Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

My leg workout....And a Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My leg workout....And a Question

2 sets of leg presses 180lbs ( warmup )
    1 set of leg press 270lbs ( warmup )
    Last warmup of 360 for a few reps. ( Last warmup )

4 sets leg presses

1 set of 5-7 reps (630lbs)
    1 set of 4-6 reps (720lbs)
    1 set of 2-3 reps (790lbs)
    1 set of 3-5 reps (630lbs)

4 sets Front Squats (ass to the floor)

4 set of 7-11 reps (135lbs to 185lbs )

Leg extensions

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Ham curls

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

I started training calves on diff days becuase they lack and need more attention. My reason for front squats is my cyctic acne currently on the back of my neck. People in the gym think I am crazy doing front squats saying..dosent that hurt your shoulder??! A few members on here made a good point that squats shouldent be taken out of my workout for that they are the best mass builder for legs. So with that said..I decided to take up front squats and they kill the hell out of everything! I really like them but my question is are normal squats still superior over the front squats? Thanks guys
    myspace.com/Gameover8470

Front Squats tend to be more quadriceps oriented. Where as traditional squats tend work more on the gluts and hams. Donít get me wrong the both hit the same muscle groups, just to varying degrees. Plus front squats will force you to have perfect form.
    When weighing the pros and cons, I feel they are equally as good.
    Happy Lifting

Comment

Normal Squats are better than Front Squats for putting on Size but front squats are still a really, really good exercise. They're better than leg press. Do them first and hit them hard.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/ptarleton?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by NemesisProgram View Post
        2 sets of leg presses 180lbs ( warmup )
        1 set of leg press 270lbs ( warmup )
        Last warmup of 360 for a few reps. ( Last warmup )

4 sets leg presses

1 set of 5-7 reps (630lbs)
        1 set of 4-6 reps (720lbs)
        1 set of 2-3 reps (790lbs)
        1 set of 3-5 reps (630lbs)

4 sets Front Squats (ass to the floor)

4 set of 7-11 reps (135lbs to 185lbs )

Leg extensions

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

Ham curls

3-4 sets of 6-10 reps

I started training calves on diff days becuase they lack and need more attention. My reason for front squats is my cyctic acne currently on the back of my neck. People in the gym think I am crazy doing front squats saying..dosent that hurt your shoulder??! A few members on here made a good point that squats shouldent be taken out of my workout for that they are the best mass builder for legs. So with that said..I decided to take up front squats and they kill the hell out of everything! I really like them but my question is are normal squats still superior over the front squats? Thanks guys
        Higher reps needed.

Comment

Who care what other people think.

I agree with PT.

To clarify. I agree that squats are overall better but that front squats are excellent also.
          Last edited by The Joker; April 16, 2011, 01:25 PM.
          Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PTarleton View Post
            Normal Squats are better than Front Squats for putting on Size but front squats are still a really, really good exercise. They're better than leg press. Do them first and hit them hard.
            Squats first? Why first?
            Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Comment

Originally posted by NemesisProgram View Post
              I really like them but my question is are normal squats still superior over the front squats? Thanks guys
              Yes regular squats are better and in any case whatever squat you're doing should probably go before all those sets of leg press to get the most out of it.
              www.IronMagLabs.com

15% off on all IronMagLabs products at the IronMagLabs store= H4TW15

Comment

Working...
              X