Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Post your "secret" exercises

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the over shoulder boulder holder is a great one
    im only laughing on the outside my smile is only skin deep...

Comment

Smith Machine One -Arm Rows:

Stand beside a Smith Machine set at its lowest setting,bend over and grab the bar right in the middle,hold onto the machine with your other hand for support,and perform one-arm rows.............swith sides of course!!

Great exercise for a change of pace
      Strictly Business

Comment

Sleeping!!! My secret exercise is not exercising at all, but sleeping!

Comment

Originally posted by tu_holmes
          Sleeping!!! My secret exercise is not exercising at all, but sleeping!

damned if that so very true. extra/sufficient sleep will help you grow better than any secret exercise. but if youre looking to specialize, then try these much lesser known and/or used movements for new soreness and size.

back - cobras(google for technique - it will be more than worth your efforts.

chest - leaning forward dips(no lockout)

traps - lie down on a low pulley cable row with a straight bar handle, arms locked, and slowly shrug the stack to your ears...as you release it back, let it really stretch out the fascia - insane deep negatives will yield amazing results and don't forget to vary your hand positions. excellent finisher for traps.

side delts - lie on an incline bench sideways, and grab a light enough dumbell to really rep out for an unreal burn. the tension is extended on these higher up in the arc than the traditional standing variation. theyre wicked if you focus on the task at hand.

Tri's - California presses. Using a false shoulder-width grip(or slightly closer), press a heavily loaded barbell to lockout(make sure to squeeze at this point furiously) and only lower the barbell to the top of your head, no deeper. These should be maxed out on, and someprefer to do them in a power rack on the pins to complete muscular failure. they will blow the back of your arms up.

forearms/bis - underhand pull-ups. Using a true grip thats so close your hands are almost touching. focus on pulling with your arms. I knew a guy who only did these for his bi's and tie-ins, and he had serious pipes.

legs - walking lunges have never failed me as an auxillary go-to movement. they won't fail you either provided your man enough to gut them out.

Comment

Originally posted by buddha
            how about this. if you have a smith machince Low row... Do it. combine with smith machine pulldowns (reverse grip) i wish the gym i am at now had it and im thinking of joining a second for them(smith machines) they flared my back out so much better than any exercise to date.
            I ment to say a hammer strength machine.. i dont know what i was thinking.

Comment

Bradford Press:

Press a BB to the top of the head only, and then lower it behind the neck,then back to the front, just clearing the top of the head,then back to the back of the neck, and so on.

The constant tension fron not locking out is awesone.

I usually Super-Set laterals with these, doing the laterals first to pre-exhaust the delts.......killer combo.

Standing or seated, Bradford Presses rock!!

I have yet to see anyone with stubborn delts fail to respond to this Super-Set.
              Strictly Business

Comment

No secrets but Nautilus Super Pullovers. Great for the lats. If your gym has one give it a try.

Comment

Incline bench dumbbell rows and barbell rows Using the trap bar allows for a greater contraction since the regular bar hits the bench. I found these two exercises to help increase strength with regular dumbbell and barbell rows. The relative inability of cheating and focusing on pulling the dumbbells or bar up as high as possible strengthens the contracted part of the movement which transfered to greater weight on regular dumbbell and barbell rows since the limiting part of the range of motion is the very top as its being pulled into the stomach

Comment

Originally posted by davidbb
                    OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.
                    glut ham raises

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...48615516816460
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

thanks
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

yeah damn!!! that video was good. I have only seen a person do two reps of them in all the different gyms i have been to in the last decade. awesome

Comment

thanks man.. bet you liked the song too eh?
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

Yeah song made it all the better. Its good to see their are still poeple that like that music instead of hip hop and rap all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Danok
                              Layne - we'll have to rename them the Moses Glute Ham Raises bro..you looked like moses holding out the tablets on the mountain...
                              haha, it's a ridiculous exercise... it's my one claim to fame i guess
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

another challenging exercise that would be impressive is the exact opposite of the glute ham raise. I dont know if any of you ever saw a sissy squat machine. But if you have the normal way is to squat down with both hip and knee flexion and extension. But the harder way would be to do no hip flexion and extension during the movement; only knee flexion and extension. know what I mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X