Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To GYM

Originally posted by Pearce View Post
    Fitness 365 (formerly Monster Gym)
    Toronto, Ontario
    www.fitness365.ca
    416 243 2503
    aWESOME, i'LL CHECK IT OUT IN July!!! Thanks!

Comment

• NITRO-GYM : 160 dumbies, 48 Blvd Pie IX, Granby, Québec, Canada. 450-375-6501, small gym, big awards. Lot's of Mr.Canadas passed here.

FIREGYM : 877 , highway 112, St-Césaire, Québec, Canada. 450-469-0168, new gym, walls covered in flames and our slogan is "Pain is part of our daily lives", but in french.

PERFECTO GYM : 260 dumbies (yes haha), Dunno adress, St-jean, québec, Canada. The 260 dumbells were especially made for the CANADIAN DESTROYER, the guy who bends stuff.

All HARDCORE, loud music, chalk allowed, no bullshitting. ( I work at both Nitro and Fire)

If you guys are somehow in town, drop in!
      Last edited by Antoine; June 18, 2007, 10:34 AM.
      www.AntoineVaillant.com www.UniversalUSA.com www.MuscularDevelopment.com
      SHOCK THERAPY : http://www.universalusa.com/Universal/ShockTherapy

Comment

• Originally posted by thundergod View Post
        Hey Romano!!! Read the article in the july issue of MD about Golds. These place are sprouting up all over. They recently opened one up less than 4 minutes from my house and the place is huge. I went in just to see what the equipment was like and after talking to the manager, he said they DO NOT allow any deadlifts in this new club. (in other words, NO POWER LIFTING) After talking with this clown and reading your article, the "real" GOLDS GYM is dead!!!
        How do they dont allow deadlifts haha? why?
        www.AntoineVaillant.com www.UniversalUSA.com www.MuscularDevelopment.com
        SHOCK THERAPY : http://www.universalusa.com/Universal/ShockTherapy

Comment

• quebec gyms

Awesome, Antoine. I'll be in Quebec next month! Does anyone know of any hardcore gyms in Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Quebec City, or in the Maritimes of Canada? This is an awesome thread!

mo_sco

Originally posted by Antoine View Post
          NITRO-GYM : 160 dumbies, 48 Blvd Pie IX, Granby, Québec, Canada. 450-375-6501, small gym, big awards. Lot's of Mr.Canadas passed here.

FIREGYM : 877 , highway 112, St-Césaire, Québec, Canada. 450-469-0168, new gym, walls covered in flames and our slogan is "Pain is part of our daily lives", but in french.

PERFECTO GYM : 260 dumbies (yes haha), Dunno adress, St-jean, québec, Canada. The 260 dumbells were especially made for the CANADIAN DESTROYER, the guy who bends stuff.

All HARDCORE, loud music, chalk allowed, no bullshitting. ( I work at both Nitro and Fire)

If you guys are somehow in town, drop in!

Comment

• Ok guys after reading last months article about Gold's Gyms my boss sent John Romano an email and John told him to put his gym up here. So here you go:
            Gold's Gym
            Green Brook, New Jersey
            (732)-968-6501 (ask for Rob or Matt)
            Keeping it hardcore!

P.S. We are opening a Gold's in Morristown New Jersey by January 2008. Thier wont be a bigger or better equiped free weight room in New Jersey!!!

Comment

• Houston

any hardcore gyms around Houston? suitably around med center or rice or west u?
              "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

Comment

• i finaly found one in atlanta...well close at least

muscle world gym
                jonesboro rd
                forest park ga

its about 15 minutes from downtown easily accessed from I75
                150lb dumbells
                pictures of all the greats grace the walls, its loud, its dirty, chalk friendly, and by all means scream if you wanna

Comment

• The Golds Gym article pissed off some people at Gold's INC. They said I missed the boat. What do you guys think?

Comment

• Hey John, what about my idea of featuring a gym every month in a Hardcore Gym section to accompany your column? I'm sure people will be willing to send in photos and info, and it would be excellent to see all the gyms across the country. I'd definitely send in pics of the places here. The owners were psyched about you printing up the info I posted on here (no free memberships though haha).

Comment

• Originally posted by PaHulkster View Post
                      Hey John, what about my idea of featuring a gym every month in a Hardcore Gym section to accompany your column? I'm sure people will be willing to send in photos and info, and it would be excellent to see all the gyms across the country. I'd definitely send in pics of the places here. The owners were psyched about you printing up the info I posted on here (no free memberships though haha).
                      If you want to be in charge of handling that I'll be glad to print it in Factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Romano View Post
                        The Golds Gym article pissed off some people at Gold's INC. They said I missed the boat. What do you guys think?
                        No, I think you nailed it.
                        However, I do think this "change"in GOLDS is a metaphor for what is wrong with current bodybuilding. The sport had a real chance to grow along with the huge surge in gyms/health clubs. As we all know, the glorification to the 300 lb freak on extreme levels of anablics became our ideal "physique".
                        (* Don't even start with what happened to the woman)
                        With that as our poster boy, even the fitness minded public moved away and never came back. Consider that in Hollywood , guys like Arnold and Stallone made having a muscular body cool and attractive.
                        The conventional wisdom I hear is that bodybuilding shows needs the mass monsters because everyone pays to see a freak show.
                        That applys ONLY to the hardcore , extreme crowd which is what is being marketed to at present.
                        A 230-240 lb Jay Cutler or a Kai Green in his current shape will appeal to a much broader audiance and allow bodybuilding to boom, in my opinion.
                        If the figure babes posed in shows like bodybuilders, female bodybuilding would be back on the map as well. Picking winners with ideal, marketable physiques will help bodybuilding more than drug testing ever could.
                        I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Comment

• Originally posted by Antoine View Post

!
                          Who Petey Williams!!!lolz.

Comment

If you want to be in charge of handling that I'll be glad to print it in Factor.
                            I'll absolutely get you pictures of the places I train if you are willing to print them. There are at least three really good serious mom and pop gyms within 20 miles of me that I would love to see in a spotlight like The Romano Factor. Hopefully that will then inspire the other guys here to get some pictures going.

Comment

The Golds Gym article pissed off some people at Gold's INC. They said I missed the boat. What do you guys think?
                              What would you expect them to say? They got caught red handed with their pants down and now they want to do damage control.

I think the ultimate outcome will depend on the individual franchise owners. I left a Golds in Conshohocken Pennsylvania (Philadelphia suburbs) several years ago because the owners made it clear they did not want intense" bodybuilder" types in their gym. The owners of the Golds I am in now in Virginia are really cool and no one has any problems. If Gold's corporate does try to cram down their mantra, I hope the franchisees will do what Bev Francis did and switch out to Powerhouse or go private. That will hit Golds corporate in the pocketbook big time.

Comment

• Barbellclub, Butler PA

Think Harcore, Metroflex/Temple Gym, The Barbellclub in Butler, PA 109 N Ridge Ln 16001, even has a web page http://www.myspace.com/barbellclub Notable mention; 10-150lb dumbells, over 3800lbs in olympic plates, 12/45lb barbells, 11 Hammerstrength machines, Icarian weight stack machines, Bodymaster and Cybex benches/machines. 24/7, never closed, no key required, play your music as loud as you want, mirrors all around, photos of all the great bodybuilders, figure, and fitness pros. Lowest membership fee ever!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X