planet Fitness surrounded by purple and yellow while Britany Spears was playing. lol

Comment

How do you typically structure your lower body sessions, tjoe?

Training Log

Comment

Lol, sorry I had to laugh!
            I switch up my routines like crazy! I've done some 5/3/1, did some westside, did some Russian volume stuff...
            Honestly at this point it really seems like I do the best when I just do my own thing.
            I have always been a big fan of working up to one all out set. Typically alternating higher reps one week with lower the next.
            I've done squats and deads on the same day and liked that a lot as it allowed the pc a full week of recovery.

Comment

QUADS
              •Warm knees up with leg extensions
              •Barbell or squat machine squats. These alternate every week. Start off with 225 and work up to 405 for 8-10 reps the. Finish with 315.
              •Leg Presses--start out with 6 on each side and work my way up to 12/side and then down to 8/side for last set.
              •Hack Squat--start of with 3/side and finish with 6/side
              •Hacks and Leg presses alternate each week with the order they go

HAMSTRINGS
              •Prone leg curls--4 sets
              •Seated leg curls--4 sets
              •Stiff leg dead lifts or good mornings for 4 sets
              I stop me....no one else does.

Comment

I'm on the side of "not squatting due to medical reasons AND it not being as effective for me"

I enjoy squatting… squatted tons in my 20s. BUt after a long time of squatting, I realized that my legs didn't get any bigger. I actually had people go up to the gym owner and complain "There's no way that guy is going to squat that weight with those legs". lol

Nowadays though, I've gained a little bit of size on my legs, and that was from extension/curl pre-exhaustion, and hacks or press.

I'll throw squats into the mix on occasion, just to check mobility, but they're not the core of my leg day.

To add to all of this, I have a degenerative disk in my back that doesn't always respond well to pressure. Last week I was squatting.. and it felt great (link). The next day, and all over the holidays, my back was done like Christmas dinner.

Comment

only hack squats the last 4 or so years....barbell squats dont give the same quad stimulation...partially due to my lack of flexibility
                  Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Comment

Squats should be 85% of your entire leg workout.
                    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Comment

I hit lowerbody twice per week - one day for explosiveness/speed, and the other for all out max. I do my speed work in three-week waves increasing the weight slightly each week. We switch the resistance types and the bars used per the Conjugate Method.

Typical speed day -

Box squat variation (varied bars and bands/chains)
                      8 warmup sets of two reps
                      6-10 work sets of two reps

Deadlift variation (lately we've been maxing out different types of pulls every speed day)

Hack squats and/or leg press
                      3-6sets using varied tempo, rep range, and utilizing multi-tier drop sets to failure.

3 heavy movements for back (usually 12 sets total, sometimes more)

Then either extensions/curls, hip ab-aductor or GHR/reverse hyper.

Typically I hit glute, lower and mid back on lower body days, and mid, upper and traps on upper body days.

Training Log

Comment

I dont train legs...don't see the point unless you compete..

Walk into a club and no chick will be thinking i wonder how big his legs are...arms, chest and abs = perfection

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
                          I dont train legs...don't see the point unless you compete..

Walk into a club and no chick will be thinking i wonder how big his legs are...arms, chest and abs = perfection
                          My wife loves my legs. They're so hairy and manly.

Training Log

Comment

Press squats then hack squats for me

Comment

Most leg days.... look like this...as of recently
                              Squats
                              Stiff leg dead lifts
                              Lunges
                              Leg extensions
                              Leg curls
                              Leg press
                              Hack squat
                              All I need to do is be me , if you like me great if you don't then move along cause I don't have time for nonsense..... Lil Mama

Comment

Working...
                              X