Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Training Volume/Intensity Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My answer is a bit misleading because I use both 5-8 and the higher set ranges. For larger bodyparts (Back, Quads, Chest) I'll go with 10-16 sets. For smaller groups like bis, tris I'll go with 5-8 sets total.
    NGA PRO BODYBUILDER
    Team P/RR/S Warrior

Comment

• moderate volume. 1-3 on main exercises 4-5 on auxiliary exercises. for example work up to 3 sets of heavy triples on bench then 4-5 x 5-6 reps on incline. Finish off with 3-4 x 10-15 flyes. I must say my best results were from dorian style HIT. However, too many injuries. I pushed the failure thing too far. When I would be grinding out that last rep then, pop! I learned to back off. I used to be obsessed with absolute failure or I thought I was cheating myself. I still train to failure on exercises i feel are safe but, once i break form , set is over. No more grinding my molars into dust on that last rep.
      @Agrsv_Athletics

Comment

• depends on what I'm working usually high 9-14 or more than 15
        "STAND PROUD! Whether youre seated, standing or even laying on your back" - Ben Pak

Comment

• 8-10 is goood..20 sets. !

lol guys do 10 sets take huge amounts opf drugs a and feel hardcore....bahaha fuck that shit

Comment

• Big body parts: chest, legs, back 15-20, smaller parts like arms 10-15 (per muscle). I train each body part once every 6 days, or try to.

Comment

• Your workout routine should have phases. The body does respond well to high volume but you also have to taper off where you work with moderate volume for a while before hitting high volume again. There are a lot of factors involved too since every individual is physiologically unique and respond differently. It usually takes a few years into serious training to understand your own genetic potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by daibhí o'buadain View Post
                consider putting up a training video of you demonstrating all of the bolded text.
                this....lol

Comment

• For me on a 3 Day split 10-12 sets big body parts and 5/6 for smaller ones like bis/tris. I will sometimes just do 5 sets of incline straight bar french press for tris and 5 sets BB curls or chinning the bar for Bis. Full body workouts i do 3/4 sets per body part as there is so much overlap. Full Body you can do 2 sets per body part and get great results. bearing in mind i am into Martial arts.

Comment

Working...
                  X