Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

trying to see what other people do. I am on a diet....dont know if it matters just throwing it out there.
    once per week
    65.88%
    twice per week
    34.12%

i usually train each body part every 5-6 days. i feel i need them to rest fully before i train again or else i don't get a good workout. i do about 20-25 sets per muscle group.

S12

Comment

i use to do everything twice a week
      but now i just something like this
      chest
      back
      arms
      legs
      shoulders
      off
      off

Comment

2x a week for 3 weeks then a de-load week ( 1x a week no failure sets ) , typically 10-12 sets for large muscles, 5-6 for small ones. If I were on steroids and GH I would increase the volume by 10-20%

Comment

Twice a week, but I listen to my body. I never train a bodypart that is still sore from a previous workout.
          STM

Comment

it really depends on how well you recover and if your juicing or not,Me personally i hit arms 2 times a week 1 heavy and i superset workout,calves 3 times a week with abs,all other bodyparts 1 time a week.but its up to you and how you feel.
            Ride the stache!

Comment

What works for me, based on my recovery requirements, is that I usually hit each body part *2 within a 7 day span.

Normally, I take one day off, between workouts.

I do that for 6 weeks, then I have a de-load week, usually consisting of a whole body workout, three workout days that week, 2 very light weight sets and 15-25 reps, for each body part.
              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

everything once a week except shoudlers for me. I hit them on monday and friday along w/ chest monday and arms friday. Kinda split them up. they are my weak point so i like to hit them twice anyway
                Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                F.I.T. Corps

Comment

i do everything once a week with about 9-11 sets normally, however i have friends that have trained 2 times a week with 10 sets each time or they do once a week with 15 or so sets. u just have to decide what works best.
                  AAEFX Internet Rep
                  AAEFX.com prrstraining.com

Comment

Depends on the program's overall design... too many variables to consider. The best answer for someone trying to gain muscle is as many times as possible to keep getting a training affect.

Retrain too soon and you won't allow enough recovery for growth - and you may overreach and subsequently overtrain. Retrain too late and you'll miss the peak compensation from the training stimulus and hit a return back to previous fitness levels.

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities...
                    Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                      Depends on the program's overall design... too many variables to consider. The best answer for someone trying to gain muscle is as many times as possible to keep getting a training affect.

Retrain too soon and you won't allow enough recovery for growth - and you may overreach and subsequently overtrain. Retrain too late and you'll miss the peak compensation from the training stimulus and hit a return back to previous fitness levels.

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities...

Age, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, ability to recover (natty or chemically enhanced).... among others.

NYC BIG MIKE
                      Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Once per week for each bodypart and on average 20-25 sets, but for a weak area I will add in one extra workout done light for a few sets just to get extra blood/nutrients into the muscle and I'll use different exercises than on my regular workout.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
                          Age, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, ability to recover (natty or chemically enhanced).... among others.

NYC BIG MIKE
                          Yeah, those are also big players too. Level of conditioning is often not even thought of... how many young gym rats do you see trying to mimic the training structure of someone who has been training for years? All the time. "Biceps on Mondays" from a guy 150 pounds, soaking wet. It's important to train at your level. Many beginners would be better off using full body routines or basic upper-lower body splits.

So... putting the list together...

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities, age, sex, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, use of ergogenics (pharmaceutical, nutritional, mechanical, motivational)...
                          Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                            Yeah, those are also big players too. Level of conditioning is often not even thought of... how many young gym rats do you see trying to mimic the training structure of someone who has been training for years? All the time. "Biceps on Mondays" from a guy 150 pounds, soaking wet. It's important to train at your level. Many beginners would be better off using full body routines or basic upper-lower body splits.

So... putting the list together...

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities, age, sex, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, use of ergogenics (pharmaceutical, nutritional, mechanical, motivational)...

Im off topic but I just wanted to say nice website Warrior, I just checked it out for the first time.

Comment

I only weight train on weekends so every body part is hit directly every two weeks. Because of this, exercise selection is important for me.

For example I directly train Chest on one weekend and Tris on another. Since of course your tris are also stimulated on any pressing movement, they are still getting worked even though I won't directly train them for another week. On Tri day (the following weekend), I do close grip bench press and dips which also hit chest. In that way I avoid any overlap yet still indirectly stimulate muscles I haven't worked since the prior week.

It's not ideal but it fits my schedule. Furthermore, I haven't lost any strength in 3 or 4 years doing this and many of my lifts continue to improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X