Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Post your "secret" exercises

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so much as secret, as you just don't see people doing them a lot.

Incline curls and the tricep ext/close grip bench combo with the e-z bar.

The best exercises are the forgotten ones that deliver results. No one like free weight flyes, straight bar curls.etc
    twitter: @badbadleroyb,

Comment

Originally posted by davidbb
      OK, most of us have at least one exercise that we swear by that few others seem to do, or at least a twist on on of the usual exercise. So post up yours, and why you do it.

Mine is incline bench french presses for triceps, mainly because it gives a great stretch and seems to add thickness to the triceps when viewed from the back.
      Yeah...I find it really works the top portion of the tricep

Comment

Originally posted by staticx
        One last exercise for today. This one if for shoulders. It is a single arm front cable raise. Take an adjustable incline bench and set the angle somewhere between 30 and 70 degrees. Use a d-handle or rope on a low cable pulley. You lay face down on the incline bench facing away from the low cable pulley. When doing the exercise with your right arm, you need to set the bench off to the left of the low pulley so your right shoulder, arm elbow, hand , and low pulley are all in one straight line with each other. In the beginning of exercise, your arm should be right along side your body, then you do the front raise with the arm so the arm is along side your head. Pretty strict way to do this exercise and it burns pretty well. Good for the rotator cuff too. Weight needs to be pretty light.
        Similarly I will lay on my back with my feet against the low cable machine. Front raises with both arms, using the rope grip. Great for really isolating the front delt.

Comment

Originally posted by Danok
          Dumbell Squats - what is the exact positioning of the dumbells while descending...I squat powerlifting style with my feet spread wide so I can keep my balance and get ass to ankle...any help appreciated and thanks for the reminder of this exercise..

Natural glute ham raise? I do straight leg dead lifts and machines..sorry to be a dumass, but can you explain this exercise...???

I'll google Gironda press...is this Vince from Oz Gironda??

Danok,

DB Squats I try and hold the DB vertically against my abdomen/lower chest. I do these with my heels on 10 lb plates. I love em cause it barely hits my lower back and you feel it all in your quads. Often times I'll make my final set a drop set

glute ham raise - Layne put that one up, Layne is the man at this exercise. I do 4-6 good reps with no additional weight and cheat to get 8 reps. I've yet to get to the point where I'm adding weight, someday. I've been doing them for 2 years on and off.

Gironda Press - tough to explain, I've found it takes a lot of weight off the front delts. When i bench press, it's almost all front delts from halfway to the down position, so I use the gironda press, you can't do nearly as much weight but the chest ROM is great

Comment

Rack deads
            and incline skull crushers
            TEAM MUSCLETECH

Elite Prep Athlete

www.thenextlevelnutrition.com

Comment

Originally posted by supermannpc
              Rack deads
              and incline skull crushers
              I hear ya on both of those. Rack Deads for pulling some of the lift off the legs to hit the back harder. And someone showed me Incline Extensions at the Powerhouse in Detroit... haven't gone back to doing them on a flat bench since... I prefer the stretch and position on the incline bench.
              Ramblings and gear: WarriorFX.com : 500-word winners in 2008

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Threads like this one make this one of the Best Forums on the web period. I'm a member at many other forums, but 90% of the time I spend cutting through Bullshit threads. At least here beside Adonis and a few others we are at least on a somewhat intelligent playing field regarding bodybuilding.

Comment

I like doing hanging Windshield wipers. Some people say it's an ego exercise, but it took me a long time and a lot of russian twists to be able to do it and nothing makes my abs feel like they're on fire like a few sets of that. I feel that it's mostly responsible for carving out my obliques.
                  I min/max my physique

Comment

These exercises are not secret either but not many people seem to do them. Rotator cuff training... I always see people just grab a light dumbbell bend their elbow at 90 degrees either by their side or with their arm in a start of a dumbbell press and do internal/external rotation. Thats great for ROM and warming them up but its not strengthening them a whole lot. Doing exercises using either dumbbells or cables with internal and external rotation exercises with actual resistance to get them stronger is great for preventing many different types of shoulder injury and it also improves almost virtually all upper body exercise strength. Your shoulder feels more stabilized during just about any exercise. After doing them for a couple of weeks regularly you feel more stabilized during all types of presses, rows, pulldowns and even curls. Its worth taking the time to do these.

Comment

Comment

Static Good point. Rotator cuff exercises are extremely overlooked IMO. This is typical because most don't see the benefit since it's not Getting you huge or you Don't get a wicked pump blah blah. But it will save your shoulders.

Comment

Decline dumbbell triceps extensions and even decline bar and cable extensions blast the triceps. Like the incline versions too mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by sex addict

back - cobras(google for technique - it will be more than worth your efforts.
                            Do you mean the yoga pose? This is all I can find on google.

Comment

no its not yoga. you grab both of the high pulley handles and kneel halfway between a cable crossover machine and then you do a pulldown type exercise know what I mean? cant find a picture for you sorry

Comment

Originally posted by staticx
                                no its not yoga. you grab both of the high pulley handles and kneel halfway between a cable crossover machine and then you do a pulldown type exercise know what I mean? cant find a picture for you sorry
                                That sounds tricky but promising? I'll give it a shot tonight...

Comment

Working...
                                X