Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Bent Over Rows or T Bar Rows ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Over Rows or T Bar Rows ?

Because of Dorian Yates the reverse grip higher body angle bent over row took off. After all who didn't want a back like Dorian 's . I myself made these a staple of my workouts for years , occasionly varying with dumbbell rows.
    Recently I've noticed an increase in popularity of T Bar Rows . I myself have incorporated T Bars more and more into my work outs. Although I feel both have their place , I find a better squeeze and contraction from T Bars

BOTH, this is like comparing SUMO to Conv. Deads, they are the same but different. I prefer to use the T-bar one week then a BO row the next

Comment

Prefer T bars, but switch it up if my hams or lower back are feeling a little tender.

Comment

Originally posted by jerzey View Post
        BOTH, this is like comparing SUMO to Conv. Deads, they are the same but different. I prefer to use the T-bar one week then a BO row the next

That's an interesting comparison. I definitely feel T Bars most in my inner lats

Comment

Have you tried the bent over rows on a smith machine?
          I find I can concentrate on the squeeze/pump better than barbell.

Comment

Originally posted by Aliwen View Post
            Have you tried the bent over rows on a smith machine?
            I find I can concentrate on the squeeze/pump better than barbell.

Yes and I'm a fan. The squeeze is incredible

Comment

t-bars.
              That was the first back rowing exercise I ever did in a gym.
              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Bent overs all day long for me , they suit my biomechanics perfectly .

i have stopped using an underhand grip in most heavy rowing , deadlift and pull down excercises mind you . The majority of biceps tears seem to happen with these grips

as for smith machine ones , we have a smiths machine that goes forwards and backwards as well as up and down and rowing / presses / lunges etc on this machine are fantastic
                Out Of Pain Comes Glory

Comment

Originally posted by WTDoom View Post
                  Bent overs all day long for me , they suit my biomechanics perfectly .

i have stopped using an underhand grip in most heavy rowing , deadlift and pull down excercises mind you . The majority of biceps tears seem to happen with these grips

as for smith machine ones , we have a smiths machine that goes forwards and backwards as well as up and down and rowing / presses / lunges etc on this machine are fantastic
                  The underhand grip is hell on the bicep tendon. I rarely do underhand rows anymore

Comment

Originally posted by thegoon View Post
                    The underhand grip is hell on the bicep tendon. I rarely do underhand rows anymore
                    I will warm up with under hand grip for 2-3 sets then switch to over hand, no issues

Comment

Originally posted by jerzey View Post
                      I will warm up with under hand grip for 2-3 sets then switch to over hand, no issues

That's good , I start feeling a strain if I go heavy with the under hand grip. I do like the underhand squeeze better

Comment

i do both, due to each workout hit the back in many dif ways.
                        MY KING OF KINGS

Comment

Originally posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
                          i do both, due to each workout hit the back in many dif ways.
                          Always a good idea it's a large muscle group

Comment

Goon, have you tried rows with a hex bar? I love them I feel they suit me better. You get a good compression with no unwanted strain on the lower back and you can bush your arms back further without the barbell hitting your navel area. Neural grip is a good benefit also.

i like to use the high grip and stand on a box - for some reason it just feels better.

i love all big back exercises like t bars, barbell rows etc but hex rows are really good to throw in there.

Comment

Both, I go a little wide grip on my barbell row an narrow grip on T-bar.

Comment

Working...
                              X