Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Post your "secret" exercises

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last exercise for today. This one if for shoulders. It is a single arm front cable raise. Take an adjustable incline bench and set the angle somewhere between 30 and 70 degrees. Use a d-handle or rope on a low cable pulley. You lay face down on the incline bench facing away from the low cable pulley. When doing the exercise with your right arm, you need to set the bench off to the left of the low pulley so your right shoulder, arm elbow, hand , and low pulley are all in one straight line with each other. In the beginning of exercise, your arm should be right along side your body, then you do the front raise with the arm so the arm is along side your head. Pretty strict way to do this exercise and it burns pretty well. Good for the rotator cuff too. Weight needs to be pretty light.

Comment

how about this. if you have a smith machince Low row... Do it. combine with smith machine pulldowns (reverse grip) i wish the gym i am at now had it and im thinking of joining a second for them(smith machines) they flared my back out so much better than any exercise to date.

Comment

A behind the back version of the shrug performed on the Smith machine. Your butt gets in the way with barbell behind the back shrugs but when you use the Smith machine you can actually lean forward (like a ski jumper --- your head is forward with your feet behind) effectively moving your ass out of the way. You bend your arms during this movement and it becomes kind of a shrug/row. It KILLS your traps and is an AWESOME exercise. Give it a try!
        ATLARGENUTRITION.COM
        WANNABEBIG.COM

Comment

I do Gymnastic Iron Crosses. Keeps my waist around 31 in the offseason and 28 at competition

Comment

I take the bottom pulley of a crossover rack, and place a 45 in front of it, then an adjustable bench so you're facing the rack on. Hook a crossover handle up and you can really hit the lats high and low and really get a squeeze out of it. Basically one arm rows.

You can even put two handles on there and hold them close or wide.
            People say: "Never say Never".

Comment

Dumbbell shrugs while leaning on an incline bench - chest against the pad. It helps to shift the load off the top of the shoulders (away from the verticle plane) and more toward the upper back area - where the traps actually reside...
              Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

This exercise is a single arm incline cable curl. An adjustable incline bench is positioned so you are facing away form a low cable pulley. When doing the exercise with your right arm the bench should be a little to the right of the cable pulley then moved to the left when doing the exercise with the left arm. Then using either a d-handle or a single handed rope do the incline curl. This exercise also works pretty good standing but still facinbg away from the cable pulley. With the arm pulled back behind the body a little, it prestretches the long head of the biceps which will cause a strong contracvtion of the long head.

Comment

same position as warrior mentioned about dumbbell shrugs but do upright rows with dumbbells and even a bar works well too but depends on the type of bench becuase the bar may hit the bench Laterals in this position alao work pretty well

Comment

Using a trap bar for barbell front raises laying on an incline bench works the front delts pretty well. Keep your legs close together so the curved part of the bar can pass by your legs allowing for a greater stretch.

Comment

This exercise is similar to the high cable pulley curl done with two arms like a front double biceps. But this is done one arm at a time using a preacher bench. The seat of the preacher bench is done so your upper arm is at a right angle to your body. you just brace your upper arm or elbow on the pad and do one arm at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Goodrum
                        I do Gymnastic Iron Crosses. Keeps my waist around 31 in the offseason and 28 at competition
                        why bother Vince.

Comment

Originally posted by chris mason
                          A behind the back version of the shrug performed on the Smith machine. Your butt gets in the way with barbell behind the back shrugs but when you use the Smith machine you can actually lean forward (like a ski jumper --- your head is forward with your feet behind) effectively moving your ass out of the way. You bend your arms during this movement and it becomes kind of a shrug/row. It KILLS your traps and is an AWESOME exercise. Give it a try!
                          You can do this at a squat rack too. I lean forward pulling the barbell up the posts this keeps the barbell off my ass, and when I do front shrugs with the barbell I lean back and this keeps it off my junk.
                          People say: "Never say Never".

Comment

Dumbbell Squats-Drop Set.. Awesome, and little back involvement great if you suffer from back pain.

Rest Pause barbell Curls, awesome size and pump here

Natural glute ham Raise. Second best hammy exercise possible

Gironda Press for Chest. I've really gained some serious ground doing these.

Incline Cable Curls as well, great strech.

Nuff Said

Comment

An exercise using a horizontal leg press machine can work the tibialis anterior muscle (front of the calf) well. you put your heel at the top of the platformyour toes and ball of your foot should be over the top of the platform. Use light weight. Let your toes drop of in this case go forward and then lift your foot back toward you (dorsiflexion). You can also do calf raises by putting your foot at the bottom of the platform.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X