Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Bike or Treadmill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike or Treadmill

Hey MDer's, need opinions. I was thinking about getting one of those recumbent bikes or a treadmill. Treadmill is boring. I like to ride the bike. But not sure which one will be more beneficial for cardio/# dropping What does everyone think.

Will, if the treadmill is boring and you are not going to use it as much, then obviously go with a bike that you will actually use on a regular basis.

As far as which one is more effective for weightloss/cardiovascular conditioning: They are both equal. They both accomplish the same thing.

I would argue that a treadmill would be more "functional" as far as it relates to your everyday life, but that may not be of great concern to you.

So, just go with whichever one you see yourself using more.
    Trijicon acog trijicon night trijicon trijicon rmr trijicon accupoint

Comment

IMO for cardio bike or treadmill are the same. I've a bike. The point is to bring the heart in the desired % range (65-75% or what you desire for your goal). Maybe the treadmill can be more beneficial for calves and glutes.

Comment

I'll throw in a vote for the bike... However I will vote against the recumbent bike.. which is the version where u're sitting in a more reclined position... I prefer the upright version so you can stand up on the pedals to add intensity.. (as if you were going uphill) ... It's also easier for me to do HIIT on a bike because I can pedal faster - vs - increasing the speed on the treadmill with the button... And finally, the bike is more forgiving to my knees and "trick" ankle...

~G
        Save $$$ by using discount code - GDD106 - at TrueProtein.com - Thx!

Comment

To purchase? Bike? Seems better for me personally and potentially more durable. But I think cardio is great in variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Gymratter View Post
            Hey MDer's, need opinions. I was thinking about getting one of those recumbent bikes or a treadmill. Treadmill is boring. I like to ride the bike. But not sure which one will be more beneficial for cardio/# dropping What does everyone think.
            I love to put the treadmill on a very steap inc to hit calves.Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.You can walk fast and be sweating and breathing heavily after 5 minutes and your calves will be pumped and on fire.Unless this is Frankhousiers(spell check?)gimmick account,you need more calves!Mine are an inch bigger than my arms,and I need more calves....
            PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

I would go with a up-right bike too. You are going to use it more than a treadmill, since it is boring to you. Let us know what you get, I am thinkning about getting a bike or elliptical at home also.

Comment

Isn't cardio just boring period?Isn't that what cardio's all about?
                PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

If you hate your ankles, knees, hips, and lumbar spine, then get a treadmill.

Originally posted by GameDayDog View Post
                  I'll throw in a vote for the bike... However I will vote against the recumbent bike.. which is the version where u're sitting in a more reclined position... I prefer the upright version so you can stand up on the pedals to add intensity.. (as if you were going uphill) ... It's also easier for me to do HIIT on a bike because I can pedal faster - vs - increasing the speed on the treadmill with the button... And finally, the bike is more forgiving to my knees and "trick" ankle...

~G
                  Did you know being in that hunched position for an extended peroid of time can cut circulation to your member and do some long term ED damage.

Comment

I vote bike...if your going to walk/run on a treadmill you might as well do it outside assuming the weather permits...I've always found treadmills extremely boring. I'd rather do eliptical, stair stepper, bike, pretty much anything over the treadmill lol
                    Nutrishop Woodland Hills and Thousand Oaks CA Store Owner, NPC Bodybuilder and USPA Powerlifter Brandon Gerdes.

Comment

Buy a real bike and an indoor trainer and a pair of running shoes.

Comment

Alright folks, I will post here what I end up getting. Weather permitting I can walk/run/HIIT outside w/ my wife. For those rainy/shitload snow days a ex bike would be good, plus I like bike ridding. I do have some knee/foot issues, I feel that a bike would be less impact. If all you guys are right, it does the same as the treadmill, I get the bike. Do you all feel that there is a huge diff between an upright vs. recumbent bike? Thanx for the input.

Comment

I have an ellitpical/bike. It does wonders for me.

Comment

I am a treadmill guy, but i'll hit the bike when the treadmill gets stale. I would go walking or riding outside, but its cold here in shitty Nebraska

Comment

Forget the gerbil cardio! Run or bike outside like a human being, not a freakin robot!
                              Myth's training blog:

Comment

Working...
                              X