Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Do you train with a training partener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you train with a training partener?

I would really like to be able to train with a partner, but I have never had one. I find that it is hard to find anyone that is reliable enough to be a good training partner, then there is also the problem of finding someone with a simlilar schedule.

How do you guys feel about training partners.
    Yes
    29.41%
    No
    70.59%
    WOOO!

Originally posted by ChrisTattrie View Post
    I would really like to be able to train with a partner, but I have never had one. I find that it is hard to find anyone that is reliable enough to be a good training partner, then there is also the problem of finding someone with a simlilar schedule.

How do you guys feel about training partners.

I beleive learning to train without one is a great way to begin as you will leanr better to depend on yourself to pump up for a workout rather than relying on a guy/group to get the workout rolling. If you are consistent at a gym then making friends is a good thing, and asking for a lift off while explaining is complete detail what you want out of the set before hand always helps me atleast 95% of the time. A training partner is great if you are world known, and can find somebody almost identical to you in training, but even then is a shot in the dark. It can be good for constant good hand offs, but still somebody has to alter a schedule with yours, so getting use to it at the beginning is the best experience IMO!
    B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

Comment

None of my partners ever keep up or like my schedule so Id rather do it alone I usually dont lift extreme weight and even though a spot every now and again can be very helpful id rather not have the interuptions.

Comment

I like having a partner during a bulking cycle, i am a very heavy lifter so i need a spot, I have a buddy who has stuck with me for a while, i recently started using a trainer to help me "top off" my bulk phase and then I am going to cut for show, it is working very well. my advice to you is to look around you at the gym find someone who is there around the same time you are usually and that trains alot like you and befriend them, eventually you can start working out together.

Comment

My buddy and I both got interested in powerlifting at the same time, so I've been lucky in having a good training partner since I started training at a gym. In powerlifting it's pretty much required to have a good spotter, especially on a lift like the bench press, but what I find helps the most is that he's naturally a very large man, well suited to powerlifting. Being able to train with people who are bigger or stronger than you gives you a lot of motivation; when you can see big weights and great results in person, rather than just in videos or magazines, you get more confident that you can get those same results yourself. Plus, it's always handy to have another guy to bounce ideas off of, or someone who can look at you and honestly tell you how you're progressing.

Comment

It depends to ur goal...........wanna get big, training partner is a must
            4500 calories

Comment

im back to training alone and i definately prefer it
              "Leg Day Is Business"
              Layne Norton

Comment

both have pros and cons. I enjoy training alone because I can just do what I want, go at my pace and not have to wait for the person to show up or anything like that. BUT on the other hand I have trained with many different partners and right now i've been training with a guy who is perfect. Good spot, flexible times and choices for excersises and he just wants to keep going and going....also good on days when you feel tired or unmotivated and just want a "light" workout, my partner will just turn that mood around and the workout will be insane again.

So a partner is never BAD to have but sometimes training alone is great too. Just make sure those partners show up on TIME!!

Comment

I prefer to train alone. Working out is a private and personal thing for me.

Comment

It's hard to find someone quiet to train, so I've been training for 2 years and I don't think it'll change...
                    "I'll rip out your eyeball and piss on your brain."

Comment

Originally posted by bbj View Post
                      It's hard to find someone quiet to train, so I've been training for 2 years and I don't think it'll change...

Umm...what?

Comment

I don't have one at the moment, but I love training with someone. I hate wearing my MP3 player in there and not having someone to bullshit and fuck around with in between sets. I had a partner until we both got deployed to different parts of the world, and now that we are both back, he's on the opposite shift as me...freakin boo. People on base are so damn unapproachable just walking down the sidewalk, much less when they're in the gym after their big ass serving of N.O. Xplode and a protein shake in the gym when they're "zoning" so i guess I'll just keep bumming spots and rocking out for the time being.

Comment

Lee how did you find it to train alone compared to training with a partner such as Tom Platz or Rusty Jeffers. What did you feel gave you better workouts?
                          Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

I also train alone, i find its hard to find anyone thats actually dedicated to bodybuilding, and even if you do alot of people just train for the beach and not bodybuilding competitions so they dont take things so seriously.

The advantage of a training partner is you'll push eachother extremely hard just look at branch warren and johnnie jackson.

the disadvantage is you havent got a spotter to spot you on the big lifts so you end up being cautious of how much weight your lifting, no one wants to get stuck under a heavy bench press.
                            Check my journal out.ROAD TO NATURAL BODYBUILDING

Comment

Originally posted by hardc0rehardy5 View Post
                              I don't have one at the moment, but I love training with someone. I hate wearing my MP3 player in there and not having someone to bullshit and fuck around with in between sets. I had a partner until we both got deployed to different parts of the world, and now that we are both back, he's on the opposite shift as me...freakin boo. People on base are so damn unapproachable just walking down the sidewalk, much less when they're in the gym after their big ass serving of N.O. Xplode and a protein shake in the gym when they're "zoning" so i guess I'll just keep bumming spots and rocking out for the time being.

Got my partner back. They put him on Days again, so it's on, except for leg day, because his knee requires surgery to fix a torn ligament

Comment

Working...
                              X