Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Cable crossovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable crossovers

Do they really help bring out the striations in the last few weeks b4 a contest? Let's say two identical twin males with 3% bodyfat entered a contest. One guy did cable crossovers the other guy didn't. Who would have the better pecs?

Hypothetically speaking of course

No, I don't believe they do. Very low bodyfat and muscle control brings out the striations.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Talionis View Post
      Do they really help bring out the striations in the last few weeks b4 a contest? Let's say two identical twin males with 3% bodyfat entered a contest. One guy did cable crossovers the other guy didn't. Who would have the better pecs?

Hypothetically speaking of course
      Told ya

Comment

Originally posted by siouxcountry View Post
        No, I don't believe they do. Very low bodyfat and muscle control brings out the striations.
        Low bodyfat with sheer size. It never fails, the guy in the gym most concerned about inner, middle, side - upper right quadrant - chest building movements haven't fully maximized basic lifting... many have weak bench press strength... or never bench free weight - either stick to Hammer or the rediculous Smith Machine.

If you want a nice chest, you need to train it with progressively heavy free weight movements... use the isolation stuff to simply fully deplete the muscle and/or get full fiber recruitment... but bread-and-butter of chest training needs to be progressive free wight pressing movements. Than, when you drop the fat - your genetic shape will show clearly.

The only real hope to "shape" your chest is targeting the upper and lower pec... basic muscle physiology. Some feel that the fan-shape structure of the chest allows for more control over the shape... but I seriously doubt it. You have pec minor and pec major to train and grow... work with that.
        Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

I knew a natural competitor with one of the best developed chest & most deeply etched striations you'd ever seen. Never did a cable cross over in his life.

Just get really shredded & have big pecs... period
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            I knew a natural competitor with one of the best developed chest & most deeply etched striations you'd ever seen. Never did a cable cross over in his life.

Just get really shredded & have big pecs... period
            Exactly Lex.
            Last edited by str8flexed; January 6, 2007, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shire Reeve V View Post
              Exactly Lex.
              Take it up with Ron Harris Baby Dick. Here's what he said;

Lex, aside from low bodyfat, you need two other things to have decent chest striations:
              A) A significant amount of pec thickness, and
              B) Muscle maturity, which comes from years of heavy training, as well as extensive posing and stretching of the chest

Crossovers help, in my opinion, because they are essentially posing and stretching (the crab most muscular pose) with resistance.

If your friend's show is only 6 weeks away, he should not worry about it now. Tell him to just focus on his condition and presentation, as well as maintaining his size and fullness as best he can. Good luck to him!

Now leave before you continue to embar-ass yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Talionis View Post
                Take it up with Ron Harris Baby Dick. Here's what he said;

Lex, aside from low bodyfat, you need two other things to have decent chest striations:
                A) A significant amount of pec thickness, and
                B) Muscle maturity, which comes from years of heavy training, as well as extensive posing and stretching of the chest

Crossovers help, in my opinion, because they are essentially posing and stretching (the crab most muscular pose) with resistance.

If your friend's show is only 6 weeks away, he should not worry about it now. Tell him to just focus on his condition and presentation, as well as maintaining his size and fullness as best he can. Good luck to him!

Now leave before you continue to embar-ass yourself
                I forgot, Ron Harris is the God of Bodybuilding Knowledge and should never be questioned.

Comment

Many do crossovers incorrectly; they favor more weight instead of a good stretch; fucking up the whole movement. The stretch should help with general growth - it isn't going to stretch stirations into the muscle or something... but can use resitance to pull back the fascia and stretch the muscle belly itself to help with recovery and clearing metabolic waste. Also, I can see how the contracted position of cross-overs could help with a stronger min-muscle connection for posing purposes.

Do crossovers bring out chest striations? No. Do crossovers help general growth via stretching the muscle and maximizing full fiber recruitment; and better prepare a bodybuilder for a strong posing routine? Deffinitly.
                  Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                    Many do crossovers incorrectly; they favor more weight instead of a good stretch; fucking up the whole movement. The stretch should help with general growth - it isn't going to stretch stirations into the muscle or something... but can use resitance to pull back the fascia and stretch the muscle belly itself to help with recovery and clearing metabolic waste. Also, I can see how the contracted position of cross-overs could help with a stronger min-muscle connection for posing purposes.

Do crossovers bring out chest striations? No. Do crossovers help general growth via stretching the muscle and maximizing full fiber recruitment; and better prepare a bodybuilder for a strong posing routine? Deffinitly.
                    ding! we have a winner
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      ding! we have a winner

Agreed.

NYC BIG MIKE
                      Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
                        Agreed.

NYC BIG MIKE
                        Disagreed to disagree

Comment

Little man, I think you actually have to work out to participate and contribute to this conversation. Next.

NYC BIG MIKE
                          Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Working...
                          X